1113e Filed - Check 800- Usdaily

The judge will schedule a hearing.

Funny how the company waited till 11:19PM to release the press information.

This place is doomed.

The court must hold a hearing by law within 14 days of the filing, but with the ATSB requirements it's likely to be sooner. In my opinion, the hearing will occur before October 1 so US Airways can have the cuts in place at the beginning of the fourth quarter.

The judge will have two choices: implement the company's proposal (motion) or accept the union's proposal. There is no in-between.

If the judge does not grant the company's motion the airline will violate terms of the ATSB covenants and it's my understanding the bankruptcy proceeding would convert to a Chapter 7 liquidation.

This motion is sad and it did not have to occur, but union leadership has caused this to happen. The only way to avoid a 23% pay cut is to negotiate new agreements with the company.

Finally, if this would have been done outside of bankruptcy there would have still been the 279 minimum fleet count, but now that could be reduced to about 150 aircraft, with out of seniority furloughs, no severance pay, no MDA options, and 16,000 total furloughs, all due to the union unwillingness to participate in the new business plan, which was lead by the RC4.

700UW, is this enough "pain" yet?

There is nothing we can do about the past, only move forward and try to limit the damage going forward.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I feel no pain.

And the 1113e motion is not a slam dunk, and I don't want to hear about your ALPA advisors, their track record speaks for itself. Remember these are the same "experts" who told you to take concessions to save your pension.

See I am not scared, but is seems you are.

Got your three stripes ready yet for your uniform shirts?

Please leave your opinions that "it is my understanding that the bankruptcy proceeding would convert to a chpt. 7 liquidation." You do not have any inside information. You're not a player just an opinionated messenger.

-fatburger-

700UW said:
I feel no pain.

And the 1113e motion is not a slam dunk, and I don't want to hear about your ALPA advisors, their track record speaks for itself. Remember these are the same "experts" who told you to take concessions to save your pension.

[post="184316"][/post]​
[/quote

3 stripes........??? Don't you really mean his orange apron for Home Depot? :D

fatburger said:
Please leave your opinions that "it is my understanding that the bankruptcy proceeding would convert to a chpt. 7 liquidation." You do not have any inside information. You're not a player just an opinionated messenger.

-fatburger-
[post="184318"][/post]​

Aren't we a little bitter? Wasn't A320 saying something about 1113 being filed soon after Chap. 11. 700 and the rest of the lemmings said it would never happen.

Well, it happened.

Guess someone's legal advisors are eating crow pie this week.

Itrade,

I never said it would not be filed.

Please show me the post where I said it was not going to filed.

And I am so glad a lawyer of your candor has to insult people instead of keeping to the topic at hand.

jwp767 said:
700UW said:
I feel no pain.

[post="184316"][/post]​
[/quote

3 stripes........??? Don't you really mean his orange apron for Home Depot? :D
[post="184320"][/post]​

To true. The company's shrinking approach has almost shrunk itself into oblivion as it is. The 150 airplane plane plan that keeps eing touted will be all she wrote for UAIR. UAIR will never be Jetblue and to try will be fool hardy. They would have to have the same aircraft, same tecnology platform, same longevity for employees, same employee morale, same customer repour, same marketing strategy, overhead unencumbered by 60 years of operation, same strategy, and same route structure. Jet blue plans to be a 300 aircraft 25,000 employee airline by 2015 and UAIR's competitve response would be competeing with a shrinking 150 airplane airline and 12,00 employees. Ha, that will surely work. Not to mention the breathtaking accelerated grwoth Airtran, Southwest, and Jetblue will enjoy with such a pulldown. Wow what a concept, lets jump start the growth of these better operated companies, while destroying employe morale and then with a smaller airline that won't be a clone because it isn't possible compete with even bigger stronger, healthier LCC's that will have accelerated growth because of our shrink to profitability strategy. Sure that will work, in "USA320Pilot world".

All I have to say to those posters that have on blinders is the company will get what they want. This entire process has been thought through carefully and each step is certain to be in the company's favor. These guys are financial experts and they know what it will take to satisfy the creditors and that is what they will do. Labor and any lawyers they want to send to cout will not interfer with this process. Bottom line this a stacked deck!!!!!!

You were ranting ad nauseum that it could not be filed within a certain time; you also chided others for predicting that 1113 would be filed soon after the initial filing was submitted.

How about the following chide:
"Guess you are wrong once again ... The airline, in its second bankruptcy in two years, said it will continue to seek agreements instead of asking the court to cancel contracts in a proceeding called an 1113 motion."

Or this one:
"Lets see you are not a union rep, nor ever negotiated a collective bargaining agreement, nor are you a bankrutpcy judge or attorney.

You have no idea just like the rest of the employees what will happen."

This motion is sad and it did not have to occur, but union leadership has caused this to happen. The only way to avoid a 23% pay cut is to negotiate new agreements with the company.

Yea, we can negotiate so they can give us the 30plus percent paycut they offered the CWA previously.

:up: all this is happening because 3 yrs ago wolf asked for pay scale around
16.44 a hr and employees and alpa said no to rj flying.cost me my job.well look out how does it feel now .alpa iam cwa sold there fellow workers down the drain.
big cities keep the big money right there and told the stl mem cle avp bgm day
abe and so on to work for nothing while we will enjoy are 20 plus a hr.
well what goes around comes around. WELL JUSTICE IS PREVAILING,YOU GUYS
SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN SO GREEDY. GREED KILLS AND YOU SHOT YOURSELF
RIGHT IN THE POCKET BOOK.

but union leadership has caused this to happen. The only way to avoid a 23% pay cut is to negotiate new agreements with the company.

Finally, if this would have been done outside of bankruptcy there would have still been the 279 minimum fleet count, but now that could be reduced to about 150 aircraft, with out of seniority furloughs, no severance pay, no MDA options, and 16,000 total furloughs, all due to the union unwillingness to participate in the new business plan, which was lead by the RC4.

We had all this stuff the first time around "Sign this boys and save the pension, jobs and control the pay cuts"

Yet, we still lost more in BK.

Sheesh!

USA320Pilot said:
"This motion is sad and it did not have to occur, but union leadership has caused this to happen. The only way to avoid a 23% pay cut is to negotiate new agreements with the company."

I guess this has nothing to do with poor management.... its all the unions falt. How much of a pay cut are our 39 Chairman Prefered Vice Presidents, or ex company exc who fly space pos on $7,000 tickets while our paying passengers stay behind with a fat $600.oo credit voucher.... sometimes two. Wait its the unions fault that we have plenty of golden parachutes. No its the unions fault that we give 10,000 dividen miles for looking both ways before crossing the street. Then its also the unions fault that we have 400 calls on hold at the only two res centers that are left (which are in the same time zone... great idea there) so our passengers who dont want to wait on hold for 2 hours to book flight just call someone else instead. That too is the faults of the union groups. How much of a cut is our good friend Jerry Glass taking? I mean he doesnt fly space pos.... he flys on a rev tix... paid for with his Us Airways corprate card. Then he'll take his family on vacaion on the miles he earns with that card.... and pay the taxes on these tix with his card as well. Are we blind here? or are we stupid? I see the flight loads. I see where VP are going. What do you see Mr 320? Poor management decisons? Naw the uniom caused this to happen right? We sign our own paychecks. We were the one who said HEY BA let us borrow some cash so you can screw us over... The unions were the one who said HEY UNITED want to buy airline .... while we wait for the paperwork to go through ... we'll just run it into the ground, cause it doesnt matter to us.... we have a golden parachute. I bet the unions group came up with the idea.... Hey Pittsburgh lets build this great international airport.... we'll pay, please dont forget to reject the lease as one of our local leaders call to tell you how happy he is that the company made it through chapter 11 so quickly. Oh yeah not only are we going to reject the lease and stick you with the bill, but we also destroy your local economy by putting thousands out of work. Now you can have this International Airport without any International flights. Its Ok instead we'll pay millions in golden parachute instead and make sure we fly these people and thier families for free space pos and leave our hard working paying passenger behind for the next days flight. Those damn unions doing this..... also its was the unions fault that meetings were cancelled to discus agreements on labor contracts, it is so important to get this done.... time is running out we need to get these agreements... so we'll keep on canceling meetings and take it court. Well I have sugestion for you mr 320. Cut the mangement staff buy 23%..... give them the workload that I have. Make thier 6 figure salaries into a five figure and get the management cost the same as LLC. Get the costs as low as America West (who has been rated as the worst customer service in the industry) just goes to show that you get what you pay for.

Latest posts

Back