Your Top Ten

San Antonio and Albequere (AGAIN). Portland, OR., Quebec City, Bransen, MO, Salt Lake City and Monterrey, Mexico because my son lives there.

PDX
SLC
YVR
AUS (E170?)
SAT (E170?)
TXL (seasonal)
MXP
ZRH (seasonal)
EZE (seasonal)
HNL (seasonal)
Other SA/HI cities on a seasonal basis (Nov-Apr, while those planes would be used for European seasonal service May-Oct)

Also, a more appropriate question may not only be what cities but what routes.

Milan (A330 PHL)
Athens (A330 PHL)
Tel Aviv (A330 PHL)
Zurich (A330 PHL, CLT?)
San Antonio (E170 PHL, CLT)
Austin (E170 PHL CLT)
Portland (A320 PHL CLT)
Des Moines (CRJ PIT)
Oklahoma City (CRJ CLT)
Tulsa (CRJ CLT)
Albuquerque (E170? CLT)
Salt Lake City (A320 PIT CLT)
Quebec City (CRJ BOS)
San Jose (A320 PHL CLT)
Orange County (A320 PHL CLT)
Caracas (A320 CLT)
Guatamala City (A320 CLT)
San Salvador (A320 CLT)

A330=200 and 300
A320=A319/320/321
E170=170/175 (or 190/195 eventually)
CRJ=CRJ

Well, there's some sizeable cities in Canada we don't serve.
Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver....also, Windsor Ont. has a decent size airport, and a population of a quarter million. Save the Windsor folks from having the hassle of driving to Detroit. You'd also get some from Sarnia and Chatham and the rest of that region. I'm sure there's a governmental reason for not doing that I'm sure. Either the US government or Canadian.
I would try to get into the more or less stable areas of Eastern Europe. Tallin, Warsaw,Kiev if not directly, maybe by codeshare.
Domestically, no new destinations, but Kansas City could maybe be a mini hub. MDT(Harrisburg PA) has a new terminal opening soon, that will be a ghost town/white elephant. Also one the reliever airports around Chicago could be built up..Rockford maybe?
I'm sure all this has been looked into and there's reasons USAirways Group isn't doing any of this.

I'd assume through Star they'll gain access to Copenhagen (SAS), Vienna (Austrian), and Warsaw (LOT). Whether those carriers decide to serve PHL, or US eventually decides to, who knows... it all goes back to PHL's usual international conundrum- too close to JFK/EWR where all of these carriers already fly.

It really is hard to know just how much South America, west coast service, and even midwestern cities US can support with its current structure. If US recovered and planned to grow independantly, there would have to be a focus put somewhere west of PIT.

Portland, OR
Salt Lake City
San Antonio
Vancouver
Austin
Brussels
Copenhagen
Athens
Zurich
Vienna

Vancouver
Portland
Orange County

Veracruz Mexico (VER from PHL, even advance purchase restricted coach fares are in the $600-800 range and I believe CO is the only domestic carrier providing service to VER).

Jay

The list goes on and on,etc. Obviously the bean counters in CCY have the big picture and this is the reason we are where we are at this point in time. I certainly hope it isn't too late for new destinations to be added. If I were the king of the forest, I would forgo the high density US markets and concetrate on the places the other LCC's dont fly to. For example a non-stop from IAD to STT,SXM,MBJ or anywhere else in the caribbean. I would also make the fares more in line with the service offered. I would also increase the number of 757,767, and A321. Lets say for instance if we charge 250ow from PHL to STT or package it to 440 r/t with no restricts at all. Now if a 757 fills up with 185pax..we could generate -->$40,700 for a 3hr and 45min flt. (185x220.00=40,700). Does anyone have any idea what the operating costs would be? Crew, Fuel, Mtc, and fixed overhead? Could this be a moneymaker? Here's another question. What would it cost to charter a 757 for the same flts? I would appreciate any inputs on this.

:up:

PDX/ABQ/SAT/SLC/HNL/OGG/HOU-LOVE field, why not..WN is in PHL now
and maybe....some more south american cities.

Have a good Day everyone!

So far we are definatly seeing a theme for San Antonio, Portland, Salt Lake City, Albuquerque, Austin, and Honolulu.

Is there very much HI service from the east coast? I'd always heard it wouldnt be worth it, its all vacationers who either go to the Carribbean or connect out west.

Aside from SNA, whats the next most likely city in California? San Jose?

Are there more Carribbean destinations worth giving a go? What are some markets in Cental/South America that could be served with Airbus narrowbodies (and that there would be a market for?)

My thoughts, some already wisely suggested, are:
1. Monterrey, Mexico: not only for an aforementioned reason but because its population is large (over 3 million) and it's one of Mexico's main commercial and industrial cities. The commerce and large middle-class offer many opportunities.
2. Panama, City, Panama: The canal and free trade zones make it a major city for banking and shipping.
2. Vancouver, BC
3. Anchorage, AK
4. Panama City, Panama
5. San Jose, CA
6. Oakland, CA

Some of these airports' metropolitan areas we either don't serve or underserved; So much untapped potential. And the company's network needs to better balance the cities between which a passenger can fly. Currently, service in some markets is over concentrated (Syracuse, Rochester, Norfolk, Harrisburg, etc. etc.), some markets are underserved (LA area, SF Bay Area) and there's the "sorry, but we but can't get you there from here" markets.

International:

Prague
Belfast
Cairo
Zurich
St. Petersburg (Russia, not Florida!)
Warsaw
Reykjavik
Lisbon

Domestic and Canada:

Halifax
Calgary
St. Johns
PEI
Salt Lake City
Burbank
Daytona Beach
Tuscon

jetman3133 said:
LOVE field, why not..WN is in PHL now
I'll tell you why not...you can't serve it from PIT or PHL because of the Wright Amendment. Unless you plan on one-stop via TUL/OKC/LIT, or if you want to be sillier JAN/BTR/MSY/HOU/AUS/SAT/ABQ.

And, oh yeah, you can't through-ticket DAL to PIT or PHL.

YKM, PDX,TVL,GEG,RNO.RDM.YKM,EUG,BLI,SLC,BOI,TKF,MRY,ONT,BUR,LGB,CCR.PVT,FA
,SCK,SMF

etc...etc..blah..blah..blah

ain't going to happen...JMHO

LOL...BY C U

Hope I don't get sent to the cornfield..again.

Wait a minute..I live in the cornfields...Field of Dreams in my backyard.