WET PAINT ON AMFA STRIKE POSTERS.

awausairtech

Veteran
Nov 15, 2005
NEVADA
Visit site
How can a union CALL its self a UNION when it does not stand for (UNION)?????

Just what I need in a union a bunch of scabs......
KEEP IT UP IAM AND MAKE ALL THE BS YOU WANT SOME OF US HAVE COMMON SENSE. ( To become aware of; perceive.
To grasp; understand.) :lol: :rolleyes: :up:

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?Content...2b-d0430fb1487a

Union Courts NWA Mechanics Who Replaced Striking AMFA Members Last Year
Wed, 19 Apr '06
IAM Says If You Can't Beat 'Em... Ask Them To Join YOUR Union
In just over eight months, replacement mechanics hired at Northwest Airlines to fill in for striking members of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association have gone from being oft-maligned pariahs, to themselves being courted by AMFA-rival International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers -- the current ground workers union at the airline.

The Detroit Free Press reports the union has circulated a petition among 275 mechanics who work at Detroit Metro Airport, requesting signatures in order to bring about an election to give those mechanics the chance to vote in the IAM as their union. The mechanics were brought in last August to replace striking members of AMFA.
"It's needed. There has to be some sort of security or protection, whether it's job security ... or wages or work rules," said Stephen Gordon, president of the union's Local 141. "The ripple effect will bring stability to other labor organizations on the Northwest property by having some sort of solidarity with one another."
That may not sit well with AMFA, who technically has the right to bargain for the workers, too. That's not something the union is likely to do, though, after having publicly insulting all replacement mechanics, as well as its own members who later crossed the picket line.
Nevertheless, AMFA does not plan to sit idly by as another union steps into the ongoing Northwest Airlines mechanics miasma, according to AMFA Local 5 president Dennis Sutton. He says the union remains actively involved in grievance proceedings for fired replacement workers, and wants to be involved in safety issues for Northwest mechanics.
Should IAM succeed in its bid to bring the currently union-less replacement mechanics under the union umbrella, it would return Northwest mechanics to the same union the airline's mechanics, as well as its plane cleaners, voted to leave eight years ago... for AMFA.

AMFA doesn't believe turnabout is fair play.
"We've always been quoted as being the raiding union," AMFA's Sutton said. "When a union's on strike, if you... do a card drive on them, that's wrong. That's raiding a union."
There is also the question of whether striking workers are eligible to vote in the election to oust AMFA -- a matter that current labor law remains unclear on, according to Neil Bernstein, a labor arbitrator and professor of law emeritus at Washington University.
As was reported in Aero-News last year, AMFA-represented mechanics at Northwest voted to strike the bankrupt carrier after reaching an impasse with management over Northwest's proposal to cut wages by more than 25 percent, as well as outsourcing some of the mechanic's work and laying off all unionized plane cleaners.
For its part, Northwest said through a spokesman that the company does not comment on union matters.

regardless of whether or not those low life filthy scabs join the IAM or not, the IAM has already approved iteself of one thing: it is a scabby union. Look at how they crossed the STRIKING AMFA line and performing struck work.

not really danny. if or hould i say, had the IAM not have had their grudges agaisnt AMFA and performed STRUCK work and in USAIR's case actually listened to their own membership, may the iam would have had some commonsense.

somebody had to do it.
Yes they did Danny but not the IAM. I am glad that they did and are doing it but that is struck work and it should have been up to us to do it. I don't think it would have made a big difference but it would have slowed us down a bit. Regardless it was a bad move for unionism itself. If this is not a wake-up call for every work group in the industry to ditch the IAM I don't know what is.

how would you been able to do it when you cant even fix a plane except just to tape it up or mel the problem? yopu aint got no clue about how unions work. But I do agree that the IAM is a SCABBY UNION You ought to join them because you are like them

Yes they did Danny but not the IAM. I am glad that they did and are doing it but that is struck work and it should have been up to us to do it. I don't think it would have made a big difference but it would have slowed us down a bit. Regardless it was a bad move for unionism itself. If this is not a wake-up call for every work group in the industry to ditch the IAM I don't know what is.

As a contract SCAB you have absolutely NOTHING to do with any decision at nwa. You just do the work the manager tells you to. Go and try to drive a tug at the gate and the IAM will have you drawn and quartered...thats their job now. Sign a IAM card...I've said it before, want to learn how to hate a union...join the IAM. you'll never convince some ramper to give a $20 per hour job to join another union. Even when their down to $12 they'll never leave the IAM. they already proved no backbone by walking across a LEGAL PICKET LINE. When you morons vote in the IAM to represent the hack mechanic group at nwa there will still be a strike by the AMFA to deal with. As long as I have my nwa ID i'm on strike with them...and they haven't offered me anything to get that card back yet...I'm still waiting.

As a contract SCAB you have absolutely NOTHING to do with any decision at nwa...
Only because I am a short-timer, otherwise I wouldn't put money on that. There is much debate going on now as to whether or not the "replacement workers" get to vote on AMFA union matters or union representation. Take this scenario for example. Since the cleaners jobs were replaced with a contract vendor they will not be allowed to vote. The AMFA members that went on strike and have since resigned also will not be able to vote. Now if it is determined that the Original Scabs are allowed to vote on union matters along with the AMFA Scabs then you guys are in trouble. Lets not forget the fact that the only way you AMFA Boys still out on strike can vote is if you are still in good standing with AMFA, in other words your dues have to be up to date. Add the fact that many of you have also moved on to other jobs and other states, which will make contacting many of these guys to vote a bit difficult. If this does happen and a vote is held to end the strike it will not be as one sided as you might think.

I just find that ironic as hell, Scabs voting in the same union whose picket line they crossed right along with the union members. What is wrong with this picture?

Only because I am a short-timer, otherwise I wouldn't put money on that. There is much debate going on now as to whether or not the "replacement workers" get to vote on AMFA union matters or union representation. Take this scenario for example. Since the cleaners jobs were replaced with a contract vendor they will not be allowed to vote. The AMFA members that went on strike and have since resigned also will not be able to vote. Now if it is determined that the Original Scabs are allowed to vote on union matters along with the AMFA Scabs then you guys are in trouble. Lets not forget the fact that the only way you AMFA Boys still out on strike can vote is if you are still in good standing with AMFA, in other words your dues have to be up to date. Add the fact that many of you have also moved on to other jobs and other states, which will make contacting many of these guys to vote a bit difficult. If this does happen and a vote is held to end the strike it will not be as one sided as you might think.

I just find that ironic as hell, Scabs voting in the same union whose picket line they crossed right along with the union members. What is wrong with this picture?
I find it ironic as hell that a POS scab like you is concerned about a debate that is as useless as you are about voting on a contract offer that was AMFA. What a moron. No NO NO you scabs DO NOT GET TO VOTE ON ANYTHING DUE TO THE ON GOING STRIKE. NWA WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO MUCH in the way of EXITING CH11 alone with the ON GOING STRIKE. And furthermore do not concern yourself with whether or not they are paying union dues.

.... Lets not forget the fact that the only way you AMFA Boys still out on strike can vote is if you are still in good standing with AMFA, in other words your dues have to be up to date. Add the fact that many of you have also moved on to other jobs and other states, which will make contacting many of these guys to vote a bit difficult....

For the record SCABBIE, I get AMFA letters all the time asking for nominations, votes and information. I can get to any of the AMFA reps via the web link. As an on-strike AMFA member my dues are forgiven during a strike. Once again you show that you know nothing about unions and their workings.

Latest posts

Back