Why we need good written Languge

AA-MRO.COM said:
THEY HATE YOU
once you accept that fact its so much easier to take the abuse

Wow! Why are you still around if you talk like an abuse housewife. Get out and work somewhere else. You can't be around , you might infect us.

eolesen said:
Not necessarily.

Anything negotiated in 2010 should have had a side letter on surviveability of a contract in S.1113.

That's something other unions and airlines have successfully done, and presence of such an agreement would have tipped the scales a lot farther in your favor had the company still pursued abrogation.

We'll probably have a front row seat to watching this happen now that Republic has filed for bankruptcy -- the IBT just agreed to a new contract in Oct 2015 that was intended to stave off a Ch.11 filing, but that wasn't enough to prevent it.

Time will tell if the company honors that agreement or not. My guess is yes, assuming the current management stays in place.

(Republic bankruptcy being discussed here --> http://www.airlineforums.com/topic/59637-republic-files-ch11/)
We actually had a "Bankruptcy Protection Agreement" that protected our post 2003 restructuring agreements and stock options. Along with other documents that protected our options in the event of a BK filing.   Sharon Levine lead council for TWU was given a copy of the Protection Agreement and other material in Dec of 2011, less than a month after the BK filing.  She scoffed at the documents claiming that you're in BK and NOTHING survives a BK. The TWU NEVER legitimately defended its members in BK court and never let this agreement surface during BK proceedings. Jim Little got the best deal for Jim Little and threw the members under the bus. The twu constitution allows this just like it gives the twu the right to give away its memberships profit sharing without a vote or discussion. Wonder what Jim Little got for himself with the profit sharing release?  

Reactions: 2 people
WeAAsles said:
Sharon Levine even said there's no such thing as a pre bankruptcy agreement. All bets are off.

IIRC,

There isn't a survivability clause for us minions.
During BK at UA, I stood at the SFO Engine shop and listened to Glenn Tilton tell us our contract will be changed under the BK process.
When asked 'how about your contract?" His will not effected as his contract is BK proof.
He knew that there was an extreme possibility of BK before he took the position and had a BK proof agreement with 'The Company'.

We minions can not do that.

Sucks Doesn't it?

B) xUT

The twu's version of good language based on my past contracts is TBD under many articles just to get a T/A passed. Then the side letters are negotiated between the company and the International without a members approval. When questioned about side letters regarding certain articles the response was you voted for the contract so we accept whatever the International agrees too with the company.

Reactions: 3 people
This company and this union are two in the same they will only understand one thing. Any one with half a brain should know what that is. They hate you face it. Gary just put out a letter on the 591 website which states exactly that in not so many more words. If I could carry my seniority to another carrier like Delta Id be gone tomorrow. But this industry is set up so that the only people who win are the greedy corporations and the greedy unions that represent us. Its a shame we cant tell the company to take this job and shove and go work for a carrier that treats you better and you take your seniority with you. If this was the case there would be one airline with a group of mechanics far superior to any other. I better stop dreaming.....

Go read the letter
www.local591.com

Reactions: 5 people
AA-MRO.COM said:
This company and this union are two in the same they will only understand one thing. Any one with half a brain should know what that is. They hate you face it. Gary just put out a letter on the 591 website which states exactly that in not so many more words. If I could carry my seniority to another carrier like Delta Id be gone tomorrow. But this industry is set up so that the only people who win are the greedy corporations and the greedy unions that represent us. Its a shame we cant tell the company to take this job and shove and go work for a carrier that treats you better and you take your seniority with you. If this was the case there would be one airline with a group of mechanics far superior to any other. I better stop dreaming.....

Go read the letter
www.local591.com

tell me a carrier that treats you better, Republic Airways?

Industry-wide seniority is a pipe dream that the AMFA guys keep pushing, but never quite delivered on. Heck, not even the railroads or the iron workers have "company" or universal seniority -- it doesn't extend past your local in many cases.

The reality is that no employer would ever apply an industry seniority scheme to the extent some might want it to be. There's no way they'd give a new-hire the same vacation or time-accrued benefits they'd give a 10 or 20 year employee. Certainly not for travel.

Maybe the union would allow it for bidding or job security purposes, but that's about it.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
Industry-wide seniority is a pipe dream that the AMFA guys keep pushing, but never quite delivered on. Heck, not even the railroads or the iron workers have "company" or universal seniority -- it doesn't extend past your local in many cases.

The reality is that no employer would ever apply an industry seniority scheme to the extent some might want it to be. There's no way they'd give a new-hire the same vacation or time-accrued benefits they'd give a 10 or 20 year employee. Certainly not for travel.

Maybe the union would allow it for bidding or job security purposes, but that's about it.
eolesen, your talking like a Communist 

Reactions: 2 people
eolesen said:

Thats fine occupational time only gets you days off and shift. Like I said if I can go work for Delta get my 24 years occupational time and bid shift and days off the vacation is the only sacrifice. I go to work for a pay check, there is no more pension or retiree medical, if another carrier wants my talent for more money I'm gone...

Reactions: 3 people
AA-MRO.COM said:

Thats fine occupational time only gets you days off and shift. Like I said if I can go work for Delta get my 24 years occupational time and bid shift and days off the vacation is the only sacrifice. I go to work for a pay check, there is no more pension or retiree medical, if another carrier wants my talent for more money I'm gone...
Sadly our unions have allowed the airline AMT profession to be migrant workers.  We all went to work in the airlines for the retirement and other benefits.  Now that we are close to retirement they pulled rug out from under us.  The benefits are gone too.  There is a special place in Hell for the executives who pushed this stuff and also the union officials that helped them.  Yeah Jim Little I mean you!

Reactions: 6 people