WN Mechanics seek mediation

Below is a good article on the thoughts and reasons from both sides after the contract was voted down.
I am also impressed with how quickly AMFA is moving with the survey and trying to get back to the table very quickly. All the while Mr. McCrady is doing the exact opposite AND he is promoting delays and stalls out in public. That is no way nego in good faith by no means and admitting so publically, not a good move.
Some good info and details follow:

Why Southwest Airlines mechanics said 'no' to tentative agreement

Below is a good article on the thoughts and reasons from both sides after the contract was voted down.
I am also impressed with how quickly AMFA is moving with the survey and trying to get back to the table very quickly. All the while Mr. McCrady is doing the exact opposite AND he is promoting delays and stalls out in public. That is no way nego in good faith by no means and admitting so publically, not a good move.

I thought they didn't tell people to vote no, this article proves otherwise.

Since this has to do with maint. as well as mechanics I will post here also.
Nice to see new maint facilities going up in Houston and now BWI:

Southwest to invest in new MRO facility at Baltimore/Washington

“Construction of the hangar is expected to create 450 jobs, but will not significantly grow maintenance employee numbers at the airline”

It's selective ignore ! :)

driver do you remember the time he claimed to be ignoring me and I kept poking him anyway until he blew up into a RAGE and responded to me?

That was very funny.

I thought they didn't tell people to vote no, this article proves otherwise.

Ouch!

“In a memo to mechanics in the wake of the “no” vote announced Tuesday, Southwest vice president of labor relations Russell McCrady said “the path to another agreement likely will be a lengthy one.”

driver I have to be fair here though (unlike swamp) I said that your AMFA leaders needed to let the Membership decide the next course of action and that was something they did. This was not a deal they wanted to accept and they did have the right to make their feelings known on that.

It was then up to the Members if they would tell those Reps to go take a flying leap or stand by them. I don’t believe anyone is lying that the vote was no so the “majority chose” to stand by their Union. That choice should be respected.

(But the vote count should be released publicly IMO also)

“Construction of the hangar is expected to create 450 jobs, but will not significantly grow maintenance employee numbers at the airline”

driver do you remember the time he claimed to be ignoring me and I kept poking him anyway until he blew up into a RAGE and responded to me?

That was very funny.
Yes it was he is a liar, but what else is new!

Ouch!

“In a memo to mechanics in the wake of the “no” vote announced Tuesday, Southwest vice president of labor relations Russell McCrady said “the path to another agreement likely will be a lengthy one.”

driver I have to be fair here though (unlike swamp) I said that your AMFA leaders needed to let the Membership decide the next course of action and that was something they did. This was not a deal they wanted to accept and they did have the right to make their feelings known on that.

It was then up to the Members if they would tell those Reps to go take a flying leap or stand by them. I don’t believe anyone is lying that the vote was no so the “majority chose” to stand by their Union. That choice should be respected.

(But the vote count should be released publicly IMO also)
That's fine weazz the underlying thing is when a union recommends a package, or doesn't , they should be neutral, but were far from it. It is what what it is. We go on.

I totally understand. The company has to pay for the 6 years of pay freeze they are trying to take this from a todays starting point no way I get it.. Are they offering you full retro? That would be a NO vote from me for sure before anything else after 6 years. I know it's easy for me to say I am not living it but that is my view,

I totally understand. The company has to pay for the 6 years of pay freeze they are trying to take this from a todays starting point no way I get it.. Are they offering you full retro? That would be a NO vote from me for sure before anything else after 6 years. I know it's easy for me to say I am not living it but that is my view,

No sir, you are correct.
The co. is "saying" they are offering "full" retro but they are not. On the full retro they are missing somewhere from 3% to 3.5%. On the outgoing years they are missing years 2018, and 2023.
You are right that the co needs to be, held to their 6 year pay freeze OR they will do it each and every year from here on out. Until they make us whole they will continue to get the "NO" votes.
The mechanics membership is sick and tired of the company games and the way they are treating their employees. They really need to get a clue before they lose all of us...

New flyer, "Make your voice heard"
Even the Yes voters need to fill this out so the NC can get the full memberships wishes on why it was rejected. This is how to make change, let your voices be heard and fill out the survey...

Rejected AMFA-SWA AMT TA Survey Flyer
September 21, 2018 -- Make you voice heard, complete the survey and tell your negotiators what you expect to see in the next TA.

Until they make us whole they will continue to get the "NO" votes.

The mechanics membership is sick and tired of the company games and the way they are treating their employees. They really need to get a clue before they lose all of us...

“In a memo to mechanics in the wake of the “no” vote announced Tuesday, Southwest vice president of labor relations Russell McCrady said

“”“the path to another agreement likely will be a lengthy one.”””

I know has already been posted, but someone pointed something out. Notice who was included in the CC's at bottom. The Mediators were sent this email from McCrady to the membership and all employees within Southwest Airlines to read.
I think this was an excellent move as now, the mediators will see that McCrady is well in advance "planning" a long and dragged out process for these nego's going forward when AMFA is wanting to get right back to the table and get this resolved. Now the mediators will see first hand who will be the ones dragging things out even longer...

Letter to SWA VP of Labor Relations Regarding Continuing Negotiations
September 20, 2018 -- As the Chairs of the AMFA Negotiating Committee, we want to follow-up on the tentative agreement vote results announced Tuesday, September 18, 2018, rejecting ratification.

New flyer, "Make your voice heard"
Even the Yes voters need to fill this out so the NC can get the full memberships wishes on why it was rejected. This is how to make change, let your voices be heard and fill out the survey...

Rejected AMFA-SWA AMT TA Survey Flyer
September 21, 2018 -- Make you voice heard, complete the survey and tell your negotiators what you expect to see in the next TA.

What is AMFA trying to hide? When will they release the vote tally count?

How many YES votes and how many NO votes?

Where’s the transparency?

“In a memo to mechanics in the wake of the “no” vote announced Tuesday, Southwest vice president of labor relations Russell McCrady said

“”“the path to another agreement likely will be a lengthy one.”“”

I know has already been posted, but someone pointed something out. Notice who was included in the CC's at bottom. The Mediators were sent this email from McCrady to the membership and all employees within Southwest Airlines to read.
I think this was an excellent move as now, the mediators will see that McCrady is well in advance "planning" a long and dragged out process for these nego's going forward when AMFA is wanting to get right back to the table and get this resolved. Now the mediators will see first hand who will be the ones dragging things out even longer...

Letter to SWA VP of Labor Relations Regarding Continuing Negotiations
September 20, 2018 -- As the Chairs of the AMFA Negotiating Committee, we want to follow-up on the tentative agreement vote results announced Tuesday, September 18, 2018, rejecting ratification.

“Planning”? Since when is expressing an “opinion” planning?

Good luck with that one in a Court of Law.

The added word “likely” blows up your whole argument. And after 6 years now they know how to play you guys like a finely tuned piano. Schmucks.

“Planning”? Since when is expressing an “opinion” planning?

Good luck with that one in a Court of Law.

The added word “likely” blows up your whole argument. And after 6 years now they know how to play you guys like a finely tuned piano. Schmucks.

Weazz the company is only doing what they said would happen, they gave us a choice in negotiations keep your scope less money, more money less scope, simple as that. Swarat knows that but he will continue to deny it.

Latest posts