737's coming to ORD

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
Last time I was at work I saw a little diddy on the pilots bulletin board regarding 737's returning to ORD. The pilots were informed that the plan at this point is to have 4 CA and FO bids for APR and 12 CA and FO bids for MAY. The first planned sequence for the bid is ORD-MSP-ORD-LAX overnight LAX-ORD. It didn't say when the sequence starts. I would assume at the schedule change on 7APR(I think that is when it is). Last time I checked it wasn't in SABRE yet either. Anyway, it is the start of getting the Stupid-80 off ORD-west coast.

What is a 75L?

That would be one of the 18 757s that will be re-configured with 16 new reclining biz seats at 55-60 inch pitch and 166 new slimline coach seats. Initial plan was to use these on new short/thin European routes and/or to replace 763s on existing short/thin European routes.

Just read the briefing with the galley changes in the back.... sounds like they are taking a great little airplane and making it a pain to work. Back ovens are gone, which really is no biggie, given the lack of food service, but now the jumpseats are closer to the carts, so in order to remove carts, you have to pull the center cart out first and then slide the others over to get them out. Lovely.