Why 23% Cwa...19.5% For Pilots ...

Res

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
How can this be fair different percentages for each work group? How does US arrive at these numbers? Do those setting the percentages realize most employees some mgmt, and all VPS excluded, work nights, weekends rotating schedules and every holiday....unless you have 20 yrs or more ..and most have moved more than once to keep employment. Sometimes I just get so disgusted....sending out more resumes as I type.

All I hear, all night, every night, is how crappy the website is.

We have hundreds of calls on hold and the average holdtime for non prefferred callers is very high....how can they afford to make RES less efficient? That's all these paycuts will do. If they pay me 10 bucks an hour, they will only get 10 bucks worth of effort.....

I understand why you feel the way you do but to be brutally honest this is exactly why UAIR will not make it. The attitudes, be it caused by managements actions/inactions or employees disgust or a combination of a million things in play at the company this is the reason it's not going to turn around.
I've been on your side and dealt with what you do but no matter what keep your dignity and don't bow to the same tactics that managment has over the years. I wish you all the luck.

The percentage pay cut for every union is the same -- 23%. From opening proposals CWA represented employees have improved their concession from about $13 to $15.40 per hour, which was expected.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

MrAeroMan said:
I understand why you feel the way you do but to be brutally honest this is exactly why UAIR will not make it. The attitudes, be it caused by managements actions/inactions or employees disgust or a combination of a million things in play at the company this is the reason it's not going to turn around.

Yes, but the basic underlying problem is that respect, loyalty, and trust have to go both ways. Pay cuts of 30-40% or more (over a long series of concessions) in a work environment that by many accounts is filled with threats and intimidation will not motivate employees to do their best work or even stay, period. I suppose that part of the point is to get senior people to leave, but it takes a while for junior, low-paid workers to reach the same level of efficiency as senior staffers.

Res said:
How can this be fair different percentages for each work group? How does US arrive at these numbers? Do those setting the percentages realize most employees some mgmt, and all VPS excluded, work nights, weekends rotating schedules and every holiday....unless you have 20 yrs or more ..and most have moved more than once to keep employment. Sometimes I just get so disgusted....sending out more resumes as I type.
[post="183583"][/post]​
[ Don't forget the pilots took more than 34% a year and a half ago along with losing most of their pension>

luvthe9 said:
[ Don't forget the pilots took more than 34% a year and a half ago along with losing most of their pension>
[post="183696"][/post]​
And don't forget that the then non-unionized employees had their pension frozen in 93....and received no raises or cost of living increases til 99.

And don't forget, for Reserve F./A's we took a 38% pay cut since 9/11 and another 23% cut would make it .....do the adding......51%!!!!!!!!!!!!

At Winston Reservations, the management there has even stooped to leaving a copy of a New York Post article entitled "Airline Veterans Recall Earlier Closings" from Sept 20 in every agent's mailslot. Basically says that half a loaf of bread is better than no bread at all. Talk about intimidation.

ktflyhome said:
And don't forget, for Reserve F./A's we took a 38% pay cut since 9/11 and another 23% cut would make it .....do the adding......51%!!!!!!!!!!!!

whoops...my bad....61%!!!!!!!!
[post="183765"][/post]​

You were closer the first time; a pay cut of 38% and then another 23% of what is left equals a total pay cut of 52.26%, not 61%. An extremely harsh sacrifice, to be sure, but no need to overstate it.

Think of it this way: If you had to take 4 successive 25% pay cuts, would that equal a 100% cut? Nope, since that would mean you would make zero. The cumulative pay cut would be 68.36%, not 100%.

Don't forget about the mechanics who got knocked back to Utility who lost like $13 an hour. For a total of over $27,000 a year in paycuts.

I can see in my crystal ball-------this time or earlier next year, the greedy BA$Tards will return like Halloween looking for more Treats!

Previous we had lost almost $3.00 an hour.....prior to last BK filing, health care costs have skyrocketed. All while management had recd raises or had givebacks reinstated...somethings just don't make sense...we had management cuts...briefly then most had other positions created or opened up for them to keep mgmt status...we have more managers now in res than prior to first BK filing.

Heard PIT Res just hired two more supervisers! The ones on board now are a waste so, they decide to waste more $$$ on two more!

Latest posts

Back