White Male Club

• Banned
I forgot to mention that I find it unconscionable that military personal have to be on welfare and food stamps when they are putting their lives on the line in defense of their country.

Ms Tree said:
I think it is quite telling that you place the blame of the assaults and discrimination on the victims .....

Where did I in ANY way, shape or form even begin to suggest that!? I think such nonsense is far more telling of the fact that you clearly managed to completely the miss the point in any part of my post. You evidently wish the military to become some sort of sick little social experiment, versus playing it's proper role as a producer of violent and deadly force.

Live inside Fantasyland as it suits you to do.

Ms Tree said:
I forgot to mention that I find it unconscionable that military personal have to be on welfare and food stamps when they are putting their lives on the line in defense of their country.

Somehow....I just can't pretend to be the least bit surprised by that ommission. After all; the "important" priorities here should naturally be everything that in no way, shape or form actually enhances military effectiveness and capability.

Ms Tree said:
By the way, you are aware that the military is commanded by civilians not the military right?  The COTUS is quite clear about that.  

The "funny" thing about that, is the fact that I can't recall so much as one of those august civilians ever being anywhere within any theater of conflict I ever saw, much less directly "commanding" much of anything that was taking place. Bush Sr. was pushing for an early start. Colin Powell was playing politician and leaning on General Schwarzkopf, who in turn, adamantly requested the people and materiel he felt needed first, and pushed back. Had it been left to the politicians to directly "command"; it's my best guess that thousands, not hundreds of Americans would have been killed.

From General Schwarzkopf: “Do what is right, not what you think the high headquarters wants or what you think will make you look good.” “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.” “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in battle.”

I'll properly repeat: Live inside Fantasyland if and as it suits you to do.

• Banned
EastUS1 said:

Where did I in ANY way, shape or form even begin to suggest that!? I think such nonsense is far more telling of the fact that you clearly managed to completely the miss the point in any part of my post. You evidently wish the military to become some sort of sick little social experiment, versus playing it's proper role as a producer of violent and deadly force.

Live inside Fantasyland as it suits you to do.

EastUS1 said:
Return to a traditionally male military that doesn't represent some spiritually sick society that's just perfectly fine with feeding even it's own young women into combat meat grinders.

• Banned
EastUS1 said:

The "funny" thing about that, is the fact that I can't recall so much as one of those august civilians ever being anywhere within any theater of conflict I ever saw, much less directly "commanding" much of anything that was taking place. Bush Sr. was pushing for an early start. Colin Powell was playing politician and leaning on General Schwarzkopf, who in turn, adamantly requested the people and materiel he felt needed first, and pushed back. Had it been left to the politicians to directly "command"; it's my best guess that thousands, not hundreds of Americans would have been killed.

From General Schwarzkopf: “Do what is right, not what you think the high headquarters wants or what you think will make you look good.” “It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.” “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in battle.”

I'll properly repeat: Live inside Fantasyland if and as it suits you to do.
Feel free to push for an amendment getting rid of civilian control if you think it's a good idea.

Ms Tree said:
EastUS1, on 02 Nov 2013 - 4:24 PM, said:

Return to a traditionally male military that doesn't represent some spiritually sick society that's just perfectly fine with feeding even it's own young women into combat meat grinders.

Well...ya' got me there! Not wishing to have our young people of either gender, much less young women, blown into bloody fragments, certainly offers the thought that no one, especially young ladies, should ever be protected! My bad. What WAS I thinking?

• Banned
EastUS1 said:

Somehow....I just can't pretend to be the least bit surprised by that ommission. After all; the "important" priorities here should naturally be everything that in no way, shape or form actually enhances military effectiveness and capability.
Believe what you want.  I have said this else where on here in the past.  And no I do not keep track of my posts any more than you do.

"By the way, you are aware that the military is commanded by civilians not the military right?  The COTUS is quite clear about that.  "

With that said, why didn't you stop Bush from going into Iraq?

• Banned
EastUS1 said:

Well...ya' got me there! Not wishing to have our young people of either gender, much less young women, blown into bloody fragments, certainly offers the thought that no one, especially young ladies, should ever be protected! My bad. What WAS I thinking?
People in this century feel that woman, minorities, gays ...  have the right to be treated as equals and deserve the right to fight for their country.  Who are you to say they cannot?

• Banned
I vot

Deepthroat said:

With that said, why didn't you stop Bush from going into Iraq?
I voted against him twice.  I was in the minority. 

Ms Tree said:
I vot

I voted against him twice.  I was in the minority. 

You claimed civilians run the military.......you mentioned nothing to being in the minority.
Besides, if what you is true, it wouldn't matter which party was in control if civilians ran the military.

• Banned
Deepthroat said:

You claimed civilians run the military.......you mentioned nothing to being in the minority.
Besides, if what you is true, it wouldn't matter which party was in control if civilians ran the military.
Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution states that Congress shall have the power "to raise and support Armies …" and "to provide and maintain a Navy." In addition, Congress must provide for the state militias when they are called to federal service.
Article II, Section 2 states, "The President shall be the Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States when called into the actual Service of the United States."

Ms Tree said:
The white males in England led other white male out of bondage, not so much for the rest of the folks.
Go spread your white guilt elsewhere. Won't find any here !

eolesen said:
I suspect you'll find the statistics lower, mainly because there's less tolerance in general for activity which starts to affect morale, and also because the military tends to have a higher emphasis on following rules & orders...

My son is trained to kill enemies of the United States, foreign and domestic.  That's his job.

It's Congress and the Executive Branch's job to make sure he has the right tools to do his job, and that the reasons for using his services are sound.  

Worrying about things like women on aircraft carriers, DADT, and their hats & patches?  That's all fluff, and what keeps the military voting Republican...

"And what keeps the Military voting Republican".............and the MAJORITY of Americans electing DEMOCRATS to control the Senate and '1600 !

Semper Fi .

Back