2015 AMT Discussion

Here's my list what the asso needs to bring back but I'm not counting on it. Delta plus 7 plus the asso needs to ask for more then delta plus 7 they need to bring double and a half on holidays 10 holidays 2 floating . Double time for any things over 4 hours plus double if you work on your second day off if you work your first. 56 sick/ personal time a year . That can accumulate year to year if not all used. 5.00 a hour for line premium. 10 dollor a hour crew chief premium pay .bring back shift differential pay . Not give up any consesions. I am all consesionsed out after 30 years of twu now it's our time if they can't get this and more it's time to kick the asso off the property

Reactions: 5 people
its been nine months since Parker and company gave everyone EXCEPT the association members an additional 4%. almost five months since the fix was in on the association. and we have seen almost nothing in communication in fact the negotiation committee meets once a month for each work group for ONE week at the DIRECTION of the association. im tired of working under a bankruptcy contract and hearing we want to pay you blah,blah,blah... and its complicated integrating two contracts blah,blah.blah. there comes a time when the damage is done the feelings to deeply hurt that no matter what you pay, if you ever get around to doing it that you will never be in the same class as Delta. till then im just taking space watching it sink a little more every day.

Reactions: 7 people
dfw gen said:
its been nine months since Parker and company gave everyone EXCEPT the association members an additional 4%. almost five months since the fix was in on the association. and we have seen almost nothing in communication in fact the negotiation committee meets once a month for each work group for ONE week at the DIRECTION of the association. im tired of working under a bankruptcy contract and hearing we want to pay you blah,blah,blah... and its complicated integrating two contracts blah,blah.blah. there comes a time when the damage is done the feelings to deeply hurt that no matter what you pay, if you ever get around to doing it that you will never be in the same class as Delta. till then im just taking space watching it sink a little more every day.

Right.  There is no sense of urgency with the negotiating team leaders because they have already hit their respective jackpots.  They are lying hypocrites, and are playing us for fools.  Because of their lack of desire to at least present a proposal to the company (in an effort to remove that excuse from the company) we are all losing a large sum of money.  We need to hold these people accountable.  One week per month of working on getting a proposal ready - is unacceptable, we are paying these asshats a lot of money to get this deal done.  If these negotiators were working on your house or car at this same speed, you would have fired them by now.  Trouble is, the way the system is set up these same individuals are pretty well insulated from a DFR type action.  What with plausible deniability and all.  

I wouldn't be surprised if we were still making the same posts two or three years down the road.  Of course by then the economy will have gone bad, the price of fuel will be up, and the company will say "sorry, you had your chance, maybe you should have signed an AMFA card after all."  "Sure glad you agreed to the Association."

Reactions: 2 people
You do realize that the TWU members on the NC make their classification pay and aren't full time staff?

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
You do realize that the TWU members on the NC make their classification pay and aren't full time staff?
You do realize these guys volunteered to run for office knowing what's ahead of them. Do you realize they collect a union salary as well. Do you realize that they are dragging their feet and seem to be in no hurry to put together a jcba. Do you realize both sides have contracts in place for years to come. Do you realize that the dues continue to flow regardless if we have a jcba or not. Do you realize that we are under contracts put together under bankruptcy and since then the company has made record breaking profits. Do you realize that meeting once a month for a few days to a week is not productive in working on a jcba. Do you realize the two sides still have issues to resolve before putting a jcba together. Do you realize that job cuts are coming resulting in loss of dues. Do you realize this future loss of dues is the reason the Association is stalling. Do you realize we the employees of American Airlines are losing thousands of dollars as each month goes by. Do you realize we do not want to hear an outsider such as yourself make excuses defending the IAM, the negotiators and the Association. Do you realize the Association said negotiations with the company will begin 30 days after the certification of the Association. Do you realize that should have started in May. Do you realize we are at the end of September and both sides have yet to meet and discuss a jcba. Do you realize most of us are over 50 years of age and can not afford to wait years before a jcba proposal is made let alone have a contract to vote on. Do you realize the Delta plus 7 or 3 or 0 by the time the Association moves it's butt will happen after we lose heads to a comparable level as Delta.

I realized one thing. The Association was never a good thing and today we are living proof of that. The Association was put together to save union dues on the IAM side and to keep the money flowing into the IAMPF. Any decent union would have conceded like the pilots and flight attendants did. They are moving on. They have their respective agreements in place. Good or bad they are looking towards the next step. We are bairly at the starting gate standing knee deep in manure.

Reactions: 14 people
700UW said:
I'm not in the IAMNPF, can you comprehend that?
I will be able to collect my terminated pension in a little over a year.
Learn to comprehend what you read.
Obviously you worry more about me posting here than making a difference in your workplace
Can you two guys PM or ignore each other. I hate to see another thread get locked.

Reactions: 3 people
You all have some good ideas and input. Why not put them to use? How much energy can be used to pressure your anointed reps who are not serving your needs?

Do you think starting a Facebook rant saying someone sucks helps your cause? I can tell you the company is chuckling with that.

Now I know why people like me and xUT, Lineguy43, and many others just shake our heads. We all have been there done that with the AMFA drive in the early 90's. We have the T-Shirts, worn out shoes, and crap stains on our back from the IAM trash. We were doing the grunt work while you guys pretended that it couldn't happen to you. Get organized or get out.

When is the last time you got a quorum at a meeting and passed a motion to stop something that sucked. Or better yet, passed a motion to get one of your guys paid to go lobby for AMT'S? Or more so, how many know even what Roberts Rules of Order is? Or what a quorum or motion is? You better know the rules of the game before you play to win folks.

You guys need to get in tune. We beat the old guard with grass roots effort. They were just like the people you are talking about. We pounded the ground and got people to work for us.

BTW, it takes more than starting a Facebook page saying someone sucks or being a keyboard warrior like many here.

Reactions: 4 people
The local here in Lax is telling us that the union is ready to negotiate and the company is not ready yet. In the last town hall meeting here the company(R. Isom) said the company is ready and just waiting on the union. So one or both are lying. The fact is, this bankruptcy contract is the last contract any of us will have , there  is ho new contract, no Delta plus 7 or any industry leading contract coming, its all smoke and mirrors. If you look at Jetnet and watch "DUI. Parker" addressing questions about "Delta Plus 7" he looks like a unprofessional bum( what do you expect from a drunk) slumped over his podium making no eye contact with the person asking the questions and dancing around the point. They are all bums at the top and so is the union. The only advise I can give is do as little as possible, be the most worthless employee you can be and steal anything that's not bolted down....the end is near.

iluvaa said:
The ASS is not ready but close according to 514 president
Is this the same guy who was walking on the floor telling everyone that we will vote on the Association? This guy is worried that heads are going to be cut system wide and Tulsa is not immune.

Reactions: 1 person
can anyone explain how Jim Little was able to agree on this ASS without a vote at the international level and Longordo or lombardo could not have pull out of it.

Heard from friends that 567 president said the association isn't ready yet. But getting close.

This is like from what I heard about the last negotiations, there would be meetings, at the meetings this negotiator would be quite, but then talk to his buddies and write letters creating dissension amongst the members.

It does none of us any good if the whole association isn't on the same page. If you are against the association so much (and I understand why) resign your position. Let the association fail on its own merits, don't create undue hardship on the members, mentally or financially.

ATD said:
can anyone explain how Jim Little was able to agree on this ASS without a vote at the international level and Longordo or lombardo could not have pull out of it.

You're out of order, brother !!