A look back at Piedmont

99.9% of the PSA gals (as most were women) were and STILL are the prettiest. Face it...they were a "Hollywood" and VERY California airline. The sun shined and they were happy. I LOVE working with former PSA employees. That includes the front end guys too. :up: Stew I wasn't saying it was bad to reminisce. It's just that to this DAY there is this North/South thing. CLT still thinks they are the best base, PHL believes they are the center of the universe. ***NEWSFLASH*** We all work for the same heaping mess. US is a melting pot of a bunch of tiny little airlines thrown together and ran for YEARS by management with no vision. And here we are. :rolleyes:

StewGuy86,

Here's the truth: PSA employees are a lot cooler to work with than you guys. Still are. Funny thing is, they got the shaft-o big time with the merger with every one of their bases being closed. Despite that worst-case-scenerio most have moved on and don't look back so much because they are smart enough to know it's really a complete waste of time. They handled it with class, and I admire them for that.

Hey, it's one thing to be proud of where you came from, it's a whole other animal to let something that occurred two decades ago to still perpetuate morale problems. There are bigger fish to fry right now if you catch my drift. Peace!

Later,
Eye
What you don't seem to realize is that it's snide remarks like yours above that help keep the 20 year-old issue afloat. You apparently want to be able to talk about how un-cool former PI folks are and think it's okay and that none of us should take offense to it. Does the tit for tat game get out of control? Sure it does and I agree that it's unnecessary, but keep in mind that it's a two-way street. You think it's okay to throw low blows about original PI employees and have it go without some kind of response? If you think all original US folks stayed above the fray (or still do) of the name-calling, mean remarks and rude behavior, then you haven't paid attention since 1987.

I was based in PHL for years and had a great time and worked with some awesome people! But I never ceased to be amazed at how they went on and on and on and on with the digs at PI people and CLT crews. It was the exception to the rule during a crew change with a CLT crew that my PHL co-workers DIDN'T say something as soon as that crew was out of earshot up the jetway, their favorite being "you're all set up" in some mocking faux Southern accent or any number of other completely unnecessary, disparaging remarks. I was like, "give it a rest already!" Jeez, talk about tiresome. It bordered on obsession.

You're right, there certainly are bigger fish to fry now. But keep in mind that, for all practical purposes, the old US is gone and America West folks are the ones running the show. They feel like they saved your butt and did you a favor (whether or not that's really the case I'm not even gonna attempt to say) and you should just be grateful you still have a job, right? Just like the old PI people. So no matter how idiotic you think they are or what they may have done to ruin US Airways, try not to make any negative remarks in any way shape or form about Tempe and the old America West culture, or you might just be accused of not moving on with things and of perpetuating morale problems.

What you don't seem to realize is that it's snide remarks like yours above that help keep the 20 year-old issue afloat. You apparently want to be able to talk about how un-cool former PI folks are and think it's okay and that none of us should take offense to it.

StewGuy86,
Snide? It's the truth! Sorry you aren't cool, but you could ask a former PSA employee for tips. They are always happy to help, hell, they are always happy. :up:

Later,
Eye

Latest posts

Back