You think AA would do this if they believe their employees are will to strike?

Excellent point! They should agree right now to let the company know they will honor one another's picket line.
But the union leadership MUST be willing to face the consequences by defying any court order that may be handed down.

Since Reagan's firing of the controllers, labor relations have been tilted in favor of the companies. And since corporate America is sooooo afraid of the roughly 12% union members in this country, they shouldnt fear a strike in the airline industry.

Now that I woke up, this would be ideal if we had a real union.

There would be an immediate court injunction. Of course the other union could wildcat but that is a pretty expensive proposition and could cost jobs.

I had heard APFA has had a no sympathy strike clause in their contract for 40 years.

True or False?

My prediction is that a work stoppage by any of the represented groups will result in a prompt Ch 11 filing.

Even the hint of a Ch 11 filing would result in the immediate retirement of a VERY large number of senior pilots who would take their lump sum A Fund and run. This would be disruptive in the extreme to the operation of the airline, especially since the remaining folks would be angry and demoralized.

I think it's a moot point, since NMB isn't going to release you to self-help. APFA is last in line behind the pilots and TWU. Strike threats are just that - threats. Bluffs, even. All you're doing is scaring away revenue from the company. Not exactly productive to the cause of getting a raise.

I think it's a moot point, since NMB isn't going to release you to self-help. APFA is last in line behind the pilots and TWU. Strike threats are just that - threats. Bluffs, even. All you're doing is scaring away revenue from the company. Not exactly productive to the cause of getting a raise.
Revenue and raise have nothing to with each other in this industry. One again we don't control what AA charges for tickets. Like I said we could give it away and they would screw it up.

Strike threats are just that - threats. Bluffs, even. All you're doing is scaring away revenue from the company. Not exactly productive to the cause of getting a raise.

You are correct, that's why everyone needs to show how they feel every day they are at work!

I remember the tactic AA used for the 1995 6 1/2% over 6 year contract which included some of this company's most profitable quarters and years. They locked us in for a crap increase knowing damn well their future earnings picture. Hence 2001 came and even Carty could not deny AA's strong finances and agreed to a good contract.
That was then, this is now. AA has a taste of a wage and benefit package retro the 70's.

All this from a company who took a whopping $.01 PER HOUR (THATS ONE CENT) FOR LONGEVITY PAY from hour hourly wage.

Yea FFCA, we should really make AA number one so maybe they will give us that $.01 per hour back!

I think a nice strike and bankruptcy would do a lot to clear the air of a lot of geezer pilots as well as a stack of dead-wood leadership and management. I'm for BK. Bring it on!

If AA wants bankruptcy caliber contracts, they're going to have to take it to bankruptcy to get them. No more ripping off employees while management richly rewards themselves.

Will the high and mighty non-management{lol} FrequentFlier please explain to us lowly serfs exactly what we should do to procure a decent and well deserved raise from his buddys. Everybody who has a lick of common sense can see that American IS NOT going to actually negotiate in earnest until their feet are to the fire and there is a real deadline looming. It is just stall, stall, stall and keep us at the wages that they essentially blackmailed us into for as long as they possibly can. For someone who claims to not work for American, you sure do have a lot of opinions and time on your hands to pontificate on how much us lowly scum should be bringing home to our families. You sir are a JOKE! :shock:

Replacement F/A's to be trained by AMR..... Presumptuous to be stating it as happening when they haven't even spoken to the FAA yet. I guess you didnt read the first couple lines of the article.

Feb. 1 (Bloomberg) -- American Airlines told U.S. officials it’s studying the training of replacement workers in the event of a flight attendants’ strike at the world’s second-largest carrier, the Federal Aviation Administration said.

AMR Corp.’s American hasn’t taken steps to implement such a plan, Alison Duquette, an FAA spokeswoman, said today in an interview. Any shortened training sessions for replacement workers would require clearance by the agency, she said.

Replacement F/A's to be trained by AMR..... Presumptuous to be stating it as happening when they haven't even spoken to the FAA yet. I guess you didnt read the first couple lines of the article.

Obviously someone at AA has spoken to the FAA. It made the news and this is not a made up story.

Ah...so we're entering into the nasty phase of negotiations. I read a similar article in Business Week last night and my first thought was "here we go again". It is going to get interesting from here so break out the popcorn!

BTW. In 1993 the company did the same thing with management and back office personnel. They went to training for non safety related duties like smiling and hanging up coats and passing out pillows and blankets. We called them "pillow pushers". Crandall thought that hordes of flight attendants would cross the picket line and these f/a wanna bes would fill in the cracks. It was only AFTER the strike started that they had f/a job fairs and asked the faa to let them train f/a on one aircraft in one week. We called them the "7 day wonders". Unfortunately for all those potential scabs, the strike only lasted 5 days and all they got was a big southern "Thank Yoooouuuu" from the company as they were sent home.

At least this time the company learned something. Unfortunately, it makes it hard to press the case that they are bargaining in good faith when they are out there training new flight attendants.

When the TWU and the APA refuse to cross the APFA picket lines what will the replacements do then?