What AMTs expect in 2015 contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard changes coming to the crew chief position in the JCBA, crew chiefs will run bigger jobs and help expedite mechanical problems at departure time, and supervision will handle administrative portion and assign the jobs.

Anybody else hear this RUMOR ?

bigjets said:
Heard changes coming to the crew chief position, crew chiefs will run bigger jobs and help expedite mechanical problems at departure time. I'm guessing AA wants the benefit of the crew chiefs experience used in a more efficient way and have the supervision assign the jobs.
What makes the company think crew chiefs have experience?

1AA said:
What makes the company think crew chiefs have experience?
Well I think the higher ups really don't know what goes on as they are Big picture type people. Probably why they don't realize how under resourced we actually are. I'm willing to bet when we take delays, by the time the higher ups here about a rash of delays, they're told it's the union members doing a work action.

Oh believe me we are taking plenty of delays. I sat in on a morning conference with my crew chief last month. System wide we are taking more delays than ever. It's either the new American management or miss-management or maybe my fellow AMTs finally figured out what In Accordance With means and how it works. Oh and just one more thing to add. To answer the topics question. Answer is? NOTHING for 2015.

I thought I responded here yesterday but for some reason it didn't happen.  Speaking of the new management, we have been instructed through our union rep. that we are not to use wooden chocks no matter what.  Even if no rubber chocks are available we are not to use wooden chocks.  The policy is to leave the plane unchocked and notify mgmt. that it is not chocked.  Can you believe this new "brilliant" policy?   

Prior to the bankruptcy didn't the Title 1 ( Mechanics ) have separate negotiations?

Everyone better look out for the "efficiencies" that will go along with this windfall of cash we may or may not receive.  Mr. Parker will make sure he has an efficient and lean operation when all is said and done.

Roadking5560 said:
Everyone better look out for the "efficiencies" that will go along with this windfall of cash we may or may not receive.  Mr. Parker will make sure he has an efficient and lean operation when all is said and done.
What do you want to do, not have a pay raise so OH can all have sat sun off and close on the holidays. This isn't the 50s where the rest of the world was still being rebuilt and USA unions had a lot of power. This is the 2000s and global economy, realize what position we are in before you make a stand on what you want.

200 2003 2008 2010 2012 should tell you that this isn't the 50s

I am hoping for better compensation just as you are, but you have to realize he isn't going to just hand it over.  There will be strings attached and there will be "efficiencies" in the workplace.  Our workplace life is slowly changing and as I have stated before not for the better.  

The way I see it is changes have been going on since the BK. More changes coming regardless of how much money we will make. Delta plus 7 seems to be a slogan coming from Parker because nothing has happened yet and we are all expecting a big pay raise that has not even come close to happening. Nobody is proposing anything at negotiations. Both sides have a contract. We have labor peace as far as the company is concerned. A JCBA would be nice but what is the hurry? Perhaps we should look at UAL. Maintenance and related, 5 plus years in JCBA talks, flight attendants 2 plus years in JCBA talks. UAL still flying and making money. Now that Delta announced increased pay compensation don't you think they (UAL) are looking for the same? That will continue the talks over there and we are still at the starting gate looking for the guy with the starters pistol. It would be nice if we can get the association to hold Parker to his Delta plus 7 with new pay rates at Delta. Now the game has changed. The company needs to rethink the financial obligation if they really want to give us Delta plus 7 and what they want back in compensation. Don't get lost in the hype. Nobody had exchanged proposals and nobody is talking on both sides yet. I hope the association will hold Parker to his word but at what cost to the membership? Vote Yes to save jobs? We crossed that road before and it's time to find a new road to progress. No reason for concessions this time around.

Roadking5560 said:
So you want less money with out dated labour friendly rules that are not currently in our contract? I would rather make a lot more money and an efficient airline, rather then a system where we have 100% OH and OH having sat sun off and shutting down for the holidays. If that is what you want back, well I for one do not want to sacrifice for that any longer.

Outsourcing is an unfortunate by product of globalization that neither political party is willing or able to stop.

Well I guess your vote is f#$k OH and "get rid of all those outdated labor rules"  It's nice you have such a well thought out plan.

Roadking5560 said:
Well I guess your vote is f#$k OH and "get rid of all those outdated labor rules"  It's nice you have such a well thought out plan.
Not f*** OH, but not to give up anything to protect Overhaul AGAIN!!!!!!

AFW and MCI both closed after concessions to save jobs, I guess that doesn't matter to Tulsa. What outdated labour rules have we not ALREADY givin up?

Besides Isom said in a townhall meeting that he wants 100% line and 50% OH scope clause, the same that USAIR already has, seems almost like a lock for that to be in contract

. A lot of former OH guys at line bases now that realize the error of their ways. Great mechanics that use to be OH and are now buying houses in line stations cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back