what we should really give ourselves for xmas

You hit the nail on the head barbeetantrums!
Along with most employees
Every day I do the best job I can. Not just at Christmas. No patronizing lectures, thank you.

Maybe if drifterreno operated like that they wouldnt have such "a bad taste left in our mouths when it is over" as you previously stated.

I believe we should be good to ourselves for xmas and

I do my job to the best of my ability every day I'm on the job. I do my job quite well I might add. That's all DP deserves. Nothing special or "above and beyond". The best of holidays to all. :)

Some of you may have understood this post but others don't get it at all. I do my best every day and am proud of it. I don't need anyone writing letters or giving me a pat on the head but I sure will feel better over the holidays if I don't go home with a headache and dead tired because I had to fix things that should never have happened. I just want us all to do our best. Maybe by starting now during the holiday season we can continue throughout the year and really make OUR airline shine. We can be the glimmer of hope for other airline employees who are going through what we already went through with office closings, layoffs, and cut wages. I just wish each and every one of you a very happy holiday season and hope you don't go home grumpy because you had a bad day at work. Personally this will be a very sad holiday season for me and I will be bending over backward to make others a happy one. I've lost 2 very important people to me within the last 6 months and will enjoy making someone else's holiday special.
Just do one thing extra for that older gentleman who can't seem to find his way, or the unaccompanied minor who has to split his or her holiday between parents split up. Give every passanger a smile and a plesant voice and they will remember you in the future.
My prayers and thoughts are with all of you--remember I've been on both sides of the airline--East and West.
God Speed on your travels. I can't make it to my home for the holiday and will be all alone. No, don't feel sorry for me--I'll be okay--just remember someone you touch this season might need a friendly smile to make their day special.

Back