Would the real Doogie Parker please stand up....

D

delta777

This guy is either schizophrenic or has multiple personalities. :lol:

First he claims he won't fight for the merger if Delta Management and the BOD don't get on board. See below,

Parker said he's not prepared to fight Delta's management in bankruptcy court by submitting a merger plan to the judge without the backing of Delta officials.

"We have to get to a point where we are all working together on this, or it's not going to happen," Parker said at a meeting with editors and reporters at USA TODAY. "This is all about convincing Delta's management that this plan makes sense."

Then he says Delta overvalues itself and its numbers are "unrealistic". See below,

"We think their valuation is way out of whack," Parker said during a conference call with analysts and reporters.

Parker said his company's analysis of Delta's stand-alone plan values Delta at $5.5 billion to $6.9 billion. He also said that while US Airways generally agrees with Delta's profit projections for 2007, his company believes Delta's projections beyond that are too rosy.

Then, after the BOD tells him to go piss up a rope, he decided to pay more for an already "overvalued" Delta,. See below,

Right now, we feel very good about our chances of getting this done" despite Delta management's opposition, US Airways Chief Executive Doug Parker said in a conference call with analysts.

His company increased the pressure on Delta's unsecured creditors to take its buyout offer by raising the bid nearly 20 percent to $10.3 billion. Whether the deal would survive regulatory scrutiny may be the deciding factor.

Finally, the definition of schizophrenia, whom i feel Mr. Parker is a textbook example of,

Schizophrenia (from the Greek word "split mind") is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder characterized by impairments in the perception or expression of reality and by significant social or occupational dysfunction. A person experiencing schizophrenia is typically characterized as demonstrating disorganized thinking, and as experiencing delusions or auditory hallucinations.

If the shoe fits.... :lol:

First he claims he won't fight for the merger if Delta Management and the BOD don't get on board. See below,

Parker said he's not prepared to fight Delta's management in bankruptcy court by submitting a merger plan to the judge without the backing of Delta officials.

"We have to get to a point where we are all working together on this, or it's not going to happen," Parker said at a meeting with editors and reporters at USA TODAY. "This is all about convincing Delta's management that this plan makes sense."

Then he says Delta overvalues itself and its numbers are "unrealistic". See below,

"We think their valuation is way out of whack," Parker said during a conference call with analysts and reporters.

Parker said his company's analysis of Delta's stand-alone plan values Delta at $5.5 billion to $6.9 billion. He also said that while US Airways generally agrees with Delta's profit projections for 2007, his company believes Delta's projections beyond that are too rosy.

Then, after the BOD tells him to go piss up a rope, he decided to pay more for an already "overvalued" Delta,. See below,

Right now, we feel very good about our chances of getting this done" despite Delta management's opposition, US Airways Chief Executive Doug Parker said in a conference call with analysts.

His company increased the pressure on Delta's unsecured creditors to take its buyout offer by raising the bid nearly 20 percent to $10.3 billion. Whether the deal would survive regulatory scrutiny may be the deciding factor.
Finally, the definition of schizophrenia, whom i feel Mr. Parker is a textbook example of,

Schizophrenia (from the Greek word "split mind") is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a mental disorder characterized by impairments in the perception or expression of reality and by significant social or occupational dysfunction. A person experiencing schizophrenia is typically characterized as demonstrating disorganized thinking, and as experiencing delusions or auditory hallucinations.

If the shoe fits.... :lol:
LIL' DOOGIE, needs a little more crack PIPE to smoke!!!! :shock: ;)

you delta guys really are scared that usairways has more than a 80% chance of buying your company out huh? i love it . even if it doesen't happen , it was certainly worth it just to rattle delta 's cages.

you delta guys really are scared that usairways has more than a 80% chance of buying your company out huh? i love it . even if it doesen't happen , it was certainly worth it just to rattle delta 's cages.

You sure have changed your tune haven't you etops? So much for the lets all get along song you were singing.

Not that I'm a Doogie cheerleader, but he almost immediately denied saying that to USA Today and said the reporter had misheard, or misunderstood, his comments.

Can you say, CEO- IDIOT>>>

As far as airline CEO's go...Doug seems to be one of the best out there. He is very visible, energetic and has not not failed in his endeavors during some of the most trying times in the industry.

And yes, when it comes down to some of the details of our operation I don't agree with everything that is happening. But the big picture of how he operates in today's industry is good. He recognizes that consolidation in inevitable and he is visible and sharp in that arena also.

Tell me....who do you think is the "model" airline CEO that Doug should emulate and why since you seem to know what constitutes a smart CEO?

In case it is not apparent I hate argument ad hominum...waste of space.

Not that I'm a Doogie cheerleader, but he almost immediately denied saying that to USA Today and said the reporter had misheard, or misunderstood, his comments.

Yea, all of them, on 3 different occasions.

I think the DL creditors know what they are doing. The worst thing a negotiator can do is show their cards. The creditors know Dougie better than Dougie knows Dougie...I think they should wait and let U go even higher.

Forget whether DL is worth it...the idea is to WIN!!! :rolleyes:

tell me about it...he told the US East customers a crock of crap when this whole merger began and none of it came true. DL customers are in for a rude awakening if this merger goes through. You haven't seen Low Class until you've seen Tempe.

You think you have a lot of trailer parks in Georgia now? Well, if LCC takesover, ATL will turn into the biggest one!

When we merged, we were told capacity would be cut by 15% and no layoffs would occur. That's a huge cut in capacity, and yet they managed to do it with no layoffs, as they said.

As much as they have "dumbed down" the product, I have to say that they came through with that promise. I'm all for holding DP and the like responsible for the cr@p that is considered inflight service today, but let's be real here.

I know about the MDA layoffs; MDA planes were sold to Republic in a transaction that essentially kept US alive, and was done before DP took the helm....

Republic Airways announced in March 2005 a three-part agreement with US Airways that (1) amended its existing code-share agreement, (2) allowed Republic to purchase certain assets, and (3) allowed, under certain conditions, Republic to become an equity investor in the US Airways Chapter 11 restructuring. Since that time, the US Airways-America West merger has been announced,

--Business Wire, 06/23/05

As far as airline CEO's go...Doug seems to be one of the best out there. He is very visible, energetic and has not not failed in his endeavors during some of the most trying times in the industry.

And yes, when it comes down to some of the details of our operation I don't agree with everything that is happening. But the big picture of how he operates in today's industry is good. He recognizes that consolidation in inevitable and he is visible and sharp in that arena also.

Tell me....who do you think is the "model" airline CEO that Doug should emulate and why since you seem to know what constitutes a smart CEO?

In case it is not apparent I hate argument ad hominum...waste of space.

I'll argue that one.... Since the merger, we at the wholly owned's have never been treated worse. Add to the poor treatment, the Tempe mandated dog and pony show telling us that we're valued employees. Talk is cheap.

Meanwhile there's no visible plan for Piedmont, Lord only knows what's happening with PSA, and Repulsive is showing up with brand new E-175s. I could care less about whatever deal got them to RP, the fact remains it's more flying contracted out that should have been done in house.

Frankly, I think Parker's going to go down in history as the second coming of Frank Lorenzo. Given the fact he's practically spit in the mainline pilots, and PSA pilots faces more than once, I think he's Satan..... By the looks of the picketing in CLT and PHX, I'm not alone.

Who was picketing Satan in Phoenix? Oh, yeah that guy yelling on the street corner. Parker- Lorenzo? You obviously know little about either one.

Back