"READ 'em and WEEP" !

xUT said:

He was referring to the new liberal revised history version......it's the Obama creed.

art729-handout1-620x349.jpg

eolesen said:
Yep. And while he drives to work dodging potholes large enough to swallow a VW bug, he can do so knowing that instead of the state fixing the roads, they're paying his arse to sit and wait for the 50 or 60 people who might be boarding the train that day...

NE and IA make the high-tax list because they're lightly populated, have little tourism or natural resources, and tax rates are higher because there are fewer people to tax. But, those two states also take honors in having some of the lowest deficits in the nation (along with UT, ND, and WY all of whom have energy resources to tax instead of the citizenry).

Ah yes, CA/NY/CT and NJ.   Tons of RICH P-RICKS to raise Taxes on !

Say it's not so.      ANOTHER contract raise due 7/1/14  !

Draw a line. (A cross if you will)    E/W  From CHI to BOS on I-90.............N/S  From ALB (I-87)...Then I-95  NYC to DCA.
ANYWHERE near these focus points.  The overall population is exploding and the Interstates more and more JAMMED.
So who's readily there to 'help' the poor overly congested folks  ??    "ALL ABOARD"  ! !         hee-hee-hee  ! 

So you been busy chasing bears into residential areas as part of your union activities? We had 3 sightings in suburban PHL

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
( Hey 'numb-nuts' / southwind )  Can YOU Count to 19  ???

1. Fraternal order of Police......(F O P )
2. AMTRAK Service Workers Council ......(A S W C)
3. BROTHERHOOD of LOCOMOTIVE Engineers ......(B L E T)
4. BROTHERHOOD of Rail Road Signalmen ...... ( B R S )
5.INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD of Boilermakers and Blacksmiths ...... ( B B B )
6. Joint Committee of Carmen / Coach Cleans and Helpers ...... ( J C C )
7. SHEET METAL - AIR - RAIL and TRANSPORTATION WORKERS ...... ( S M A R T )
8. SMART Sheet Metal, formally S M W I A
9. SMART Conductors / North East Corridor, formally United Transportation Union ...... ( U T U )
10. SMART Conductors / Off Corridor, formally United Transportation Union off corridor ...... ( U T U )
11. SMART Yardmasters, formally United Transportation Union Rail Road Yard masters ( R Y A )
12. SMART Stewards, formally United Transportation Union Stewards
13. AMERICAN RAILWAY + AIRWAY SUPERVISORS ASSOCIATION ...... ( A R A S A )
14.AMERICAN TRAIN DISPATCHERS ASSOCIATION ...... ( A T D A )
15. BROTHERHOOD of MAINTAINANCE of WAY Employees ...... ( B M M E )
16. INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION of MACHINISTS ...... ( I A M )
17. INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD of ELECTRICAL WORKERS ...... ( I B E W )
18. NATIONAL CONFERENCE of FIREMEN and OILERS ...... ( N C F O )
19. TRANSPORTATION COMMUNICATION INTERNATIONAL UNION .... ( T C U ).................................(That be M E ) !

Thats how Many UNIONS are on AMTRAK Property !
THOSE are MIDDLE CLASS Jobs !
THOSE (jobs) made America GREAT !

Just like "APPLE PIE and CHEVROLET"  !!!!!!!!!!!

The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, or Amtrak, is the federal organization that operates passenger rail service in the United States. It was created by the Rail Passenger Service Act of 1970. Amtrak is structured as a corporation, but its board members are appointed by the president of the United States and virtually all its stock is owned by the federal government.1 Amtrak has about 19,000 employees, and its annual revenues were $2.4 billion in 2009.2
Amtrak has been providing second-rate train service for almost four decades, while consuming almost $40 billion in federal subsidies. The system has never earned a profit and most of its routes lose money. Amtrak's on-time record is very poor, and the system as a whole only accounts for 0.1 percent of America's passenger travel.3 Another problem is that Amtrak's infrastructure is in bad shape. Most of the blame for Amtrak's woes should be pinned on Congress, which insists on supporting an extensive, nationwide system of passenger rail that doesn't make economic sense.
The solution is to privatize and deregulate passenger rail. Varying degrees of private involvement in passenger rail have been pursued abroad, such as in Australia, Britain, Germany, Japan, and New Zealand. Privatization would allow Amtrak greater flexibility in its finances, in capital investment, and in the operation of its services—free from costly meddling by Congress.

However, Amtrak's stars have not aligned, and some experts who supported Amtrak have changed their views over the years. Anthony Haswell, who in 1967 founded the National Association of Railroad Passengers and is referred to as the "father" of Amtrak, later said, "I feel personally embarrassed over what I helped to create."15 Joseph Vranich, a former Amtrak spokesman and rail expert, also came to recognize that it was a mistake:
Amtrak has lost money every year of its existence, and it has consumed almost $40 billion in federal operating and capital subsidies. During the 2000s, Amtrak averaged annual losses in excess of $1 billion. In 2010, Amtrak received $563 million in operating subsidies and $1 billion in capital and debt service grants. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 pumped an additional $1.3 billion in capital grants into Amtrak.
Amtrak is a massive failure because it's wedded to a failed paradigm. It runs trains that serve political purposes as opposed to being responsive to the marketplace. America needs passenger trains in selected areas, but it doesn't need Amtrak's antiquated route system, poor service and unreasonable operating deficits.16
- See more at: http://www.downsizinggovernment.org/transportation/privatizing-amtrak#sthash.wyIniCU9.dpuf

NewHampshire Black Bears said:

You know, dog,..............It's such a PERFECT scenario (meaning NUMB-NUTS 'southwindBAG, and the ol' BEAR).

That Dopey Red Neck goes to work and pays Federal Tax to AMTRAK, so I can get my $30 bucks an hour PLUS all the OT I can handle,......................Then, The DUMB..SHIIT pays into the SS System, so I can get my $1,700 a month(and Climbing)..for the rest of the ol' Bears Life  !
I got a birthday next month, and the following year I'll be..." 70 " (jesus christ,........where the " F " did all the years go) ?

Hey, No Matter..
With the ' soft UNION touch' I've got now, and my GOOD health holds up, I'll keep working just for SPITE, so 'you-know-WHO' can keep my Subsidies  $$$$ flowing   !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only in the good ol USA.

STAY HEALTHY 'southwindBAG !
All DONATIONS gratefully accepted !

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha   !!!!!!!!!!!! 

Amtrak Perks?

TgDQhbs.gif

Reactions: 1 person