2008?

Hopeful

Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
Just curious! AA wants these wages and workrule concessions permanent and ammendable 3/2008. Does this date apply to all management wages cuts from Carty on down to the lowest supervisor? Just curious!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/8/2003 8:18:09 AM Hopeful wrote:

Just curious! AA wants these wages and workrule concessions permanent and ammendable 3/2008. Does this date apply to all management wages cuts from Carty on down to the lowest supervisor? Just curious!
----------------
[/blockquote]
Management layoffs will stick until capacity returns.

Average management pay rates will increase by 2008 regardless of any type of pay cut/freeze. If I were to stay with the company until 2008, my pay may never change. However, since I'll be leaving the company in August, AA will have to replace me. Given that after my pay cut I'll be paid less than the average student from my school's most recent graduating class (pretty sad after 5 yrs, 2 promotions, 2 laterals, and 2 COLA raises), the chances are greater than zero that AA will be paying my replacement more than they would have paid me. The greater the turnover in management, the more likely it will be that average rates will increase.

This phenomenon will not happen with the TWU since your pay cuts will not cause your more senior people to be paid less than a new hire.