66 BILLION ($$$$$$) for A M T R A K !!!

Operating a locomotive is no great feat. Just about every train museum has a "hold the throttle" program where you can operate an antique for $100 or so.

I prefer to ride in the left seat when I'm up in a cab. Better view and more legroom... I'll stick with repairing and maintaining vs. operating. Don't need to pass an annual rules test for that.

Knuckles are easy. Heavy, but still easier than changing out the brake pads on a Jeep....

Ever change out the bearings on a set of outside hanger trucks, Bigot?...

DSCN0204.JPG

Last edited:
Did you have good and plenty?
I have no idea what you're on about. Good and Plenty? Isn't that a candy?

My father worked in a glass plant. They use so much material they use trains to move it about INSIDE the factory (as well as leading into it for deliveries). The operator was nice enough to let me operate the train as a favor to my father who retired a 40 year plus employee.

I did not operate one as an occupation but I did operate one for about 15 minutes. That counts right?

This place actually had tracks on both sides of the factory. This is the "back" side.

1638233199320.png

This is the "front" side.

1638233358212.png

Operating a locomotive is no great feat. Just about every train museum has a "hold the throttle" program where you can operate an antique for $100 or so.

I prefer to ride in the left seat when I'm up in a cab. Better view and more legroom... I'll stick with repairing and maintaining vs. operating. Don't need to pass an annual rules test for that.
Maybe not eolesen but when you're a 16 year old kid it's a pretty neat experience.

Don't you have something else to do besides belittle people's good memories.

I once flew in a helicopter (not to be confused with piloted a helicopter). Do you want to piss on that to?

Maybe not eolesen but when you're a 16 year old kid it's a pretty neat experience.

Don't you have something else to do besides belittle people's good memories.

I once flew in a helicopter (not to be confused with piloted a helicopter). Do you want to piss on that to?

If you want hugs and a mug of hot cocoa over your memories of running a switcher or riding in a helicopter, you're probably in the wrong place.

I have no idea what you're on about. Good and Plenty? Isn't that a candy?

My father worked in a glass plant. They use so much material they use trains to move it about INSIDE the factory (as well as leading into it for deliveries). The operator was nice enough to let me operate the train as a favor to my father who retired a 40 year plus employee.

I did not operate one as an occupation but I did operate one for about 15 minutes. That counts right?

This place actually had tracks on both sides of the factory. This is the "back" side.

View attachment 16297

This is the "front" side.

View attachment 16298
Wet behind the ears, son.....

Sheesh, you're more of an idiot than I thought, Bigot. Only one locomotive there.

A slug is an unpowered unit with ballast instead of fuel and/or a prime mover, and gets its (usually) 600v power from a leading locomotive....

Plus, the Tulsa-Sapulpa didn't roster any slugs. Wasn't needed. Neither is PTC on a Class III shortline using TWC unless they're carrying huge volumes of PIH/TIH hazmats...

Last edited:
If you want hugs and a mug of hot cocoa over your memories of running a switcher or riding in a helicopter, you're probably in the wrong place.
Not hugs and mugs but is expecting someone of your intelligence to not act like an uncivil dick too much?

Apparently it is.