You are going to love this one..

Official Airline Guide

It used to list every flight, number, time, stops, service, class of service, fare info, conx info, etc. They had a North America edition and a worldwide edition. At least with the worldwide edition we'd know who to call to see if they had flights available. Now, if I dont know who flies there or what cities they conx thru, I'm stuck. (Or better yet the customer is stuck.)

. . . Its NOT MY JOB to tell them what cities, airlines to add to the system. I am responsible to use the system with the info ALREADY IN IT FOR ME to get the customer taken care of . . .

You're exactly right tadir. The employees are doing their job. Now who is suppossed to give employees the tools they need? That's the big question.

Although I've dodged any major inconveniences thus far, the biggest thing that presently bothers my wife and I are issues exactly like these. It's unbelievable that a major carrier is so bush league at the moment. I don't want to worry about this kind of stupidity whacking us across the head during one of our trips -- travel is already hard enough. The front liners have tried to make do, to adjust to all of these IT FUBARs and often in the face of an impatient public. Hats off to you guys.

What annoys me most, is that this migration fiasco is somebody's responsibility. A company with true integrity will weed out the idiot(s) who unleash this nightmare and give them their walking papers. I'm not talking about DP ( he's a separate issue), but rather the IT clowns and executives directly in charge of this system. Mind you, corporations usually do these sort of firings quietly and these departures are usually phrased as "moving on" scenarios as that's the nature of the game in the exec officies.

So if in the next few months, Tempe has not rounded up the guilty parties and sent them on their merry way ( good bye party and all ), then that for me will be the last straw as this more than anything will attest to Tempe's integrity or lack there of. It's not about business as usual. It's about doing the job right.

Barry

TADJR:

I loved the suggestion about the OAG. As a matter of fact I just submitted that suggestion to them via the DRS/QIK fix on the DRS keypad. Maybe someone will wake up to this continuing mess. We need to bombard them with what we want and expect to have at our finger tips to do our job. And we all know shares is not and will not be the solution . We need to have access to native shares ,return sabre or make the conversion to amadeus like the rest of the star alliance.

TADJR:
I loved the suggestion about the OAG. As a matter of fact I just submitted that suggestion to them via the DRS/QIK fix on the DRS keypad. Maybe someone will wake up to this continuing mess. We need to bombard them with what we want and expect to have at our finger tips to do our job. And we all know shares is not and will not be the solution . We need to have access to native shares ,return sabre or make the conversion to amadeus like the rest of the star alliance.

Having to use an OAG in this age of computerization is remarkable. It was a fantasic tool in its day but who'd have thought that the need for it would arise again?
I find it inexcusable that ANY of our destinations on USAirways, let alone other airlines that we code share with and align with are missing from this system. Why aren't defaults built in to eliminate WN unless requested? Why aren't time defaults built in to avoid showing a past flight? It took a while to learn Sabre back in the day but my oh my what a wonderful tool for a travel agent (or employee! ;) )
I'd love to give Kirby some truth serum and interogate him on how he REALLY feels about our current system vs. Sabre since he worked for SABRE at one time. :ph34r:

Kirby has to be on something if he is delusional enough to think that shares is a acceptable substitution for SABRE. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what crap shares is. He has got to know that shares isn't in the same league. Sabre is the majors , shares is in the peewee leagues. He should know the difference since he worked for SABRE and should be able to see what useless junk shares is ,in comparison to SABRE.

Am I the only one who sees that as a logical response? IT merely makes the software and hardware do what management wants it to do. They are not marketing people. And an international agent who chooses to play roulette with who they call to fix a problem rather than following an established chain of command shouldn't be surprised by getting an unuseable answer.

What flavor kool-aid are you drinking????Exactly like tadjr says...thats not our job!!!!My job is customer service and this bunch of Fre###ing idiots are not allowing me to do it...and I did e-mail the IT dept three days after migration with to add FCO KIV and to this date its still not in there....yes we do have pax flying to KIEV..do they even know where that is :blink: It took them a month to add PHL SYD....Kirby needs to go...NOW...Every day in intl this systems causes me embarassment..

To answer your question about SABRE avail in intl yes we can access it by doing change change res and use your decs sign in...response is unknown agent id...just esc down a couple times and do avail like before....you cant book or anything else but I use it all the time to get reliable avail...I dont know if anywhere else can access this because we have common use terminals with SITA so I dont know if this works in domestic...but it has saved my sanity more than a few times....

