100 Seaters For Eagle?

jimntx,

If AMR had their way we would be crossed trained and the AA f/a's and AE f/a's would fly each others equipment. We the AA f/a's would make what the AE f/a's are currently making. I better not give any ideas to the "Sky Nazis" at AMR.

wrx said:
jimntx,

If AMR had their way we would be crossed trained and the AA f/a's and AE f/a's would fly each others equipment. We the AA f/a's would make what the AE f/a's are currently making. I better not give any ideas to the "Sky Nazis" at AMR.
I agree.

Having to work at Eagle pay rates would be degrading.

planemech669 said:
What would be worse?

Working at Eagle rates or not working at all?
Not working at all.

What would be worse? Working for AA, post pay cuts, or working for Eagle? My answer would be, working for Eagle.

I believe, without having the numbers to back it up, that AA could make the 100 seaters work. But I think that management it looking at not just making a profit, but on making the most profit. Sure, Eagle could provide jobs to a lot of people, but AA jobs are generally better. You may actually be able raise a family.

My view of Eagle always has been, even when I worked there, that it was a stepping stone to AA. If Eagle gets the 100 seaters, there will be very few domestic AA jobs available because Eagle will takeover even more domestic routes, which means, there will be no moving up from Eagle. Eagle rates will be it for the rest of your career.

If my memory serves me correctly, the APA contract now allows for domestic codesharing. If this is correct, I think that the APA should do everything possible to keep AA from selling Eagle. Once Eagle is sold, they could buy any size aircraft they wish and AA could still codeshare on them. All domestic flying, maintenance, dispatch, and ground handling would be done by Eagle. Sure, the stockholders, including top management, may like this, but it would do nothing to help AA employees, or Eagle employees who hope to one day make a living wage.

I have always thought that the APA needed to be more flexible in allowing RJs, but giving up 100 seat flying to Eagle, or any other entity, is not something I was hoping for.

AA management has a unique opportunity here. They have great flexibility in work rules, and the lowest wages they've seen in years. Hopefully they'll do the right thing.