You scrub my back. I'll scrub yours.....and so on and so....

As I recall, salaried paycuts didn't occur per se. What I recall was ending the retiree medical for the salaried group (the medical coverage from an early retirement age to medicare coverage) was taken from the salaried employees (as they preferred per a vote, again, if I remember correctly). I find this particularly humerous as this is really some pretty crappy insurance the TWU fought to retain for its people in "their best interests".

According to a supervisor, the salaried boys and girls (below director level) were handed a paycut and almost immediately given the money back in the form of a raise after having lost the wonderous retirement medical insurance - he seemed to feel it happened only to be a slap in the workers' face.

If I didn't take that pay cut, then why does my annual report from Social Security show a huge drop in wages from 2003 to 2006?...

We most certainly took pay cuts at the L3-6 levels. I took 17%, my L4s took about 14%. If someone was re-leveled at the base, shame on M&E. It didn't happen in other business units.

If I didn't take that pay cut, then why does my annual report from Social Security show a huge drop in wages from 2003 to 2006?...

We most certainly took pay cuts at the L3-6 levels. I took 17%, my L4s took about 14%. If someone was re-leveled at the base, shame on M&E. It didn't happen in other business units.

I'm not disputing you took a cut in pay E - I'm simply telling you what was related to me by a supervisor whom I felt was more trustworthy than most.

Latest posts