2015 Fleet Service thread

Did you really expect a little rinky dink airline like Spirit to pay our wages even if they only have people in FLL? Besides if FLL institutes an Airport minimum management will have to pay that rate anyway.

The ABSOLUTE most important thing they get in that agreement is Merger and Acquisition Protection language. Let's say one day SWA buys Spirit. SWA management will have to take those employees as well. You do understand that right Tim?

http://iam141.org/Spirit/docs/Spirit-Ramp-Agreement-2015-2020.pdf
I'm disappointed in you being a union apologist. I will do all I can to support the JetBlue employees from the IAM/Management invasion. What they did to our brothers and sisters in FLL Spirit was a brutality. No I didn't expect them to get $24 but Justice is a helluva lot more than where you stand at $14. McCaskill Bond Act gives them the merger rights, but the IAM settled for the putrid Alleghany Mohawk which is a dinosaur and has exterminated many a ramper through mergers. But who the hell cares anyways after 8 years and only $14. The Spirit ramper is much better off working at McDonalds anyways, after 8 years most McDonalds play far better, and some already start out at $15 at DOH. It isn't hard to imagine that in 3 years when they finally top $15, that the SEIU and social movements to gain $15 will already have passed this anti worker pro management contract. If any Labor guy stands with this contract, he is NOT a Labor guy and is ignorant! Watch out JetBlue!

Tim Nelson said:
I'm disappointed in you being a union apologist. I will do all I can to support the JetBlue employees from the IAM/Management invasion. What they did to our brothers and sisters in FLL Spirit was a brutality. No I didn't expect them to get $24 but Justice is a helluva lot more than where you stand at $14. McCaskill Bond Act gives them the merger rights, but the IAM settled for the putrid Alleghany Mohawk which is a dinosaur and has exterminated many a ramper through mergers. But who the hell cares anyways after 8 years and only $14. The Spirit ramper is much better off working at McDonalds anyways, after 8 years most McDonalds play far better, and some already start out at $15 at DOH. It isn't hard to imagine that in 3 years when they finally top $15, that the SEIU and social movements to gain $15 will already have passed this anti worker pro management contract. If any Labor guy stands with this contract, he is NOT a Labor guy and is ignorant! Watch out JetBlue!
All Jetblue management has to do is show their employees this contract. It should definitely deter them from any idea of organizing. Even though I think Jetblue should organize

Reactions: 1 person
Tim Nelson said:
Who the hell is going to be stupid enough to stay at Spirit in FLL for too long anyway? It's a stepping stone job into a better paying major is all. As soon as I got the job I'd have an application out for both AA and SWA and since I'm already badged I'd have a better chance at getting hired than the guy off the street.

Spirit won't even exist as an airline in a few more years.

All Jetblue management has to do is show their employees this contract. It should definitely deter them from any idea of organizing. Even though I think Jetblue should organize
I don't believe JetBlue should organize since the risk is substantial that all of them will lose their jobs. As 700 pointed out, since AMFA lost a court ruling, these airlines just contract everyone out once they organize. At Allegiant, they contracted out all remaining customer service during a organizing attempt. At Frontier, after the TWU successfully organized the ramp, management contracted out the entire ramp. At Spirit, after the IAM organized the ramp, Spirit contracted out all remaining stations except FLL. The reality is that if JetBlue ever thought about organizing, then it is MOST LIKELY that management will simply contract out all stations but may possibly spare JFK, if that.

Even with Delta, if they organize, we can be almost certain that all 5,000 cargo jobs would be eliminated, as Continental did when the IAM won that campaign, and all Delta stations will almost certainly be contracted out except possibly Atlanta. Then, we have also seen that the I Am Management Union just scrambles with rubber stamped contracts, like at Spirit, to fetch dues. Why unionize under this environment when you won't even have a job if you do?

Tim Nelson said:
I don't believe JetBlue should organize since the risk is substantial that all of them will lose their jobs. As 700 pointed out, since AMFA lost a court ruling, these airlines just contract everyone out once they organize. At Allegiant, they contracted out all remaining customer service during a organizing attempt. At Frontier, after the TWU successfully organized the ramp, management contracted out the entire ramp. At Spirit, after the IAM organized the ramp, Spirit contracted out all remaining stations except FLL. The reality is that if JetBlue ever thought about organizing, then it is MOST LIKELY that management will simply contract out all stations but may possibly spare JFK, if that.

