Why are the pilots worthy of a union representation?

I don't recall reading that the govt. gave any airline an infusion of money as a bailout.
I was under the impression the "Airline Stabilization Act" passed by Congress provided payments totaling near 5 billion to airlines.. because of airports being closed and of course because of the decrease of passengers flying. I believe the words used in the act was "compensation" ..so it appears it may have not really been technically a "bail out", even though it probably was....if I am recalling correctly there were also 10 billion in loan guarantees?

"24 month Furlough Protection - No pilot can be furloughed"

The small print on that says "for 24 months no pilot can be furloughed - due to the merger". Says nothing about "due to the economy" and is virtually worthless as is all negotiated furlough protection.

I was under the impression the "Airline Stabilization Act" ...

I think it's probably just semantics, and one could make a case either way. Was it reimbursement for loses incurred due to the entire system being shut down after 911, or was it a bailout since the money was divided up by relative size of each carrier (ASM's pre-911 as a percentage of total ASM's pre-911).

Jim

Was it reimbursement for loses incurred due to the entire system being shut down after 911, or was it a bailout since the money was divided up by relative size

Jim
I would imagine the purpose would be simply to preserve the continued viability of the air transportation system.

Ok, I didn't mean to get this thread off subject but I think we agree it wasn't a bailout. I also think this isn't a thread for a cat fight. BTW isn't it odd the thread starter hasn't been back to discuss? I think we have a joker in the midst.

"Kind of like..."

"Hope..."

Lord, this is rubbish! This is the best that you can do? Didn't we get bailout money from "Big Brother" from 9-11? Did the pilot job bank disappear then?

You're not clueless. You're simply holding on to values that do not represent the average American worker. Those days are numbered.

Err.................Nope ! We did not get "BAIL-OUT" money ! Check a couple of the post's above !

BTW, I "HOPE" you get your s_it together soon , 'cause it's "KIND OF LIKE" , you don't know what your talking about ! :down:

Latest posts

Back