A HOLY WAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
This from BIZ.YAHOO(22:33pm ET) Assoc. Press.

(Just the juicy parts)

Two other Unions(APA+TWU)agreed to the company''s SWEETENED OFFER, But leaders of the APFA were said to be embroiled IN A HOLY WAR over whether to go along.
The board of the F/A''s union REJECTED the deal, But the executive committee was seeking to overturn the decision, a source familiar with the situation said, on conditions of anonymity

Jeez, what I would give to see/hear that action.

HEY, little jim, Do you have a clue what it says about what APFA is doing right now ???????????

What it means is that the little guys/gals ARE BEING REPRESENTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What it means is that the rank and file are Kickin'', bitin'' scratchin'', and FIGHTING for every scrap. Something that APFA has had to do with AA, for years.

ATTN; APFA members. Although AA has disrespected you folks for (what seems to be forever), by GOD, they''re going to know(BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT) that they(AA) have been in an ASS kickin'' fight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD BLESS APFA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It''s ALL about RESPECT !!

In brotherhood,

NH/BB''s

NHBB,
Clarify this for me, the APFA executive committee or the AA executive committee? I think we both have one, and I am too tired to figure it out.......

Hmmm....Please....Holy War? Where do YOU live, Middle East???

Choices are simple:

YES for the deal? Better chances for everyone.

NO for the deal? Lost jobs and wages.

I''m not Union or Management, just a CUSTOMER (or should I have said PASSENGER -- is there a difference???...should be!), and have flown AA (3M paid miles) for 43 of my 48 years and ADV since 1981, EPLT since it started and LIFETIME AAIRPASS. I paid my money, I take MY chances and I put up MY money to show it.

Seems to me, if you''all (APFA v. AA) can''t resolve this pretty quick (like now), I''m not sure I can fly AA anymore.... You got the guy you don''t trust (maybe rightfully so), but YOU still need the TRUST of YOUR CUSTOMERS (notice I didn''t say PASSENGERS), and in this "paper thin loyalty" environment (OK, I''ll fly the other guy for $1 less...), the company will need all the loyalty it can get...and still DESERVES. MORE ROOM IN COACH is a "killer app" as they say.

Make the deal.

If you don''t want to listen to someone who flies AA even at inconvenience (OK, I LOVE the miles too!), wake up some of your friends at UA or US. I am sure they can tell you what fun awaits you if AA files. I can assure you, it is NOT pretty (How do I know? I am a small business owner and I have been through all the airline bankruptcies - and aftermaths - for the last 20 years). Not pretty.

I don''t mean to anger anyone, just think about it. AND, best of luck with YOUR choices. Set aside your feelings and look at what happens at the end of the day. Employees, stockholders and vendors take the brunt of a bankruptcy.

My prayers are with you all.

----------------
On 4/24/2003 11:31:08 PM airITguy wrote:

Hmmm....Please....Holy War? Where do YOU live, Middle East???

Choices are simple:

YES for the deal? Better chances for everyone.

NO for the deal? Lost jobs and wages.

I''m not Union or Management, just a CUSTOMER (or should I have said PASSENGER -- is there a difference???...should be!), and have flown AA (3M paid miles) for 43 of my 48 years and ADV since 1981, EPLT since it started and LIFETIME AAIRPASS. I paid my money, I take MY chances and I put up MY money to show it.

Seems to me, if you''all (APFA v. AA) can''t resolve this pretty quick (like now), I''m not sure I can fly AA anymore.... You got the guy you don''t trust (maybe rightfully so), but YOU still need the TRUST of YOUR CUSTOMERS (notice I didn''t say PASSENGERS), and in this "paper thin loyalty" environment (OK, I''ll fly the other guy for $1 less...), the company will need all the loyalty it can get...and still DESERVES. MORE ROOM IN COACH is a "killer app" as they say.

Make the deal.

If you don''t want to listen to someone who flies AA even at inconvenience (OK, I LOVE the miles too!), wake up some of your friends at UA or US. I am sure they can tell you what fun awaits you if AA files. I can assure you, it is NOT pretty (How do I know? I am a small business owner and I have been through all the airline bankruptcies - and aftermaths - for the last 20 years). Not pretty.

I don''t mean to anger anyone, just think about it. AND, best of luck with YOUR choices. Set aside your feelings and look at what happens at the end of the day. Employees, stockholders and vendors take the brunt of a bankruptcy.

My prayers are with you all.

----------------​

airITguy,

Thanks for the calm and thought out view. Plenty of us at AA are grateful for your loyalty. I hope that you continue to choose us and hope that you are glad that you did. There is no doubt this is a mess, but one that we can come through if we do it together. If that will happen remains to be seen.

Best wishes to you and your business, BTW are you hiring anybody? Just in case!

----------------
On 4/25/2003 8:09:41 AM airITguy wrote:

I am one of the most loyal AA customer that exists. I will only fly another airline if it is near impossible or impossible to get there on AA. When I said I am not sure I can fly AA anymore if AA files, what I meant is that I believe the various labor groups will not be "playing nice" as the pain evolves even more. If that affects safety (IMHO), then that is where I will have to draw the line. American Ailines is a GREAT company and an aviation pioneer and I would hate to see what lies ahead if a bankruptcy filing occurs.

----------------​
Watch it airitguy - RV4 will be calling you a disloyal managment plant.

I am one of the most loyal AA customer that exists. I will only fly another airline if it is near impossible or impossible to get there on AA. When I said I am not sure I can fly AA anymore if AA files, what I meant is that I believe the various labor groups will not be "playing nice" as the pain evolves even more. If that affects safety (IMHO), then that is where I will have to draw the line. American Ailines is a GREAT company and an aviation pioneer and I would hate to see what lies ahead if a bankruptcy filing occurs.

----------------
On 4/24/2003 10:32:23 PM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:
ATTN; APFA members. Although AA has disrespected you folks for (what seems to be forever), by GOD, they''re going to know(BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT) that they(AA) have been in an ASS kickin'' fight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------​

Oh yeah! Labor will really teach management a lesson. Don''t kid yourself. Management has the upper hand. Management will get the concessions it wants (and then some) one way or another.

----------------

----------------​
Watch it airitguy - RV4 will be calling you a disloyal managment plant.

----------------

9.gif

----------------

Couldn''t have said it better myself! I am sure that no one at AA would jeopardize the safety of the passengers, now fellow employees that may be questionable! And I agree tat AA is a great company and it''s loss would be felt by many not just the employees. There isn''t anything Holy about what has happened. Hope it can fly out of this intact!
----------------​

----------------

----------------​
I do not doubt your loyalty. It was Brads that I questioned. Expressing loyalty to AA then asking you for a job.........