A350s For Us And Awa

luvthe9

Veteran
Aug 30, 2002
US Airways close to $1bn in new financing

CHICAGO (Financial Times) - America West and US Airways are finalising details of a wide-ranging financing package that could provide more than $1bn in new financing for their proposed merger, including up to $500m in equity, helping to address fears about their weak balance sheets.
Details could emerge as early as this week. The two airlines are seeking three or four equity investors who would put in $125m each. The preliminary list includes Air Canada, Par Capital, a leading financial investor in America West, and Air Wisconsin, a regional partner, according to several people involved in the talks.

US Airways, Amer West Hope To Announce Merger

By Susan Carey

Of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL

NEW YORK (Dow Jones) - US Airways Group Inc. (UAIRQ) and America West Holdings Corp. (AWA) hope to announce a merger later this week and are in advanced negotiations with potential equity investors to raise as much as $400 million, according to people close to the situation.

deleted - POST THE LINK

WOW!! This just really great news. Who would have thought that little old Allegheny Airlines would grow into what it looks like in a few years time will become a truly global airline called US Airways. Very impressive indeed. I really looking forward to being a part of this. Best of luck to all of the employees of US Airways and America West.
OK nonw for the A350s...this is where they need to go. Philadelphia-Tokyo,Beijing,Johannesburg,Tel Aviv...Phoenix-Tokyo,Frankfurt,London...Las Vegas-Tokyo,Frankfurt. Who knows..just my wish list. I think PHL-JNB would be such a great route for US. With SAA joing STAR next year im sure it would bring in the bucks.

People, don't count your chickens till the eggs hatch. The A350 is not even fully designed yet.

I voted NO and I am proud of it, someone has to stop corporate greed, but your group has all ready proven you will pay US to come to work.

I hope you are glad that your concessions paid off Seigel, Cohen and now the current band of thieves at CCY.

If everyone thought like your group, we would all be slaves again.

And what I posted is factual, people are getting excited over something that has not happend and the A350 is not even a designed airplane yet and is not expected to go into service for five or six years if it ever gets the green light to be built.

Don't let reality get in your way of thinking.

Everyone needs to relax! Let's see what the MBAs figure out and then we can speculate on how it will/will not impact everyone or how good/bad of an idea the whole package is. We may all have hated Wolf and Rakesh for one reason or another, but they both said US needed to merge to be successful long term. I still haven't seen anything that has debunked their statements.

700UW said:
People, don't count your chickens till the eggs hatch. The A350 is not even fully designed yet.
[post="269765"][/post]​

I hope that someday BOTH you and usa320pilot are senior on the A350...in your respective fields.

Best to all at U.....you are the best!

Soooo,

Would we have better to shut the airline down, rather than work harder for less?

Or are we better off to be around later to be with the mergered airline, then fight our way back to better pay & working conditions once we work for a financially strong airline.

(by the way, costs need to come down further for the merger to work and the combined entity to be competitive)

We (pilots & all employee groups) are not slaves, we are now working under a LCC style contract.

You are free to leave, if that were not true you could claim you are a slave.

700UW said:
I voted NO and I am proud of it, someone has to stop corporate greed, but your group has all ready proven you will pay US to come to work.

I hope you are glad that your concessions paid off Seigel, Cohen and now the current band of thieves at CCY.

If everyone thought like your group, we would all be slaves again.

And what I posted is factual, people are getting excited over something that has not happend and the A350 is not even a designed airplane yet and is not expected to go into service for five or six years if it ever gets the green light to be built.

Don't let reality get in your way of thinking.
[post="269772"][/post]​

How low will you go?

The US ALPA has lowered the bar so far it is disgusting, and yes I would rather would have seen the employees stand up to corporate greed then to let the thieves at CCY get richer out of our wallets.

It is called taking a stand, stands are painful, but we would not be a free and democratic country if it was not for the sacrifices of people with integrity and principles, something that ALPA is lacking.

People died for the right to organize and the right for collective bargaining, those same people are rolling in their graves.

Isn't WN the mother of all LCCs?

I believe they are, then how can it be that their employees are the highest % of unionized employees and the highest compensated in the industry and their company has been profitible for over 30 years straight.

Explain that one.

700UW:

700UW Said: 'The US ALPA has lowered the bar so far it is disgusting."

USA320Pilot comments: During bankruptcy II the IAM gave more than 40% more than the company's "ask". This was the highest percentage "give" over the "ask" out of any union. Moreover, the IAM gave up their DB pension too.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Your right it won't be in service till 2010 I think, just thought it might be a little good news for a change.