Yesterday In Philly

The sad thing is these comments could just as easily be from 2002, or 1992. PHL is a lost cause.

No, Tempe is a lost cause. It would be far better to kill any phone lines there.

I invite any passenger to speak with the cockpit. If you can "buy" the pilots (with the exception of the PI morons) we can actually do something. Insist on talking with the cockpit, all it takes is one agent to relay that there "might be" a problem and the entire operation stops until resolution, regardless.

I was the one who insisted that any door closed at scheduled push time and not a minute before. I always offered that any "late" push could be "blamed" on me. In 2.5 years, never had a late push.

Why are the pilots not standing up? No cajones? Edited by moderator? (and that double goes for the west weak richards).

Mod Note-please refrain from using profanity.

I am now becoming proficient in QIK because I adapt I do not complain..

There is a difference between adapting to change and putting up with a crap system. I've worked Qik for over 2 years and have proficiently "adapted" enough to get people to the gate with tickets.
However, that is WHEN it works or works right at all.
Today I had it prepopulate an availability sale with an S making the 1 segment of the reservation I was booking a MM nonrev listing. Well, that saved me time since the etkt wouldnt adjust and I had to figure out WHY. Canx, rebook and start all over again. Thanks QIK for thinking that I wanted to book MR Chairman as a nonrev. You're too efficient for my own good.
It also likes to take many mini breaks during the day. Meanwhile I'm standing there WAITING for a bag tag or boarding pass to come out while everyone in line is looking at me like I'm a retard because I'm just standing there and not working. If QIK/SHARES can take breaks, I think I should be able to every time it takes one.
Why does it think I dont want to do an SST about halfway through my shift? I mean, thanks for thinking I could use ANOTHER break, but *poof*, try to do an SST and nothing happens. Try again, same thing. Reboot computer, and wow, it works again. Meanwhile in order to get an SST I have to find an open computer, sine in and pull up the record, start all over again (and hope that computer will do an SST). There are many agents that say f-it when it drops out and let it go. How much of this money out the door could have been used to actually get a system that worked right in the first place?
BUSY, BUSY, BUSY, TIMEOUT. BUSY, BUSY, BUSY, TIMEOUT.
How many times today did I see this? Really helpful (again) when you're in the middle of a transaction trying to get someone ticketed/checked in before cutoff time. I figured out the problem is I'm TOO EFFICIENT for the system and type faster than IT can comprehend so I freak it out and it locks up. I've caught myself doing the next F-N step in the process while the computer is still trying to comprehend step 1.
You can defend the system all you want and I agree that there are a lot of people who do not know (and many who do not want to learn) the system, but there are those of us who know the system and think its total crap. I'm hoping (but not holding my breath) that somewhere down the line (before I retire) it will be up to speed. But so far I havent seen anything remotely resembling competence from the IT dept to give me any hope of this becoming a reality in my near future.

MAN OH MAN COULD I WORK A STANDBY LIST. NOW! NOT SO MUCH

GOOD NEWS! :rolleyes:
Our trainer (who has been deployed to CLT training for the past year) says he got to "test" the new "old" system for standbys clearing a specific number with a specific seat, etc. He didnt know when it was coming online, but the "test" version in koolaide land looked awesome! :up:
More great "enhancements" are on the horizon. (Just wonder what the new enhancements will F-UP in return.... :ph34r: )

phlagent and all the great frontliners,

Thanks for your support and for doing your best when they make it difficult for you to do so. Believe me WE appreciate you and your efforts.

That said, the way things are going, I am not sure we can stay much longer. While weather and ATC are demons all airlines have to deal with, the understaffing, lack of a working reservations system, and labor issues with pilots and other groups are lining up to create a perfect storm, the likes of which I don't think anyone has ever seen.

Despite your best efforts (and ours to try and stay with you), if it becomes apparent that we can no longer rely on US Airways to reliably get us where we need to go, we will have no choice but to go elsewhere..just know if it happens it is no through no fault of your own.

I am in constant contact with management, and am trying make them aware of what's happening, but I am not sure what good it will do.

Let me say again--if it were not for you fine folks on the front line, we would have been gone a LONG time ago......

My BEST to you all.....

You know Art, That may not be a bad idea...I cant remember what the revenue numbers were that FFCOUS generated w/ US. But maybe with all that money flowing to other AL's the BOD may take a different stand w/ Parker and the rest of the circus performers...

I feel bad for all of you who have to work for such a miserable pathetic existence of an employer. At least we, the customers can leave, I know it's not that easy for you, and you have to put up with it all day, every day.

To those of you who know how good things used to be....in other words, not the kool aid drinking sand dunes (OK let the 'Tempe tantrums' begin), you're all the best and your customers know that. It's not your fault that your management (and I use that term lightly) has turned this company into a joke. Hopefully this pack of goons will eventually be fired and a new crew brought in to turn it around....that is if there is anything left to turn around.

Hang in there....you all deserve better!!
Thank you so much for understanding. We agents fight for you (and for us) everyday. If I had a penny for every time I hear in our briefings with management "How can you do this to our passengers" and very heatedly I might add, I could retire! I think one of the reasons the senior agents stick around is because we DO remember what a great airline this once was. So proud of our service on the airplanes, nice people to work for and with and a good reputation. We had management that was more interested in their personal reputations and being judged by how much their employee group respected them as well as the business community. Don't misunderstand me, they did VERY well financially, however they did it with integrity and realised that by keeping your employees happy, the rewards just kept rolling in.

I was speaking with a American Airlines Captain who was jumpseating to STL (ex TWA) who said that years ago when they would land in a particular city, they would look out the flight deck windows and see US Air planes and say, wow, that airline is a cash cow, I would love to work for them!
That seems to be the problem though. USAir sits on the most lucrative markets in the industry, they are a cash cow, and all these investors and Ceos know it. As history as proven, they come, they go, with bank accounts that Warren Buffett would envy.

Phl should be on the news tomorrow morning. It is a distaster with a capital D. How can you possibly (usairways) put one agent to a gate and gain results. Has anyone ever boarded an A330?

You see, they are getting away with it but the funny thing is you never see a manager on the floor anymore. They hide and we get beat up. It is actually quite hilarious at this stage of the game, we aren't going to make it guys.

I feel bad for all of you who have to work for such a miserable pathetic existence of an employer. At least we, the customers can leave, I know it's not that easy for you, and you have to put up with it all day, every day.

To those of you who know how good things used to be....in other words, not the kool aid drinking sand dunes (OK let the 'tempe tantrums' begin), you're all the best and your customers know that. It's not your fault that your management (and I use that term lightly) has turned this company into a joke. Hopefully this pack of goons will eventually be fired and a new crew brought in to turn it around....that is if there is anything left to turn around.

Hang in there....you all deserve better!!
It is funny you say that because all I hear from all my old America West Flightfund Elite members is "we really miss America West". It seems the East elite members are saying the same thing about the old US Airways. Let's just hope our mgmt wakes up and starts putting our employees first. I truly think all of you Philly agents have a lot more stress to deal with considering all the International flights. I know we don't see half the delays and problems in Phx of Las. :(

Latest posts

Back