USAPA Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
After so many months of chest thumping, it's about frikin' time! Let the chips (no pun intended) fall where they may. :up:

Speaking of chip, wonder that is happening and what nome de plume he is using now?

Long at laste it were begunne,
down past the poynte t'ward rising sonne,
wyth chest of skrolles, 3000 naymes,
each inked wyth blood these wrightious claymes,
the valyente krewe stood fore the maste,
embrayced the dawne, sayled fromme the past.

I've been flying with a bunch of J4J USAPA supporters over the last few weeks but none of them could answer two questions I had.

One, really is irrelevant here, pertained to whether they thought the Nic Award would be tossed simply by a change of representation.

The second question, that I do actually want answered, is are the former "west" pilots going to be part of this vote? I don't see how they could be as they are still a separate union and have a separate CBA. Several people have tried to tell me otherwise, but again, I don't see how it could be that way.

Either way, good for getting the cards in guys.

I've been flying with a bunch of J4J USAPA supporters over the last few weeks but none of them could answer two questions I had.

One, really is irrelevant here, pertained to whether they thought the Nic Award would be tossed simply by a change of representation.

The second question, that I do actually want answered, is are the former "west" pilots going to be part of this vote? I don't see how they could be as they are still a separate union and have a separate CBA. Several people have tried to tell me otherwise, but again, I don't see how it could be that way.

Either way, good for getting the cards in guys.

Answer to question one is we don't know. But we do know it won't be tossed without a change of representation.

Answer to question two is yes.

"November 13, 2007
Dear US Airways Pilot:

I ask you to go through your checklist thoroughly and compare what ALPA actually provides versus the promises of a possible start-up. Do not allow yourself to be blinded by emotion; while anyone can say things will be better on the outside, consider if and how someone can actually deliver on that promise. The polling results are very clear—the majority of US Airways pilots want to work from within to solve problems and build a better ALPA. The work that our ALPA Concerned Pilot Committee has already started indicates that you are aware of the dangers involved in decertification.

In solidarity,

Captain John H. Prater
President"

Not to worry Prater......your rigged polls told you what you wanted to hear

Still time to send in a card. Only you just have to send it to the NMB. So here is the address.

National Mediation Board
Office of legal Affairs
1301 K St. NW 250E
Washington, DC 20005
ATTN: Eileen Hennessey

The cut off time is 4 p.m. after the company submits a seniority list.

Have a Great Day!!!!!!

What I'd like to know is what is US Airways going to submit as a list..................................... :eek:

November 13, 2007
Dear US Airways Pilot:

Today, a group of US Airways pilots filed cards with the National Mediation Board (NMB) for an election to change your union representation. While I understand the frustration felt by all US Airways pilots, I continue to believe that belonging to ALPA offers you the best chance of bargaining a progressive contract that ends career stagnation and delivers significant improvements in pay, work rules, and benefits.

For many years, your elected ALPA representatives have been tireless advocates for the US Airways pilots in the face of uncertainty and change within our profession and our industry. We have a proud history together—one that cannot be changed by communications filled with inaccuracies, innuendos, and hollow promises. With so much at stake, we urge you to get the facts and understand the contributions of the union you built and what you are being urged to throw away.

It is ALPA’s responsibility to represent our members and adhere to our Constitution and By-Laws. However, some members feel that in fulfilling that responsibility, we’ve sacrificed them to advance the goals of others. In fact, we have done the opposite. We have provided every available resource to support the goals of the US Airways pilots.

Unfortunately, some US Airways pilots believe they can succeed outside of ALPA. They will not. If certified, their new organization will face endless litigation over their effort to overturn the Nicolau Award—with little chance of success. They can expect a large chunk of the pilot group to cancel dues check-off and sue their new union. You will endure many more years of providing management cheap labor while the new organization tries to organize itself, build resources, and negotiate.

Starting a union from scratch involves a large amount of money, qualified employees, a solid infrastructure, member benefits, extensive financial resources, and influence within the halls of government agencies. The new organization will never acquire the resources you need—resources that ALPA already has in place for the pilots you elected as Local and MEC representatives and officers to utilize in their decisions to enhance your profession and careers.

I ask you to go through your checklist thoroughly and compare what ALPA actually provides versus the promises of a possible start-up. Do not allow yourself to be blinded by emotion; while anyone can say things will be better on the outside, consider if and how someone can actually deliver on that promise. The polling results are very clear—the majority of US Airways pilots want to work from within to solve problems and build a better ALPA. The work that our ALPA Concerned Pilot Committee has already started indicates that you are aware of the dangers involved in decertification.

We will utilize the full resources of all ALPA members to ensure that you are all aware of what has been accomplished thus far in negotiations and what you stand to lose if the decertification is successful. We will do everything possible to ensure that our values, our goals, and our missions are clear—we are your representative now, and we are committed to remaining so.

ALPA has been delivering for pilots since 1931. Your union—ALPA—is the only pilots’ union that can represent you and your profession into the future. ALPA has the resources you need as a professional in today’s volatile world. ALPA has stood with the US Airways pilots through many difficult times, and it will stand strong with you long into the future. Our union continues to grow stronger, thanks to pilots working together collectively, and that includes the considerable contributions of the US Airways pilots.

On behalf of your fellow 60,000 members at our 42 airlines, I want to make sure you know that we do understand the very difficult history and pains of bankruptcy and mergers. I pledge to you that even in the face of this decertification effort, we will continue to work with every means at our disposal to win the contract you deserve.

In solidarity,

Captain John H. Prater
President

This guy is still so out of touch "the majority of USAir pilots want to work from within to solve problems and build a better ALPA" huh, then why did 80% to 90% vote to get APLA out of here?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.