772 with new seats

jcw

Veteran
Aug 12, 2004
Looks like new seats have started to arrive on the 772 any idea how long the retrofit will take?

I think it was done in Tulsa

AA has way to many configurations of its aircraft - the product is getting less consistent vs more consistence

jcw said:
I think it was done in Tulsa

AA has way to many configurations of its aircraft - the product is getting less consistent vs more consistence
Funny how you can complain and criticize the airline and or it's management, but when one of the union members do it
you criticize them...definition, hypocrite!!

Reactions: 1 person
What are you talking about - so the workforce install new seats and did it with union workforce and no comment was made about the workforce and then made a comment about how inconsistent the product has become - which is a management issue - obviously with this post and your other post you are on the attack

Reactions: 1 person
jcw said:
What are you talking about - so the workforce install new seats and did it with union workforce and no comment was made about the workforce and then made a comment about how inconsistent the product has become - which is a management issue - obviously with this post and your other post you are on the attack
jcw, someone criticizes management, you jump down the unions throat, I have seen it time and time again. Yet it is ok for you to be hard on them, just not the union folk...

Reactions: 3 people
jcw said:
Looks like new seats have started to arrive on the 772 any idea how long the retrofit will take?

Is this a continuation of the switch from 3 class to 2 class?  The 2 class I've been flying to LHR have 45 "Coffins" in BC and 225 in coach.

MK

My understanding is that the international fleet will be all 2 class with exception of the 777-300, which will continue to have 3 classes because the routes it flies can support the demand.

Had a conversation with a flight attendant last week about scheduling. I was told that now since we are in the low season the company is accelerating the 777 interior upgrades. Some 777-300's are downgrading to 777-200's and some 777's are changing to 767 until they can catch up and have as many done before the holiday season. If this is true are we doing all the upgrades in Tulsa or on the AA property somewhere? Has anyone seen an increase in 777 down time for interior upgrades?

I certainly hope AA is accelerating this.  The 777-200 business class product with the "old" seats is nowhere near competitive these days.

There are 20 of 47 which have been reconfigured at this point.  19 are the 'coffin' ying/yang style; 1 is the Super Diamond BEA all front facing design - which is the same seat which will appear in the 787-9 and eventually the A350.   There are 3 aircraft in HKG now being refit - not sure which seats - as AA are migrating from the coffins to the BEA seat -but these will all be 37 seat J craft.  

On Sept 20 AA are running a special 1 way DFW-HKG flight to reposition an additional plane to HKG for refurbishment.  This will make 4 in HKG (the planes come back in the system via revenue flights from NRT).  So - as of 9/21 less than 50% of the 'in service' 777-200 fleet will have F and the sloped J seats.  The remainder are now J as the top class.

With a 6-8 week timeframe for a heavy check and reconfiguration - there should start to be good progress over the next few months moving out the sloped J seating. 

Here's a link where (we) customers have been tracking progress:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1344467-laa-77d-772-cip-refit-777-200er-no-f-new-j-mce-2014-discussion-141.html

Latest posts