737's coming to ORD

We expect the new 737’s to be delayed a few months to March 09. In the interim we’ve developed a training video to give you an idea of what to expect on the new aircraft and some suggestions on how best to get the most efficiency out of the new interiors. Remember the aircraft will be confined to ORD so if you fly in/out of ORD you can anticipate being on one of the new aircraft next year. The new configuration will also put one more Flight Attendant onboard.

..from Western Regional Flight Service Mgr..

The exact number of seats is not as important as the fact that they found out that loss of revenue from taking out the seats was more than offset by reducing the cabin crew by 25%. I can only imagine that the reason for only 160 seats on the new 73s was that the original intent was to use them strictly in the International service where fares are higher. If they are now going to domestic service, cutting the number of seats below 151 would be a smart move.

Addendum: Just asked someone in management if they had heard the rumor about cutting the number of seats below 150 on the 73s. The management person told me that they have already started building lines with 4 bid positions for the a/c. That the decision was made that they needed to get as much revenue as possible from the new a/c. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oh no, Jim, don't get ahead of yourself. Removing the seats is in the plan for 2010 or 2011. If they figure out smart moves ahead of time they may ex themselves out of a job. Can't be too productive in management or you're history, don't you know? They know that because they do it to us all the time. ;)

You also have to remember these are the same smarties who decided that not copairing us was more cost effective. None of us bought that either. I'm just glad they finally saw the light. I liked it much better when we were copaired.

We expect the new 737’s to be delayed a few months to March 09. In the interim we’ve developed a training video to give you an idea of what to expect on the new aircraft and some suggestions on how best to get the most efficiency out of the new interiors. Remember the aircraft will be confined to ORD so if you fly in/out of ORD you can anticipate being on one of the new aircraft next year. The new configuration will also put one more Flight Attendant onboard.

..from Western Regional Flight Service Mgr..
Are these the ones that will not be Overwater equipped?

Anyone know if they are going to put in the slimline seats in coach on the NEW A/C? This could help the cozyness of the new seat pitch.

Anyone know if they are going to put in the slimline seats in coach on the NEW A/C? This could help the cozyness of the new seat pitch.

I would hope so. I hate flying Y on that plane so much, as it is, already. Tightening up the back and yanking out the galley will only make it more uncomfortable.

I would hope so. I hate flying Y on that plane so much, as it is, already. Tightening up the back and yanking out the galley will only make it more uncomfortable.

AS has the 16F/144Y config with slimline seats in Y. So, I imagine AA will be doing the same. The slimline seats are pretty comfy (as Y airline seats go). That being said, if the flight is over 3 hours, no Y airline seat is comfy.