But the funny part is NOBODY from mgnt knew we could do this or if they did they didnt tell us agts...I was just playing around one day reminiscing and what do you know ...it worked :up:

What flavor kool-aid are you drinking????Exactly like tadjr says...thats not our job!!!!
I would be willing to bet an agent's chain of command stops with his supervisor. Bashing IT people who are tasked with building something to meet certain requirements under certain budget constraints is not productive. IT people shouldn't be taking direction from an agent anyhow.

All this whining sounds like just more "Why can't we just go back to my warm cruddy USAir that I know and love." Eventually folks have to ditch the thumb and blanket and move on.

Just saw the town hall meeting in CLT, and that condescending jerk said that they could have gone either way on computer systems. THEY COULD HAVE GONE EITHER WAY AND THEY CHOSE THIS PIECE OF SH!T SYSTEM.
Kirby worked for Sabre for God sake. They all knew from the beginning that this system was going to be inadequate. They ALL need to go, get them out of here quick before they bury us.

I would be willing to bet an agent's chain of command stops with his supervisor. Bashing IT people who are tasked with building something to meet certain requirements under certain budget constraints is not productive. IT people shouldn't be taking direction from an agent anyhow.

All this whining sounds like just more "Why can't we just go back to my warm cruddy USAir that I know and love." Eventually folks have to ditch the thumb and blanket and move on.
BECAUSE IT WORKED FOR A MAJOR GLOBAL CARRIER

Well when the IT failures lead to a customer decision to book away from US Airways then what do you say? I suppose it's my fault that US IT couldn't organize a one car funeral?

I have a few days coming and I WAS considering a brief junket to Europe, but with your attitude I'm thinking I'll stay home and keep the $700 in the account or allow a more customer oriented organization win the business.
Don't listen to him PB. Besides, you've done quite a bit of traveling this past week, you need a break from this airline to re-coup for next weeks fiasco!

Bring back the O.A.G. and we will long sell and call the airline
Of course I need glasses now
I'd long sell all day long if we could get rid of this pig!

A paper copy or a downloaded copy of the oag would be more help than shares could ever be.Bury this pig. Parker said that it was not that one system was cheaper than the other but that we could get out of the SABRE contract because of US bk.HP had a contract with EDS that they couldn't get out of. WHY NOT? Companies get out of bad contracts all the time. That is why you have lawyers. All they would of had to do was to prove that shares was not capable of handling our total system , something already proven to be true and if necessary pay eds some penalty and get out of the contract.

I would be willing to bet an agent's chain of command stops with his supervisor. IT people shouldn't be taking direction from an agent anyhow.

You'd be wrong as far as the computer goes. They actually have a QIK/FIX keypad for the agent to send in fixes or suggestions on the system and they go right to the IT people. Also the RES Migration memos that they have been sending out for the past month also have the PHONE NUMBERS and EMAIL info for the IT people and this is from the paper...
" It's important for us to continue to hear from you, so we are providing names, email addresses and phone numbers of those who can help research and resolve the outstanding items. Please let us know what you are seeing with the new system.
Thank you for your great commitment to our customers and your dedication to excellent service
."

Now if this doesnt mean "CALL US" I dont know what does. And what kind of EXCELLENT SERVICE can we give if we dont have the info we need to help our customers?

I really wish all the Monday morning quarterbacks (or Monday morning Pilots and F/As) who dont use this system to do their job would come work with any of us and see what its like to try to do your job with what we've been given. We're a bunch of whiners BECAUSE IT ISNT WORKING AND WITHOUT THE PROPER TOOLS TO DO MY JOB, I CANT DO WHAT THE COMPANY IS PAYING ME TO DO. It isnt a matter of me having to do 15 entries to get it done, IT ISNT IN THERE TO BEGIN WITH

What part of that DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? :angry:

This is not whining...this is fact...intl avail is next to non existent..fact....why is it whenever we point out a fault with this system we hear ourselves called whiners..I am not whining I am just plain mad....mad that there was not more research done to avoid the fiascos of Mar 4 and continuing to today ...mad that transatlantic needs were not taken into account...mad that I and many co-workers must now take tranquillizers just to come to work ....I'm mad that I still care whether the company I work for is respected...why do I still care...its obvious they dont care in Tempe and I include you luvn737...its would help if you were a bit more supportive of us trying to make the best of a terrible situation.....walk a mile in my shoes and see if I still sound like a whiner

Am I the only one who sees that as a logical response? IT merely makes the software and hardware do what management wants it to do. They are not marketing people. And an international agent who chooses to play roulette with who they call to fix a problem rather than following an established chain of command shouldn't be surprised by getting an unuseable answer.

HP representative groups are not use to the agent group speaking up
It is your plane but IT IS MY GATE/TICKET COUNTER/BAGGAGE SERVICE/RESERVATION/CLUBS/CTO AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT...

Back