ZED tickets

legacy-to-LCC

Veteran
Feb 20, 2004
i would like to purchase a ZED ticket on a DL flight originating at JFK. and, i'd really like to avoid going through PHL or CLT to get to JFK! i am not sure, however, where ZED tickets can be issued? can, for example, our ticket counter at JFK realistically issue ZED tickets?

any help or direction would be enormously helpful--thank you in advance!!

i would like to purchase a ZED ticket on a DL flight originating at JFK. and, i'd really like to avoid going through PHL or CLT to get to JFK! i am not sure, however, where ZED tickets can be issued? can, for example, our ticket counter at JFK realistically issue ZED tickets?

Any US ticket counter should be able to issue ZED tickets. Just make sure the counter is open when you will be there!

Be very careful buying a Zed fare. I bought one from IAD-BRU-IAD and I was charged the full fare $4900
bucks. I thought that the agent refunded it. I had to call employee travel to get it cleared up.

wopr

You can purchase ZED tickets at any US ticket counter but make sure that you find an agent that knows how to make up a ZED ticket. Mistakes on taxes and other foibles can cause a crimp in your travel plans. If you have a friend at the counter at your station, have them do it if they are a veteran and feel comfortable with such things.

You can purchase ZED tickets at any US ticket counter but make sure that you find an agent that knows how to make up a ZED ticket.

Good advice. I'd recommend not getting a ZED ticket issued at a "US Airways" ticket counter staffed with contract personnel unless it's an emergency.

Jim

Good advice. I'd recommend not getting a ZED ticket issued at a "US Airways" ticket counter staffed with contract personnel unless it's an emergency.

Jim
And make sure any international ZED tickets that you may need are purchased before you leave the US. There are countless horror stories from people that have been stranded or had to buy full fare tickets thanks to staff that can not handle those transactions.

Latest posts

Back