12" To 15" Forecasted For Phl

A very helpful USAirways representative (I called the gold number) got me on an earlier flight from PBI to PHL. It's scheduled to arrive at 2pm in PHL. Hopefully I have a chance to beat the worst part of the storm and get home.

Jay

USAirBoyA330 said:
I can tell you one thing. This Flight Attendant is not going ANYWHERE tomorrow afternoon if a blizzard warning is in effect. The State/Port police usually tell people that unless your ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL to keep off the roads and last year they ticketed people. Nope, I am not going to slide down I-95 and wreck my car for USAirways. If they need me bad enough they can either come get me or send transportation.
Should be interesting.
[post="241048"][/post]​
I don't blame you! I worked in res 23 years..had a 25 mile drive to work..I missed ONE day in 23 years because of snow..was it counted as an occurance? Of course! I spent my own unreimbursed money for hotel rooms etc. I was crazy but you do what you have to in a gestapo atmosphere of fear

JayBrian said:
A very helpful USAirways representative (I called the gold number) got me on an earlier flight from PBI to PHL. It's scheduled to arrive at 2pm in PHL. Hopefully I have a chance to beat the worst part of the storm and get home.
Jay
[post="241250"][/post]​

Thank you all for getting me home safely and ahead of schedule. Glenn "Hurricain" Schwartz just reported that PHL is now closed due to zero visability. My flight was probably one of the last to arrive before the closing.

Will,,,,,I agree,,,,,24 hours later would have provided an excuse to take a vacation day Monday too.

Jay

Just saw on the news that there are over 800 people sleeping at PHL tonight. The airport has officially been open again since 8 PM but nothing has really come in or gone out.

suppose to go on a temp assigment ,well I just cancelled,not worth it
no pension,no hoiday pay and not enough money

Latest posts