We lost a Lt fluent in Arabic due to DADT

Nice selective editing puddy tat. What you forgot to mention...

However, the survey said that 48 percent of Army combat troops and 58 percent of Marines in combat units feared the change would affect their ability to fight. "The percentage distinctions between warfighting units and the entire military are almost non-existent when asked about the actual experience of serving in a unit with someone believed to be gay," the report found.

Twenty eight percent of the 400,000 surveys sent out responded. Of the 28%, a majority felt that lifting the ban would have no effect or be a positive by the military. I wonder if this will be good enough for McCain to get off his butt and do something or if he will dance away from this result as well. I hope Obama can carry through on his promise.Survey

Sure. What ever you say sparky.

To use your thought process....

So we are going to take the word of a union survey and an insurance company something or other with out verification or proof? Oki Doki.

and...

Yes I did and I stand by my previous post until out side verification is presented. I do not care enough abut the issue to look for the info and given that it involves a union politician and an insurance company the government (two entities which I have absolutely no trust in) I have serious doubts about the way in which their funds something or other were managed and the veracity of their claims.

• Banned
Nice selective editing puddy tat. What you forgot to mention...

I did not edit anything. The statement you posted was in your link, not mine.

This is from your link that you failed to post..
"In my view, the concerns of combat troops as expressed in the survey do not present an insurmountable barrier to a successful repeal of don't ask don't tell," Secretary of Defense Robert Gates said Tuesday. "However, these findings lead me to conclude that an abundance of care and preparation is required if we are to avoid a disruptive — and potentially dangerous — impact on the performance of those serving at the tip of the spear in America's wars."

And you want to accuse of of selective editing? :lol:

As for the survey, feel free to verify it till your hearts content. I merely posted it to show that a large portion of the armed forces are not opposed to removing DADT.

As I believe I have made clear on serveral occasions I could not care less what people think about DADT. As far as I am concerned it is a civil rights issue and there for not up for election. Allowing blacks and women into the military was not up for election and neither should this.

I did not edit anything. The statement you posted was in your link, not mine.

This is from your link that you failed to post..

And you want to accuse of of selective editing? :lol:

As for the survey, feel free to verify it till your hearts content. I merely posted it to show that a large portion of the armed forces are not opposed to removing DADT.

As I believe I have made clear on serveral occasions I could not care less what people think about DADT. As far as I am concerned it is a civil rights issue and there for not up for election. Allowing blacks and women into the military was not up for election and neither should this.

Sure. What ever you say sparky. :lol:

• Banned
You cannot even use the insult in the correct context. You were interpreting what I said with your own misguided notions. My previous post is merely my opinion. I guess when you have nothing to contribute.....

You cannot even use the insult in the correct context. You were interpreting what I said with your own misguided notions. My previous post is merely my opinion. I guess when you have nothing to contribute.....

Interpreting nothing. Your words are your own.

• Banned
The bill passed the Senate today. 65-31. One more step toward equality.

Now that gays can openly serve in the military, when can conservatives openly serve in Hollywood?

I can empathize w/ both sides of the DADT debate. But of all the issues facing this nation, it's like #4,728 on my list of concerns.

Remember when Clinton was attacked for adopting the DADT rule--& critics said he was "distracted" by gays in the military? Long time ago.

What's the "hyper dishonest logic"? DADT was compromise between Clinton admin and Dem Congress in '93.

• Banned
Country was not ready to abandon discrimination. DADT was a compromise setting.up the actions taken today. The pols were not ready to put their career on the line for gays.

I am currious how many of the Rs who voted for the bill were not re-elected.

Back