Even with Delta, if they organize, we can be almost certain that all 5,000 cargo jobs would be eliminated, as Continental did when the IAM won that campaign, and all Delta stations will almost certainly be contracted out except possibly Atlanta. Then, we have also seen that the I Am Management Union just scrambles with rubber stamped contracts, like at Spirit, to fetch dues. Why unionize under this environment when you won't even have a job if you do?
You right there is a chance at outsourcing, the Jetblue people better not expect to much. Tim how many years did Parker say we were to small did not make the revenue therefore will be paid less. Fast forward to now and the looming pilot shortage Jetblue will have to pay their pilots competitive rates with the big four all lose them. That money will have to come from somewhere, all other employees will take the hit

You right there is a chance at outsourcing, the Jetblue people better not expect to much. Tim how many years did Parker say we were to small did not make the revenue therefore will be paid less. Fast forward to now and the looming pilot shortage Jetblue will have to pay their pilots competitive rates with the big four all lose them. That money will have to come from somewhere, all other employees will take the hit
a chance? Actually, I am almost certain that they all will lose their jobs if history is our teacher. Same with Delta. These unions don't care either. Better to hang on to what they have at JetBlue instead of tossing a $21 job out the door. If I were JetBlue, or even working at Delta [anywhere but ATL] I would not want a union election. If I were in ATL then I'd think about it. Labor laws passed them by. Sorry.

Tim Nelson said:
a chance? Actually, I am almost certain that they all will lose their jobs if history is our teacher. Same with Delta. These unions don't care either. Better to hang on to what they have at JetBlue instead of tossing a $21 job out the door. If I were JetBlue, or even working at Delta [anywhere but ATL] I would not want a union election. If I were in ATL then I'd think about it. Labor laws passed them by. Sorry.
Tim you are familiar with this, approximately how much our dues money will go to try and organize jetblue?

Worldport said:
Tim you are familiar with this, approximately how much our dues money will go to try and organize jetblue?
not sure on the total numbers but the IAM fired the brainchilds of us who strategized and produced the 3 IAM wins [AirTran, United]. They kept stasis [who I fired at AirTran due to suspicions], Fredrikson, who is an illiterate, and Lehive who has zero people skills. To date, they completely botched Delta, presumably with 2,000 more left handed cards, while jetblue and horizon are an absolute disaster. They don't know what they are doing.

Tim Nelson said:
not sure on the total numbers but the IAM fired the brainchilds of us who strategized and produced the 3 IAM wins [AirTran, United]. They kept stasis [who I fired at AirTran due to suspicions], Fredrikson, who is an illiterate, and Lehive who has zero people skills. To date, they completely botched Delta, presumably with 2,000 more left handed cards, while jetblue and horizon are an absolute disaster. They don't know what they are doing.
I'd like to know the dollar figure someone should be accountable. I'm sure you  had an expense account when you were organizing

Tim Nelson said:
I don't believe JetBlue should organize since the risk is substantial that all of them will lose their jobs. As 700 pointed out, since AMFA lost a court ruling, these airlines just contract everyone out once they organize. At Allegiant, they contracted out all remaining customer service during a organizing attempt. At Frontier, after the TWU successfully organized the ramp, management contracted out the entire ramp. At Spirit, after the IAM organized the ramp, Spirit contracted out all remaining stations except FLL. The reality is that if JetBlue ever thought about organizing, then it is MOST LIKELY that management will simply contract out all stations but may possibly spare JFK, if that.Even with Delta, if they organize, we can be almost certain that all 5,000 cargo jobs would be eliminated, as Continental did when the IAM won that campaign, and all Delta stations will almost certainly be contracted out except possibly Atlanta. Then, we have also seen that the I Am Management Union just scrambles with rubber stamped contracts, like at Spirit, to fetch dues. Why unionize under this environment when you won't even have a job if you do?

"Better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven"

Milton, Paradise Lost.

Tim Nelson said:
Kev your friend believes that you should shut it down. Do you agree with his opinion?

Tim Nelson said:
I've heard that they love you too.

Worldport said:
I'd like to know the dollar figure someone should be accountable. I'm sure you  had an expense account when you were organizing
Airtran was budgeted at $275,000 but i got people to double up hotel rooms as i often did as well to cut cost but still being reasonable. Jetblue is costing at least $1 million a year. They even book rooms in NY for ghost organizers just to collect the points. The union was taken over by bandits.

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts