Report Says Sunday Is Bk Filing

USFlyer said:
Not really sure what to say to that. I guess if I were in the same situation, I would have left at this point. Working in such a negative, crisis prone environment probably would have gotten to me at this point.
[post="177809"][/post]​

I suppose for many of us here that have put in 15-20-25-30 years or much more are always of the hope that it is the last concession, that negotaitions still can work and balance can be achieved.

But, with U, and this new managment of 2 years, that is not the case.

Allow me to emphasize: It takes a while for labor to figure out as a collective group that we've been had and busted. And most of this story is all about conspiracy to gutt unions and bust the future organizing drives with any other company. There are not enough laws to protect labor and the worker, and these kinds of corporations have been protected and allowed to run-a-muck.

After all, its a Republican agenda who are anti-labor. All that is currently happening and in place, you must realize by now, is not about 9/11. 9/11 was more of an impetus-exucse for the airline managments and BOD's to rob us of our professions and livable wage and pensions in this industry.

And as I wrote out two years ago on this very forum...about a "domino effect" of airline concessions has absolutely come to fruition...and is still alive and well and breeding in Corporate America.

PineyBob said:
Not sure they are doing the right thing. Not sure they aren't either. I smell a rat here. A big fat juicy one. Just not sure but somebody here is acting with a hidden agenda. I've been an observer long enough in business to sense when things aren't right!

Somebody is lying. Who I don't know and there is to much at stake for this tomfoolery.
[post="177816"][/post]​
Piney, all we can do is CONTINUE to push aircraft safely through the sky. You bet someone is lying..so what else is new! This time the ONLY option is to go the judge...and believe you me...we all fear that....but a partial unknown is better than dealing with the thieves we truly know. Things are NOT right. Thanks for your concern. Greeter.

700UW said:
Most analysts believe that while US Airways has the money to make the $110 million pension payment, a payoff would probably drop cash reserves to a point where the airline would fall out of compliance with terms of its loan guarantee, which are measured Sept. 30.
[post="177485"][/post]​

What's ironic is this $110 million payment is owed to the IAM and AFA pension plans (maybe management's too), that weren't touched in US Airways first Ch 11 filing, yet it has been ALPA and the pilot group (who lost THEIR pension during the last bankruptcy) that have been negotiating to take additional massive concessions, while the other unions are barely talking, to presumably save the company from another Ch 11 filing, and allow US Airways to make this pension payment to the OTHER union’s pension.

I fail to see why this “crisisâ€￾ to make this pension payment to the other unions is ALPA's problem.

supercruiser

Supercruiser,

All of our pensions are in jeopardy, including the pilots defined Contribution payment that is due monthly. That contribution is millions (and I will spare ALPA and not put the approx amount on this forum). But, its yearly contribution is more than both AFA and IAM put together.

Whether the co. secures agreements with all of labor tomorrow or in 3 months, the pension payment is DUE on wed. regardless. The only way to get out of that...is BK.

That was always their intent, IMO.

With regard to securing a T/A with ALPA first....it was ALPA who literally RAN to the table to negotiate. We got a new CEO on April 11 and I believe ALPA was at the table that week...no hesitation and no questions asked.

What did you expect? The company needed ALPA to be at a T/A before a BK filing to use that as pressure for IAM, CWA and AFA while IN BK.

Get real.

PineyBob said:
Last Friday one of my co- workers decided to end his life.
[post="177829"][/post]​

Bob:

I'm sorry to hear that. My best wishes go out to you and his family.

PineyBob said:
If it all turns to feces, I'll help write your resumes free of charge. I used to do the for extra money when I was younger. So PM me if you need help

Just to let all of you know I am booked up through November on US Airways.

In fact I'm even visiting Ireland on my own money.

I appreciate what you all do for me when I fly. Via Con Dios my friends, Via Con Dios to us all!
[post="177829"][/post]​
A true friend to the employees of U...INDEED. Thanks Bob. Greeter. For gosh sakes, we appreciate your business.

PITbull said:
usflyer,

If you think the co will move to abrogate, then what's the point of labor agreeing to taking these huge cuts.

Its all the same, now or later. The point is that labor should not capitulate, because it is NOT ok.

Preserving a job that does not pay ones bills and you end up losing everything, is the same as having no job and losing everything.

The net-end result is the same.
[post="177807"][/post]​
I promised myself I would no longer chime in, but on this I can't help it.

This is pure union headed crap, nothing more.

To hear you and the other union talking heads spewing your union insanity everyone outside of U is not living! They sure as hell don't make what most U employees make and that is even with additional pay cuts, so get real!

In the real world people don't make close to $20 for sweeping the floors, or dumping waste trucks or delivering parts. Mechanics at a good place don't make what U mechanics would make even with additional cuts. Serving people drinks on planes and smiling doesn't require a neurology background with eight years of medical school.

Airline workers have always been paid above the average worker and now that the reality is facing you people to join the crowd of everyday working people, it's not livable. Hell you never worried about all the other people not making what you consider a livable wage, but of course they didn't belong to your flock of union paying drones.

Livable wage must mean to be able to have servants to wash and iron your clothes and cook and feed you, I guess. The national average wage is not what airline workers make by far, so stop your rants of livable wage for crying out loud, it’s crazy!

And 700, when this mess is all over and you find yourself out in the cold, go tell that future employer all about the workings of the union and see if he gives a rats behind or if he will even hire you knowing your obsessions with the union.

Like I said before unions are only as good as the membership who make them up and people today have no backbone like in the 30’s, too tame and therefore the unions are dead in the water

Being on the outside looking in, trust me there will not be many tears shed for the poor U employees making less the only sympathy you will get is everyone does feel U employees have been treated badly by bad and greedy management teams.

You can’t get blood from a dried up dead animal, let alone a self perceived and very distorted “Livable Wageâ€￾, but you can…GET REAL!

"In that event, the airline is considering a bankruptcy filing without debtor-in-possession financing, a standard feature of most Chapter 11 cases. Instead, it would rely on cash on hand to finance its operations and would explore whether it needed additional financing in the future."

Complete Story

USA320Pilot asks: Who first reported the information cut and pasted above on this message board?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

"USA320Pilot asks: Who first reported the information cut and pasted above on this message board?"

A sad day for all US AIRWAYS employees, I am truly sorry, then you have to read this self serving, self centered idiots missives. UFB!!
I wish you all the very best.

cavalier said:
I promised myself I would no longer chime in, but on this I can't help it.

This is pure union headed crap, nothing more.

To hear you and the other union talking heads spewing your union insanity everyone outside of U is not living! They sure as hell don't make what most U employees make and that is even with additional pay cuts, so get real!

In the real world people don't make close to $20 for sweeping the floors, or dumping waste trucks or delivering parts. Mechanics at a good place don't make what U mechanics would make even with additional cuts. Serving people drinks on planes and smiling doesn't require a neurology background with eight years of medical school.

Airline workers have always been paid above the average worker and now that the reality is facing you people to join the crowd of everyday working people, it's not livable. Hell you never worried about all the other people not making what you consider a livable wage, but of course they didn't belong to your flock of union paying drones.

Livable wage must mean to be able to have servants to wash and iron your clothes and cook and feed you, I guess. The national average wage is not what airline workers make by far, so stop your rants of livable wage for crying out loud, it’s crazy!

And 700, when this mess is all over and you find yourself out in the cold, go tell that future employer all about the workings of the union and see if he gives a rats behind or if he will even hire you knowing your obsessions with the union.

Like I said before unions are only as good as the membership who make them up and people today have no backbone like in the 30’s, too tame and therefore the unions are dead in the water

Being on the outside looking in, trust me there will not be many tears shed for the poor U employees making less the only sympathy you will get is everyone does feel U employees have been treated badly by bad and greedy management teams.

You can’t get blood from a dried up dead animal, let alone a self perceived and very distorted “Livable Wageâ€￾, but you can…GET REAL!
[post="177846"][/post]​

Sorry Cav, you must have my wage mistaken for your huge wage. Or are we paid the same? Last time I checked, the average mechanic was making 1 1/2 times what a f/a makes on average AND THAT IS WITH NO OVERTIME. SOOOOO, what was your beef with this managment?

You sat here for the past year complaining about taking any deeper cuts. WhY didn't you? Since you are paid better than the average worker, than your stance should be different then sitting on here for months complaining about the co. union busters. That was your statment, or have we changed since we are no longer here? Funny, how you agreed with me way back when.

OR DO YOU HAVE NOW A DIFFERENT AGENDA????? Of course, its a different day, and you change like a camllion.

Get real, you say to me? You aren't real.

PITbull said:
Supercruiser,

All of our pensions are in jeopardy, including the pilots defined Contribution payment that is due monthly.

What did you expect? The company needed ALPA to be at a T/A before a BK filing to use that as pressure for IAM, CWA and AFA while IN BK.

[post="177831"][/post]​

All of the pensions (retirement plans) should have been in jeopardy the last Ch11. The other unions and management with pensions skated at ALPA's expense. They took a haircut while the others got a trim. The fact remains that the large cash payment due is because of existing pension plans that don't include ALPA. I agree that the plan is to go Ch11 anyway, as those pension plans were never going to be given up voluntarily, whether this current payment is made or not.

The company need to have a T/A with ALPA prior to BK filing putting pressure on the IAM, CWA and AFA is pretty weak, especially when you see what happened during the last Ch11. The other unions relaxed after ALPA took the initiative last time, as they knew that liquidation wasn't going to happen as long as the pilots were on board. They could and did afford to take a tougher stance, and ended up better off for it.

What's real this time is everyone might take a haircut, but I still don't see a bankruptcy judge abrogating a contract, as that would cause destruction of the airline, and don't see a BK judge wanting to be attached to that stigma. There has been no talk about abrogating contracts at all at either Hawaiian or UAL since they entered BK.

supercruiser

I feel like I should hear music on this thread. "Virgil Caine is the name...."

The filing does seem inevitable; it should be clear early in any bankruptcy what shape any successor organization might take. A motion to set aside the 279 aircraft floor, for instance, will say lots.