We lost a Lt fluent in Arabic due to DADT

Will working on my cartoon search skills help?

How about if I meditate on the relationship between birther philosphy and facts?

Or, would the regurgitation of something some one else wrote verbatim aid in the development of critical reasoning?

Please, enlightened one, show me the way to critical reasoning through cartoons, plagiarism, and Rush Limbaugh's website.

Another cut and paste expert.

Perhaps if you could get past labelling you could understand human issues.
Cut and paste expert? Gee thanks.

I guess it must have hit the mark.

Human issues? Like we're all the same....except some of us are more the same than others.

Understood....

Reactions: 1 person
Will working on my cartoon search skills help?

How about if I meditate on the relationship between birther philosphy and facts?

Or, would the regurgitation of something some one else wrote verbatim aid in the development of critical reasoning?

Please, enlightened one, show me the way to critical reasoning through cartoons, plagiarism, and Rush Limbaugh's website.
Liberal meltdown much?

Per your request:

democratic_crybaby_seal.jpg

Cut and paste expert? Gee thanks.

I guess it must have hit the mark.

Human issues? Like we're all the same....except some of us are more the same than others.

Understood....

You hit the mark of boredom.

I guess when you read the same analogy the tenth time, it loses its impact as original thought.

Of course we aren't all the same. But sameness isn't necessarilly better.

And if you want to paraphrase Orwell on equality at least give him credit.

Also please send any and all residual income, assets, etc to the gov as it is shameful and greedy to keep any to yourself that you have worked for.

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 622D
Hyattsville, MD 20782

So because I disagree with you I'm a homophobe? I don't have problem with the gay life style, I just don't want to know about it, or have to see it. Again, not for public knowledge, it's a private choice. Gays and lesbians are not classified as a minority group (I.E. special rights granted thereof) by the MAJORITY. Understand? This is glaring example of you as a militant homosexual (I assume your lesbian?) get little or no sympathy from many heterosexuals, as being "forced to accept" will never happen. Get the chip off your shoulder, it harms your cause. Nobody cares if your gay of lesbian, only you do.

No. I believe you are homophobic because you are indifferent to a segment of society that is not treated equally under the law, in fact you seem to think it is well deserved. If someone displays lewd behavior in violation of the law then they can be prosecuted. So I am unclear on exactly what it is that you do not want to see. Also, what is it exactly that you do not want to know about? Is it that you do not want to see two guys holding hands or kissing? How is that different than a man and woman kissing. Whether you like it or not they are all US citizens and and must all be treated equally under the law. Whether you 'accept' or not is not relevant. The 14th amendment clearly says that all citizens must be treated equally.

I have read the US Constitution, and I fail to see what specific civil rights you refer to that have been denied to gays. I'm sure you disagree.

I should hope not. The COTUS merely says that no rights can be deprived. The laws that prohibit gays from getting married are in violation of the COTUS.

Gays have the right to a civil union, because same sex marriage is not....well...a marriage. Even the most liberal president ever in office Obama agrees with this, as do a majority of the American voters who shot down the gay marriage movement. Sorry you don't like this, but majority rules, and that's the way it goes.

Only in a hand full of states. Even if all states allowed civil unions it is still not the same as marriage. Marriage is not solely a religious institution. I am agnostic and I am married to my wife. I view it as a legal contract that gives us specific legal rights. Medical, financial, and others. We were married by a JP, no religious institution was involved. So unless religion wants to take back the institution of marriage and civil unions take the place of marriage you have a problem.

Civil union is not marriage. Separate but equal is not equal. It was struck down by the COTUS. So either everyone gets married or everyone gets civil unioned. That is what the COTUS says.

As I recall, a majority of the US and the POTUS at one time were against the idea of civil rights for blacks and for women. Civil rights are not something that should be up for election. Either people are equal or they are not. No the majority does not rule. If you read the COTUS and the thoughts of the founders, the COTUS is there to protect the minorities from the tyranny of the majority. The civil rights act was implemented via popular election but by Congressional vote. The same way DADT was repealed.

Protest and complain all you like about "civil rights" violations, it doesn't apply. None have been committed. Also you can't compare gays to the Black race, very different in many ways. So your wasting your breath....and making it difficult for yourself and your cause.
civil rights

–plural noun(often initial capital letters)
rights to personal liberty established by the 13th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and certain Congressional acts, esp. as applied to an individual or a minority group.

Civil rights are not the private domain of race. By depriving gays of the right to marry they are being deprived of a civil right. The COTUS says that all citizens must be treated equally. By depriving them of the right to marry, the 14th is being violated.

The only comparison I made to blacks was in relation to your comment that gays should just sit back and be quiet. That will not happen. Any segment of society that is deprived of their equal rights will eventually rise up. History has shown that they will prevail.

I don't care what you think about heteros like myself, because I know most agree with me. DADT was enacted for a reason, and the reason still exists. We shall now see if the military is harmed with it's repeal and something else will be done in it's place. As former military, I think there will be problems. There was before.

It is very simple, quietly live your life, and accept what cannot be changed.

The military will not be harmed any more than wen they accepted blacks and women. If anything it will be stronger with the abilities that the gays will bring. Look at the Israeli military and tell me how weak they are. Given that the military is already stretched nearly to the breaking point I think it was incredibly foolish and short sighted to loose nearly 14,000 willing soldiers.

The law can and will be changed. I am sure you would love for people to just sit back and be quite but that will not happen. Women and blacks did not get equal rights by being quiet and neither will gays. You may as well accept it because it will change.

My Cut and Paste expertise:

If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a liberal is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about
shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh.
A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."

You forgot a few

If a conservative does not want an abortion, they will make sure no on can have one.

If a conservative wants to pray they will make sure everyone has to pray in stead of praying quietly.

If a conservative does not want to go to a public school, thy will make sure that no one can.

If a conservative does not believe in scientifically based evolution, they will force everyone to learn ID

If a conservative does not believe in sex ed, they will make sure no one can have it.

If a conservative cannot put their religious paraphernalia everywhere, they throw a temper tantrum instead of displaying it on their own private property.

I could go on but you get the point.

Reactions: 4 people
According to a friend of mine, the Pentagon has already sent out a 95 page report on rules changes for the military. One of the changes supposedly allows any soldier discharged solely because they were gay to reapply assuming they meet all the other requirements.

Right now they need all hands on deck. Hopefully quite a few will try and reapply.

Reactions: 3 people
According to a friend of mine, the Pentagon has already sent out a 95 page report on rules changes for the military. One of the changes supposedly allows any soldier discharged solely because they were gay to reapply assuming they meet all the other requirements.

Right now they need all hands on deck. Hopefully quite a few will try and reapply.

But that in effect is an admission of association.......who will shower ?

Training to start

Using lectures, videos and PowerPoint slides, the Pentagon plans to start training commanders, chaplains and troops next month for a new reality: a military that allows gays and lesbians to serve openly in uniform.
This Story

The training moves the armed forces closer to eliminating the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, officials said Friday.

Reactions: 4 people
Court won't hold DADT lawsuit.
The Log Cabin Republicans, the gay political group whose lawsuit challenging "don't ask, don't tell" persuaded District Court Judge Virginia Phillips in September to enjoin the military from enforcing the policy, had opposed the government's effort to put the case on hold.

"We said all along to the government we would drop our case if they would cease all discharges and remove all barriers to open service," Cooper said.

Latest posts