what are we asking for?

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
after the super secret meetings between the twu and the iam what are we asking for?

or are we to stupid to be told this information?

is it the Don V's  "share gain" that we never realized?

or the Jim lIttle we dont need profit sharing just give a chump 4.3% raise?

or will the just impose the contract, like jim little signed this agreement we are stuck with?

will this be a without further ratification contract?  like we were going to vote on the association.

what happens to the guys in Boston? are they now iam and get the holidays, vacation and all the benefits of the usair

contract? and why? i would rather have the iam contract instead or our bankrupt contract of the twu! lets go to the iam in

dfw. hell ill take their holidays, holiday pay, dat days over time pay.

so what are we asking for? tell us the plan! it only helps the negotiations if everyone on the floor knows what we are asking

for. STOP THE SECRET DEALS.ITS NOT LIKE THE COMPANY IS NOT GOING TO KNOW WHAT WE WANT. TELL 

US WHAT THE COMPANY WANTS ITS NOT LIKE WE CANT GET ANY MORE PISSED OFF.

Reactions: 2 people
Allegedly Larry Pike will have a PowerPoint presentation outlining our position at tomorrow's meeting 5-21-15. At least this is what he told us at last months meeting. I'm not counting on it but we will see.

dfw gen said:
after the super secret meetings between the twu and the iam what are we asking for?

or are we to stupid to be told this information?

is it the Don V's  "share gain" that we never realized?

or the Jim lIttle we dont need profit sharing just give a chump 4.3% raise?

or will the just impose the contract, like jim little signed this agreement we are stuck with?

will this be a without further ratification contract?  like we were going to vote on the association.

what happens to the guys in Boston? are they now iam and get the holidays, vacation and all the benefits of the usair

contract? and why? i would rather have the iam contract instead or our bankrupt contract of the twu! lets go to the iam in

dfw. hell ill take their holidays, holiday pay, dat days over time pay.

so what are we asking for? tell us the plan! it only helps the negotiations if everyone on the floor knows what we are asking

for. STOP THE SECRET DEALS.ITS NOT LIKE THE COMPANY IS NOT GOING TO KNOW WHAT WE WANT. TELL 

US WHAT THE COMPANY WANTS ITS NOT LIKE WE CANT GET ANY MORE PISSED OFF.
Your expecting transparency? Wrong union. It's a wait and see game. I'm still waiting for an answer to question number 5 on the Q&A sheet about the association.

Reactions: 1 person
dvlhog212 said:
Allegedly Larry Pike will have a PowerPoint presentation outlining our position at tomorrow's meeting 5-21-15. At least this is what he told us at last months meeting. I'm not counting on it but we will see.
plz post some of the info if it actually happens.

hopefully people are getting pissed off and start to look for a change. dont know about you but i am REAL CONCERNED about the pension....

Reactions: 3 people
1AA said:
Your expecting transparency? Wrong union. It's a wait and see game. I'm still waiting for an answer to question number 5 on the Q&A sheet about the association.
Oh oh. I know, I know. It was a deception to once again block the AMFA from getting in.

Curses, foiled again. Damn you TWU. And you too IAM with your slinking in the shadows. We got both your numbers you.

WeAAsles said:
Oh oh. I know, I know. It was a deception to once again block the AMFA from getting in.
Curses, foiled again. Damn you TWU. And you too IAM with your slinking in the shadows. We got both your numbers you.
So you think it's not a valid question? If your not concerned over it then one word comes to mind. SHEEP.

dfw gen said:
plz post some of the info if it actually happens.

hopefully people are getting pissed off and start to look for a change. dont know about you but i am REAL CONCERNED about the pension....
That should be a presentation for M&E folks. You should be concerned about fleet.

1AA said:
So you think it's not a valid question? If your not concerned over it then one word comes to mind. SHEEP.
Did you know that JFK was assassinated in 1964 because he had found out that the TWU was conspiring to keep AMFA out that year and was putting up pressure to stop them?

Look for the book to hit stores and online retail outfits next March. It's going to be a major scandal.

WeAAsles said:
Did you know that JFK was assassinated in 1964 because he had found out that the TWU was conspiring to keep AMFA out that year and was putting up pressure to stop them?

Look for the book to hit stores and online retail outfits next March. It's going to be a major scandal.
How are you celebrating WeAAsles? Are you waiting for the next town hall meeting to "really give it to them" with the tough questions?
The TWU already proved themselves when they put dead, retired and former mechanics-turned supervisors when we finally did get an AMFA vote.. I guess in your eyes they can do no wrong.
Let's see the tune you sing when they ask for MORE concessions from ALL of us in return for that raise you are frothing at the mouth for.

MetalMover said:
How are you celebrating WeAAsles? Are you waiting for the next town hall meeting to "really give it to them" with the tough questions?
The TWU already proved themselves when they put dead, retired and former mechanics-turned supervisors when we finally did get an AMFA vote.. I guess in your eyes they can do no wrong.
Let's see the tune you sing when they ask for MORE concessions from ALL of us in return for that raise you are frothing at the mouth for.
The TWU even had Marilyn Monroe, James Dean and Elvis on that ballot. Smart move but they should have added Gahndi as well.

WeAAsles said:
The TWU even had Marilyn Monroe, James Dean and Elvis on that ballot. Smart move but they should have added Gahndi as well.
Not one of your better sarcasms...We get it...you worship the TWU...we get it...they can do no wrong where fleet service is concerned....we get it....

MetalMover said:
Not one of your better sarcasms...We get it...you worship the TWU...we get it...they can do no wrong where fleet service is concerned....we get it....
Yes. I've even built a shrine for them made out of sea shells near the beach I live by because of all of those contracts they negotiated for me over the last 69 years.

We're you trying to get rid of them even back then? Who was your choice prior to the formation of AMFA?

WeAAsles said:
Yes. I've even built a shrine for them made out of sea shells near the beach I live by because of all of those contracts they negotiated for me over the last 69 years.

We're you trying to get rid of them even back then? Who was your choice prior to the formation of AMFA?
I would take the garment workers union over the TWU now.....

Make that the ladies' garment worker's union.. they have more balls than the TWU.

I have heard one mechanic speculate that there will be two different contracts. One for the TWU and one for the IAM.

That being said, maybe we at the Old American under the TWU can get some more holidays?

The other side would be for those at the Old USAir under the IAM to lose some of their holidays?

Why did the IAM contract for the mechanics end up with license premium at $4.50 compared to $5.00 at American?

Oh PLEASE SAVE JOBS!! We don't need any pay raise or more holidays or better 401K match or better sick leave or injury on duty. Oh PLEASE SAVE JOBS!! In fact what can we give back to save more JOBS?
Sincerely (hahaha)
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maint.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts