1 Billion In Financing For Merger

fanlube said:
I think the question everybody wants to know is how are the everyday workers going to be affected are there going to be more jobs lost, or are they going to be adding jobs and hopefully after totally screwing up the 2 previous mergers with PSA and Piedmont they get this one right!!
[post="269846"][/post]​
what they failed to do right the past 2 times was eliminate and consolidate....i do believe they will get it right this time and it will shake things to the very core.
remember all the outsource at the last IAM contract modification?? tip of the iceberg people.....hp will buy us through some manuvering while we are in BK but our name will carry on......i ask,how many heavy checks does HP do???duh........ :shock:

I'm sorry, xoxo, I thought you meant in US colors, not in house.

From what's been published so far it's still up in the air whether the 170's will be sold to Republic or not. Some of the articles hint that Republic's $125 million equity investment has possibly been replaced but nothing says much one way or the other about the $110 aircraft/slot sale.

After all that, the short answer is that it's up in the air....

Jim

"Not sure if I can get used to the phrase "fixin" as used by our brethren to the south of NJ."

What's to get used to - sounds perfectly normal to me......

Jim

USA320Pilot said:
What's important here and the real message is that mutliple investors have reviewed the business plan and want to invest in the new holding company. That speaks well for US Airways and America West about what the financial community thinks about the strength of the business plan. These investors are putting their money where their mouth is.
[post="269813"][/post]​

How many of those investors would be left unsecured if US liquidated tomorrow.

Republic is pretty screwed. Airbus is in a pinch.

The real question is how many entities without exposure are willing to risk large sums of money? From what's leaked thus far, that number is less than "stunning." The sole exceptions to this are Air Wisconsin (who gets to place all the RJs it wants at U at guaranteed profit margins for 10 years) and Air Canada (who will recoup their investment and then some by grabbing heavy from the fools in Alabama).

TPG funding CO and HP singlehandedly was "stunning." This is "begging" (on CCY's part) and "hoping" (on the large equity's part) that Doug Parker can turn the whole thing around.

And before we forget, US has torched thru almost a billion dollars in a bit over two years. Add to that the merger costs, and even 1.5 or 2 billion won't last all that long if current nonlabor costs are not addressed.

Clue:

The new financing will be about $1.5 billion. Keep up the "naysayer" comments with your "ax to grind". I know -- it's tough for you to be wrong, again.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

BoeingBoy said:
I'm sorry, xoxo, I thought you meant in US colors, not in house.

From what's been published so far it's still up in the air whether the 170's will be sold to Republic or not. Some of the articles hint that Republic's $125 million equity investment has possibly been replaced but nothing says much one way or the other about the $110 aircraft/slot sale.

After all that, the short answer is that it's up in the air....

Jim
[post="269876"][/post]​

Ugh, let's hope they stay in house. The thought of some "commuter" flying 100 seat airliners across the nation in US colors while US/HP mainline crews get furloughed doesn't sit well with me at all.

I want to know what is so special about the business plan that has all of these people wanted to throw money at this new entity. Does HP have an secret oil well under Arizona bay? How is this deal going to increase RASM or decrease jet fuel prices?