Xna: Schedule Not "business Friendly"

bookmdano said:
Furloughedagain said:
And why do flts from the west to the east HAVE to be early afternoon or late night red-eyes. I would much rather leave LAX at 4pm and arrive at 2am than to have to take a red-eye.
[post="254560"][/post]​

Depends on if you have sustainable O and D traffic or not. Prior to 9/11 - US ran a LAX-PHL flight that left LAX around 5 and got into PHL at 0130 or something like that. I would imagine it doesn't run anymore. I can't see the traffic running from somewhere like LAX to CLT or PIT with those times.

More surprising is why you don't see more West Coast flights leaving at like 2AM to connect to Carribean banks. There must not be enough West Coast to Carribean traffic for it.

XNA> Poutryport

ha! funny.

Seriously though, the only reason I brought it up was because it seems that the other airlines have determined that there is value at this little airport.

If this little town in the middle of nowhere Arkansas (and yes, I live here so I can say that) can support mainline service to Memphis, Chicago, Los Angeles and RJs throughout the country... Atlanta, New York, Salt Lake, Cleveland...

There's obviously a market here and, as others have mentioned, due to the businesses in the area, its probably a high-yield market.

Now, i'm not naive enough to ask for an Airbus. Just a few extra flights a day so I can support my favorite airline. (The severence checks all cashed so I figure its the least I can do!)

Thought maybe a marketing person or two might be here and we could get them to just take a look at the market and see if it warrants expanded service.

(sigh) I suppose I could just wait for that nonstop service to Utica on Legacy Airlines. (right Padre?) :lol: