You think AA would do this if they believe their employees are will to strike?

I think it's a moot point, since NMB isn't going to release you to self-help. APFA is last in line behind the pilots and TWU. Strike threats are just that - threats. Bluffs, even. All you're doing is scaring away revenue from the company. Not exactly productive to the cause of getting a raise.

There is no timeline and all the parties are at the same point in the flowchart. Who goes first is anyones bet, they could release us all on the same day. If the mediator sitting on the FAs case decides that talks arent going anywhere he could release them today. Thats when the clock starts and real negotiations begin, without a ticking clock the company has no reason to negotiate.

As far as scaring away the revenue, where are they going to go? There isnt much excess capacity in the system.

There is no timeline and all the parties are at the same point in the flowchart. Who goes first is anyones bet, they could release us all on the same day. If the mediator sitting on the FAs case decides that talks arent going anywhere he could release them today. Thats when the clock starts and real negotiations begin, without a ticking clock the company has no reason to negotiate.

As far as scaring away the revenue, where are they going to go? There isnt much excess capacity in the system.

AA just announced that they are looking into hiring and training replacement f/as. The article is posted on newapfa. It was in Business Week. Actually made the morning new in STL.

To all those who think that talk of a strike just drives potential customers away and it hurts our chances of getting anything meaningful in negotiations....I say why give the company a bankruptcy contract without bankruptcy.

This company wants ZERO cost contracts....

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

When the TWU and the APA refuse to cross the APFA picket lines what will the replacements do then?

The TWU refuse to cross a picket line???? Are you out of your friggin mind or what?
Jim Little will state that it is not our fight and that if we honor the picket line it will hurt the members ability to negotiate a fair and equitable contract for its members, oppss I meant for the International officers bank roll.

I believe that if and IF the F/A's do strike it will cost AA more money than just settling.
I believe that many pilots will refuse to fly with 7 day wonders due to safety concerns.
I saw this back in 93 and it will be no different now.

"If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately.â€￾

Thomas Paine

At US we have language in out CBAs that you dont have to cross a sanctioned picket line, and has been tested in arbitration and won by the unions.