Your First Set of Wheels

They used to call it the batmobile.

1959_Cadillac_Coupe_Deville1.jpg
I thought the same thing before I read the comments you made. Batmobile. I have to ask, were those taillights a maintenance issue? They seem prone to damage.

Without the tail fins the rear almost looks like a front end. It looks like it has a grill, the reverse lights almost look like tail lights., the trunk looks like a hood, and the emblem looks like it belongs on a hood.

My brothers best friend had a 59 black Coupe de Ville with the huge tail fins. They used to call it the batmobile.

1959_Cadillac_Coupe_Deville1.jpg

Yeah, the giant fins kept diminishing each year with '64 being the smallest and last offered. The '64 being in my opinion the finest Caddie ever built....but, in a world with available Corvettes instead, well, etc. Currently being without a purely "fun" car; it's occurred to me I can't die before either restoring a classic 427 Vette or getting a quality replica Cobra, lest my very soul may well be thrown into Hell for selling all those beauties along life's way. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, the giant fins kept diminishing each year with '64 being the smallest and last offered. The '64 being in my opinion the finest Caddie ever built....but, in a world with available Corvettes instead, well, etc. ;)
The older I get the less I value sports cars. Too low, too tight (I am 6'2''), and too hard to get in and out of. I mean the point of a Corvette is not to be comfortable after all, it's to haul ass.

To be honest I wish bench seats were more common these days. Hard to snuggle with your woman in bucket seats.

447931dd4f658452e063083e0cf37693.jpg

The older I get the less I value sports cars. Too low, too tight (I am 6'2''), and too hard to get in and out of. I mean the point of a Corvette is not to be comfortable after all, it's to haul ass.

To be honest I wish bench seats were more common these days. Hard to snuggle with your woman in bucket seats.

447931dd4f658452e063083e0cf37693.jpg
I did the Porsche thing for about ten years. Fun to drive but getting in and out is not easy. It was my daily driver.

i280615739117.jpg

1972 Chevy Nova like this one only green. If the body didn't disintegrate I would probably still be driving it today.

Reactions: xUT
man KC that black Caddy you posted that photo of there's more iron in that beast than an entire car lot today lol

man KC that black Caddy you posted that photo of there's more iron in that beast than an entire car lot today lol
True...but what is harder to believe is that when my brothers friend had that car, they could pull into a gas station and tell the attendant "a dollars worth" that they would get dang near 10 gallons.

Had one of those iron machines hit me in the ass in my bug.
Totaled it!
Drove the engine into the back seat, no airbag deployment... :eek:
Chick driver had a few too many and I think she dropped her keys on the officers lap... :p
No citations... :D

IRRC this happened about 45 years ago this day, delivering toys to the Marines Christmas Drive.
DOH!

Had one of those iron machines hit me in the ass in my bug.
Totaled it!
Drove the engine into the back seat, no airbag deployment... :eek:
Chick driver had a few too many and I think she dropped her keys on the officers lap... :p
No citations... :D

IIRC this happened about 45 years ago this day, delivering toys to the Marines Christmas Drive.
DOH!
Sorry about your bug:(. I hope you weren't injured.

Last edited:

Latest posts