A350s For Us And Awa

Lets see, were you in negotiations for the IAM?

You are not an IAM member, A General Chairman, a Negotiator for the IAM or any union, you are just a regular LINE PILOT, but I guess you will never understand that concept.

The IAM did not give 40% over the ask, the ask was met in the final offer, not a tentative agreement. Every union's "ask" rose when the compay filed, the ask for the IAM was $267 million for all three groups.

The Ramp and M&R did not reach an agreement, but the Maintenance Instructors did.

And the DB plan was terminated by Judge Mitchell, not voted away by the Mechanic and Related membership.

Once again, don't let the facts get in your way.

700UW said:
People, don't count your chickens till the eggs hatch.  The A350 is not even fully designed yet.
[post="269765"][/post]​
Your right I think it will be ready around 2010, just thought it might be some good news for a change!

luvthe9 said:
Your right I think it will be ready around 2010, just thought it might be some good news for a change!
[post="269810"][/post]​

2010-2011 is the last I saw. The design isn't supposed to be finalized till December at the earliest.

But new airplanes are always good news. In this case for those that will be around long enough to see them.

Jim

700UW said:
I voted NO and I am proud of it, someone has to stop corporate greed, but your group has all ready proven you will pay US to come to work.

I hope you are glad that your concessions paid off Seigel, Cohen and now the current band of thieves at CCY.

If everyone thought like your group, we would all be slaves again.

And what I posted is factual, people are getting excited over something that has not happend and the A350 is not even a designed airplane yet and is not expected to go into service for five or six years if it ever gets the green light to be built.

Don't let reality get in your way of thinking.
[post="269772"][/post]​

700UW:

Sorry you're so angry about this (not).
Looks like the bus is ready to leave the
terminal and you might not get on.

700UW said:
How low will you go?

Isn't WN the mother of all LCCs?

SpinDoc replies:

Domestically they are the mother of
all LCC's, but they ARE NOT a player
in the International or Carribbean
markets as of now. It looks like the
capital markets are betting on the
International markets as the wave
of the future for US/HP because the
profits are much bigger.

Oh, and by the way, the only way
WN can continue to make profits
in the future is to enter new markets.
It's expensive to do so, and as their
workforce ages and seniority creeps
up, they will be on the downside
of the coin, just as US/HP are on
the upside.

SpinDoc said:
700UW said:
How low will you go?

Isn't WN the mother of all LCCs?

SpinDoc replies:

It's expensive to do so, and as their
workforce ages and seniority creeps
up, they will be on the downside
of the coin, just as US/HP are on
the upside.
[post="269899"][/post]​

And just how does HP/US not have the same issue regarding ages and seniority?

DC

700UW said:
People, don't count your chickens till the eggs hatch. The A350 is not even fully designed yet.
[post="269765"][/post]​
I do not agree with everything 700UW says but the above is a REASONABLE response to the GIDDY post that preceded it. If there are ANY employees in the world that deserve some good news it is US. We have endured enough. But, the track record of management is failure/lies/screwed employees/bonuses for themselves. All the investment parties have the same management clubs running their show. I hope there comes a day when we can be giddy again. Unlike some on this board, they will have to prove it to me.

So as I understand it the A350 is a souped-up A330, right? I wonder would US get the A332 sized one or the A333 sized one.

Assuming they replace the 10 767s, that's an additional 10. :up:

By the way, doesn't America West still have orders for the A318? Maybe they will let an Express carrier fly them since they only have 100 seats as opposed to the big jumbo A319. :rolleyes:

The A350 could be called a "souped-up" 330, I guess. Using the engines being designed for the 787, reducing empty weight thru use of more composits, and increasing the max wt allows increasing the range to compete with the 787.

There'll be the long-range version - about 8600 mile range and seat arount 235-245 or so, and then the higher capacity version with shorter range - seems like something around 7500 miles but seating about 285.

I don't recall ever seeing that one was a 332 derivitive while the other is a 333 derivative, but that makes sense with the different seating capacities.

Jim