You Guys Have Your Own Problems

No this can't happen at any other airline. It's called cockpit discipline, professionalism, or try TUNE, IDENTIFY AND MONITOR. Take your pick. This is basic flying that we all learned in flight school. Don't bring me and my peers down to this level and say that this can happen to anyone. That was an electronic airplane with a map display. There is no excuse for this. Im sorry but this amature display of pilotage makes us all look bad and shouldn't be given any leeway. The "This can happen to anyone" excuse may be true at your airline, but it sure ain't at mine.

Tumbleweed
UAL777

tumbleweed said:
The "This can happen to anyone" excuse may be true at your airline, but it sure ain't at mine.
You're reading an excuse where there is none. The "This can happen to anyone" comment is more analogous to "There but for the grace of God go I." Might do you some good to have a little humility. You never know when it might come in handy.

tumbleweed said:
No this can't happen at any other airline. It's called cockpit discipline, professionalism, or try TUNE, IDENTIFY AND MONITOR. Take your pick. This is basic flying that we all learned in flight school. Don't bring me and my peers down to this level and say that this can happen to anyone. That was an electronic airplane with a map display. There is no excuse for this. Im sorry but this amature display of pilotage makes us all look bad and shouldn't be given any leeway. The "This can happen to anyone" excuse may be true at your airline, but it sure ain't at mine.

Tumbleweed
UAL777
OK, if you say so...NW pilots are unprofessional, undisciplined, and way below the standard of UAL pilots...if that's what you care to think...keep thinking it. I guess the AA pilots that landed at LIT a couple of years agoduring a thunderstorm could never be UAL pilots...or should we even get into the clear air turbulence accidents UA and AA have had (ever remember one at NW? Probably not, but you can't say one will never happen!) I could go on...

I'm sure not defending the pilots in question at least until the whole story is known BUT given their suspension, it's fairly clear that they weren't giving the 110% they should have been. BUT comparing airlines, with the we're better than you are attitude, is not only immature, it's laughable given the current state of United.

I'm done with this. <_<

Northwest Airlines announced a new slogan today – "where the hell are we?â€￾

Did you hear about this? This is unbelievable! A Northwest Airlines flight landed at the wrong airport in South Dakota. How many airports are there in South Dakota? How do you land in the wrong one?

The plane landed at an Air Force base miles away. It’s bad enough when they were just losing our luggage. Now they can’t find the plane either.

In fact the pilots didn’t even realize they landed at an air force base until they got off the plane and couldn’t find the skybar.

ROFLMAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

<<OK, if you say so...NW pilots are unprofessional, undisciplined, and way below the standard of UAL pilots...if that's what you care to think...keep thinking it. I guess the AA pilots that landed at LIT a couple of years agoduring a thunderstorm could never be UAL pilots...or should we even get into the clear air turbulence accidents UA and AA have had (ever remember one at NW? Probably not, but you can't say one will never happen!) I could go on...>>

No, thats not what I think. What I do think however that is, regardless of where you fly, this type of mistake should be given no excuses. My comments are directed at a certain attitude much more than about where you're employed.

Tumbleweed

I think that UA, AA, NW and even WN all have a pretty good bunch aviators. At NW, they have over 1500 daily departures and eventually things like this happen. Things of this nature occur at every airline including B737's landing at Burbank who try to pull into the gas station located so conviently off the end off the runway. This is one where we should all be on the same side, working together and sharing information so it doesn't happen again. Good luck to all aviators at all airlines.

cheers

Bigsky

tumbleweed said:

Tumbleweed
UAL777

Strange, but I could have sworn that one of your boys landed at Troutdale, Or. (TTD) instead of PDX several years ago.....

Thought there was a picture of a NW A320 sitting in a drainage ditch in MEM. Nose gear in the hole?

magsua and tumbleweed,

First off, All the NW pilots I know are a class act and are extemely professional!!!

Secondly, I can't honestly make that same statement for the group over at UA!!!

Instead of picking on your own ALPA brothers (whatever that means) to make you feel better about what's going on in your own back-yard, you should focus on looking for employment elsewhere.

I'll give one example of UA's professionalism vs NW...

Before 9/11, I was trying to jumpseat on a UA A319.....denied....why you ask???
Because I was a USAIR pilot during the whole merger/buyout/money for Wolf proposal....granted it's the Captains choice....but with 60 seats avail in the back...that's pretty unprofessional....He's exact words as I was standing in the cockpit door where "Sorry, but I can't give a ride to someone who may potentially take my job...that's like a SCAB!" Like I asked Wolf to sell off U to UA!!!
Mainliner Marvins, just so professional.

Post 9/11, I'm flying a military contract around Asia. Dead-heading home on a NW 400 through DTW....I have a coach seat in the way back of the whale!!! No longer employed with an ALPA carrier. The Captain see's my kit....strikes up a conversation...I tell him my story...next thing I know I'm in First Class...as a matter of fact every trip I took on NW across the PAC RIM, NW pilots treated me with respect!!!!

magsua and tumbleweed...get off your high horse!! I hate to throw stones, but if you don't think that UA could ever land at the wrong airport; then I guess UA never hired a 300 hour pilot just because of there sex or race!

keep the greasey side down and the pointey end foward :up:

This is funny. United pilots poking fun at NWA pilots. How could this have happened at all with mainline pilots. According to ALPA, mainline pilots are far more competent than lowly regional pilots. I thought mainline pilots were the creme of the crop?