Workbrain Time

They doc me for EVERY minute I punch out early, so why shouldn't I be paid for EVERY min. I work over time ?

One of the things that I try never to do is get to the time clock 15 minutes early ON COMPANY TIME to wait in line for clocking out. If I get to the clock 1 minute after my time to swipe, everyone is gone and I breeze out the door. That way, the company is paying me for "every minute that I WORK" and am not standing around. Just saying...

One of the things that I try never to do is get to the time clock 15 minutes early ON COMPANY TIME to wait in line for clocking out. If I get to the clock 1 minute after my time to swipe, everyone is gone and I breeze out the door. That way, the company is paying me for "every minute that I WORK" and am not standing around. Just saying...
You are such a good devoted employee..And just for that, the NEXT furlough that comes to your station has a packet just for you:)

Understand the time on workbrain is server set from Phx.

At our station ours lags by 1-2 minutes.

TEMPE If you are reading RESET the correct time.

I want out when Im supposed to be. and not a MINUTE OVER.
Thanks
How do you know your watch isn't the one that's wrong? In any case it doesen't matter .. if you punch in according to workbrain, and punch out according to workbrain, you will still work the amount of time your'e supposed to. Simple.

How do you know your watch isn't the one that's wrong? In any case it doesen't matter .. if you punch in according to workbrain, and punch out according to workbrain, you will still work the amount of time your'e supposed to. Simple.
Its so simple.I agree. Just leave your house 2 minutes later.

Time clocks should be accurate, however nothing is PERFECT. A few minutes one way or the other is no big deal, but it must be consistant. If the clocks are say 2 minutes fast, then they must ALWAYS be two minutes fast. If I'm due in at 0600, if Workbrain time is always 0602, then a reasonable person knows that they should be there two minutes early. On the flip side, if I swipe in at 0602 (real time) for an 0600 (Workbrain time) shift, then I should punch out at 1432 (real time). If the clock is slow, then one should adjest accordingly as well.

The only question is what's a valid discrepancy. This would likely come down to State labor laws, and I'd venture is probably no more then 5 minutes, if there's any law at all.

The word from PHX is not just with workbrain, but with management. The sups are giving techs occurences for being late when the clock is all jacked-up. Tell me how that right? And where is the union support on this issue? :blink:

It is amazing that there are still employees that think they deserve a paycheck without working. If you are clocking in 1 minute before your shift starts, then you are late. Read your contract. You are taking money out of my pocket because we are paying you to do nothing while the rest of us work for a living. Get a grip. Workbrain may not be perfect but you are getting a paycheck aren't you?

It is amazing that there are still employees that think they deserve a paycheck without working. If you are clocking in 1 minute before your shift starts, then you are late. Read your contract. You are taking money out of my pocket because we are paying you to do nothing while the rest of us work for a living. Get a grip. Workbrain may not be perfect but you are getting a paycheck aren't you?

Huh?

Did I miss something here?

Your post makes NO SENSE.

How can I be late if I clock in 1 min EARLY and BE AT MY POSITION ON TIME?

If I clock in 10-12 EARLY and Wait EXACTLY until its time to start HOW can I still be late?
Did you READ AND Re_read your post?

How does THAT kool Aid Taste?

I think you have been drinking too much kool-aid. The response wasn't directed at you. Anyone that clocks in 1 minute before their shift start is going to be late at their position which is what I was referring to and anyone that stands in line waiting to clock out before the end of their shift and there are many that stand by the clock 10-15 minutes before shift change isn't working either. What would really be nice is to require us all to clock in and out for our lunches too. I would welcome that because it might deter the fellow workers who like to wander off and leave the rest to pick up their slack. And you are right, you should be compensated when you are truly working not just taking up space.

If they are going to pay us from the time we clock in, then fine, but if not, clocking in 1 minute early IS 1 MINUTE EARLY for your shift! Our time clock is 10 steps away from the sups office and that is where we head to get our bankbags. I am not required to get my bank bag on my own time (before my start time. no matter how early I clock in). I start at my start time and getting my bank bag from the sups office is the second thing I do (the company says clocking in is the first part of my job). I really dont like it when the sups come into the break room and throw a bag at me and expect me to count the money and sign for it and then do something with it while I'm still not getting paid to have it in my possession.
And also curious how you can be "working" on the counter at 229pm and then bang, at 230pm "clock out time" you can be expected to be clocking out while you still havent ACO'd out, given your money to a sup or anything else required with actually verifying things before you leave? And I know the company isnt going to authorize overtime for not leaving the counter until your time off. Thats why they authorize a 15 minute checkout period.

Anyone that clocks in 1 minute before their shift start is going to be late at their position which is what I was referring to

Uhhh... So I'm late every day? I can swipe in make a 180* turn and help a customer SECONDS after swiping in AND do this IN MY ASSIGNED WORK AREA

anyone that stands in line waiting to clock out before the end of their shift and there are many that stand by the clock 10-15 minutes before shift change isn't working either.

You are working until you clock out. If you are not needed at wherever your assignment is and the Company feels it acceptable for you to leave the assigned work area to wait for your shift end that's perfectly fine. If you're needed until the last minute you are obligated to stay, with the caveat that the Company must permit you adaquate time to leave your work station, turn in any assigned equipment, and reach the timeclock no later then your end time.

Regarding lunches I kind of agree. If people play it honestly it won't matter. I usually get a lot of downtime and am able to eat lunch whenever I want. Because of this I rarely take my full half hour. I also rarely gripe if I'm unable to take a lunch, and skip it without being compensated simply because of the tremendusly more common free time on the clock. If the lack of a lunch is completly the Companies fault or if it's often I'll say something. True not everyone thinks the way I do, and not everyone has a job that permits the flexibility I have, but if you deal the cards you're dealt and both sides work together it goes quite well.