180° reclining seats for every passenger?

Oct 19, 2002
There''s much concern these days about the lack of space in airplane seats, and the stress and exhaustion that results from remaining in them for long periods of time.
As a frequent business traveler, I too spent many endless, sleepless nights aboard planes on intercontinental flights, which gave me a lot of time to think about a way to solve this problem. An initial idea took the form of a conceptual design for commercial aircraft passenger cabins, a design that can provide every passenger with a fully reclining seat and far more freedom to move about.
This solution, and the added space that it provides to every traveler, may also help in reducing the number of cases of travel-related DVT, a condition that has been linked to lack of mobility during prolonged periods of time.
I''d like to know what my fellow travelers think of this concept, so if you would like to take a close look at it, I invite you to visit this website:
http://www.airbornehotel.com
Have a good flight... and a good night!

Pictures weren't that great. Looks like a multi level seating. You would need an automated passenger loading system just to board the passengers in less than two hours. Not to mention the lawsuits when someone slips on what appears to be a ladder. After a couple of transcon flights the plane would need to be parked for a day to fix seats and change seat covers. It would take twice as long and twice the people to clean the aircraft. The cleaners do all they can now to get all the overnighters ready for the morning. They are spread thin. It would take too long on a turn and tie up a gate.

I remember when a past UA president spent a day in one of our domestic first/business class seats prior to purchasing. I for one think they are horrible. I would take an old 767-200 first class seat over any of the new stuff any day. I know many Premier Mileage Plus fliers and they asked if any of them were asked about seats. I don't think so. The people that were paying the highest fairs and were the most loyal at that time didn't have a say.

Sorry for getting off the subject a little.