What AMTs expect in 2015 contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
We all have feelings about TWU and the association and it has been well covered time to let them know what we expect in a contract.

I expect to have a better then industry standard off the basics, 

double time
full sick pay and 10 days
13% 401k contribution
shift diff to a percentage instead of .51 cents for afternoons
I'm thinking a 17% base pay raise. 
Holidays 10, at double time at least. 
ETC......

DO NOT expect to sacrifice to save OH, that hasn't worked for MCI, AFW, or half of TUL. How many times can we expect to fall for that.

Please lets stay away from the TWU sucks talk, thats been covered no reason to be redundant.

Question:
What does DAL and UAL get for shift diff?

Reactions: 2 people
I like all of your proposals,
I would add 10 hour shifts for nights. (midnights) If days and swings want to keep 5 8's for swapping so let it be.
Allow more off at a time. For vacation, DATS and comp days.
5 year top out.
Just a few things that would make me happy.

Don't take this the wrong way guys, but do we really need another thread on what the AMT's want, expect, lost etc...really?

Reactions: 8 people
bigjets said:
We all have feelings about TWU and the association and it has been well covered time to let them know what we expect in a contract.

I expect to have a better then industry standard off the basics, 

double time
full sick pay and 10 days
13% 401k contribution
shift diff to a percentage instead of .51 cents for afternoons
I'm thinking a 17% base pay raise. 
Holidays 10, at double time at least. 
ETC......

DO NOT expect to sacrifice to save OH, that hasn't worked for MCI, AFW, or half of TUL. How many times can we expect to fall for that.

Please lets stay away from the TWU sucks talk, thats been covered no reason to be redundant.

Question:
What does DAL and UAL get for shift diff?

Word is, the company offer is done and waiting. In a nutshell, pay is Delta plus 7%.  Then, all the stuff we lost in 2003 - restored.  Downside - as expected - a headcount reduction, and some work rule changes. 

Reactions: 3 people
Vortilon said:

Word is, the company offer is done and waiting. In a nutshell, pay is Delta plus 7%.  Then, all the stuff we lost in 2003 - restored.  Downside - as expected - a headcount reduction, and some work rule changes. 
Exactly what happened in 2003, and what did you lose?

Thanks for helping a fellow coworker in the dark.

Vortilon said:

Just as we all thought, he it comes, pay for the remaining and the lower ranks will have to be laid off and or fired.  WOW! Typical TWU/IAM.  Let's save the jobs guys come on...

Vortilon said:
The association in a lose lose position. We already have low opinion of it, but if we get the 7 above Delta, well that's what the company GAVE us, the association didn't do anything but delay us from a pay raise for a year. And if we get less then the 7 the membership will be irate. Now if they get a great contract that's even better then 7% above and in SWA range, well then the association is the best thing ever. Probably the first scenario, can't imagine getting less then what Doug said, and I can't imagine the association getting a better deal then the APFA or APA.

I want to get something clear. Is the Delta Plus 7% just for the mechanics or everyone represented by the Association?

Real tired said:
Exactly what happened in 2003, and what did you lose?

Thanks for helping a fellow coworker in the dark.
Threat of Bankruptcy by the company. Bankruptcy contract accepted by the TWU with loss of everything except pension, retiree med and maintenance scope. Discovered after a yes vote the Execs had set up a little bankruptcy proof pension plan for themselves, Carty ousted and Arpey took over.

Vortilon said:
If true which is hard to believe with the twu I bet the iam pension is in there in the small print behind the money. Money is good for day to day but our future is doomed if the iam pension is in the works.

Buck said:
I want to get something clear. Is the Delta Plus 7% just for the mechanics or everyone represented by the Association?
everyone why?

cltrat said:
everyone why?
Does Delta have machinist, welders, Platers, OSMs, part washers and a/c cleaners? If so are they all under M&R?
I'm thinking the Delta + 7% is based off of the Delta A&P mechanic line scale and nothing else. I don't see the TWU/IAM raising the "& related" group up the same %. Our current TWU contract doesn't have everyone in title 1 going up the same. If the mechanics receive $1 raise in September ..the OSMs get $.75, cleaners $.50. These aren't exact #s but close enough.

The raise is across the board under the IAM CBA.

The parity review is done per each classification so since Mechanics make more their raise will be more than other classifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.