WN Mechanics seek mediation

I'm glad you two speak each others language. I can't make heads or tails out of it. Gopher holes and chaos. I still say it was those damn federal lawsuits the whole time.
No it is a union dragging its feet, and you in denial about it. But you are losing money each day same as me, except I lose more.

Are these field tech positions the ones that existed at Air Tran at the time they were acquired? The ones only in Atlanta and Orlando?
Yes sir, they are the ones from A/T.

You need to quit trying to sound smart. You are just showing your ass. I have a year of your posts to review that tell me you're not, but you would like everyone to believe you are. Go figure still thinks the federal lawsuits are holding things up and you are his clown buddy who just wants your money now.
Just as I thought as well crow. We too have heard these same statements that these next med. meetings are to finalize the AIP into a T/A. Not to go back to the table to do full blown continuation of negotiations. We have also been told by both sides that the mediator will be used to settle these final last issues at hand and still open. The main one left is the tech positions, and still might be the $$$ bonus and retro distribution but not positive on that.

These tech positions, is this related to our Field Tech Sup's and language on what they can or can't do as far as hands on? Or is this related to those, what 4 guys in Atl that are doing a Field Tech Sup's work but paying union dues?

These tech positions, is this related to our Field Tech Sup's and language on what they can or can't do as far as hands on? Or is this related to those, what 4 guys in Atl that are doing a Field Tech Sup's work but paying union dues?
It's related to what they can and cannot do as far as hands on.

I don't see meeting with the mediator as a bad thing. It might be what is needed for both sides to move into an agreement on the final issues.

Me either crow. And I agree with your guess that it's probably what we need to move into a T/A over the final issues.
They say that if we did not have an agreement (T/A) by the end of this week that we will visit with the mediator next week, however, we do have the weekend as well as 2 days next week prior to the dates set with the mediator(s). So maybe, just maybe they might get it done without her and them, but we will see. I do not expect it to get done as everytime we are constantly moving backwards after being told, hey we almost there guys. I have given up on that crap.

Yes. As far as hands on. Union does not want the FT to wrench on the aircraft and the union wants the co to call on a mechanic to wrench for them. And BTW, it's about 4 lousy positions. Now I ask you. Rather your supporting union or co. why in the fk would you hold up a contract vote over 4 lousy positions? On this issue, I am steamed at both sides for not getting this done over 4 lousy positions. Pathetic...

I know we've all been waiting, for a long time, to get a contract and now to get this AIP into a T/A to look at. While we wait, I mentioned a couple months back it was coming, and sure enough here it begins. The lawsuits and litigation...

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago...quiries-into-safety.html?ana=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago...-airlines-mechanics-worried-about-safety.html
If this doesn't wake people up to fact that this law firm and this Union doesn't give a crap if you get a contract or not is sadly mistaken. It's unfortunate that a blade failure did this. We have more paperwork every time we turn around. We need to get it done and move on. However if you say that on this forum or get upset at AMFA. The AMFA police will attack you, so watch what you say.

If this doesn't wake people up to fact that this law firm and this Union doesn't give a crap if you get a contract or not is sadly mistaken. It's unfortunate that a blade failure did this. We have more paperwork every time we turn around. We need to get it done and move on. However if you say that on this forum or get upset at AMFA. The AMFA police will attack you, so watch what you say.
This is why I'm really hopeful this T/A is going to be good enough to appease the masses. It's not going to be stellar and I wouldn't settle for garbage. The lawsuits, I think everybody with any common sense knew this was coming, that's not what concerns me. It's the litigation and what they are going to uncover. Could it mean a departure of a leader or two, man that'd be great. But what is not going to be great is if this T/A isn't good enough to go through, and there is an issue with these cfm56 engines, vibrations, or other. We gotta lot of em, and public perception will be reflected in not only the share price but also the seat occupancy. If this had been our first rodeo with this freak accident, well, I'd call it that, but this is the second one.

This is why I'm really hopeful this T/A is going to be good enough to appease the masses. It's not going to be stellar and I wouldn't settle for garbage. The lawsuits, I think everybody with any common sense knew this was coming, that's not what concerns me. It's the litigation and what they are going to uncover. Could it mean a departure of a leader or two, man that'd be great. But what is not going to be great is if this T/A isn't good enough to go through, and there is an issue with these cfm56 engines, vibrations, or other. We gotta lot of em, and public perception will be reflected in not only the share price but also the seat occupancy. If this had been our first rodeo with this freak accident, well, I'd call it that, but this is the second one.
I Don't think it is garbage, but you didn't lose scope. I was always taught as a steward if you are moving up that's the most important. Should it have taken this long, no and we are still not there. Most people with common sense will realize we just need to move on. With this process from AIP to T/A our negotiating committee has just proven to us that there will be no quick solution if we say no. In fact at our last local 4 meeting when you ask Bob Cramer what will happen he says he doesn't know, but he wanted a No vote. I really don't believe most people will want to go 7 or more years to get a contract. There are a few die hards on here that claim they would. However whenever we get a T/A everyone has to make his or his decision. We will get through this blade incident, they have already lowered the time for the blade lube inspections. We have done the entire 700 fleet and most of the 800s. So with the lower time, plus all blades are now subject to NDT testing.

Hot off the press. Just heard that they came to a t/a. It will be announced tomorrow with more info.