A&P positions in St.Louis Mo

pw2037

Feb 16, 2006
My brother is getting out of A&P school and wanted to know how to get on at Delta in St.Louis any info? I told him to got to fedex thanks

My brother is getting out of A&P school and wanted to know how to get on at Delta in St.Louis any info? I told him to got to fedex thanks
I wish him the best of luck pw. I think Fed Ex and the rest have had lay offs so might be a while. This economy has created havoc in the airline industry. Maybe send him to China Air? I made that up but it could be coming.

I wish him the best of luck pw. I think Fed Ex and the rest have had lay offs so might be a while. This economy has created havoc in the airline industry. Maybe send him to China Air? I made that up but it could be coming.

Well FedEx has not laid off any MX but they are not hiring anyone either..Also if he is just out of A@P school he will find it difficult of not impossible to get hired on at a major until he gets some experience. If he wants FedEx he might want to apply for a box throwing position..He will have to do that for over a yr and then he can apply for any jr mechanic jobs that come open. Also Delta I believe is hiring in LGA. I don't think they have many takers in that high cost of living area..If no one applies they might take a guy right out of A@P school.. He more than likely is going to wind up at a regional if he wants to work for the airlines gain some experience then apply to a major..But your right not the best time to be out looking for work. A lot of airlines have guys on furlough. Good luck.

If he is choosing a location to live, and he is a fresh A&P, he just wasted his time getting that certificate. The industry chooses your location for many, many years...

Tell him to stay in school and get some training in power distribution, uninterruptable electrical power (Large UPS Systems), HVAC. The pay is better than any starting A&P job. There are many, many jobs available out there for people trained in those areas.

The best thing I ever did was give up on the A&P job. Of course NWA helped me make that decision.

Continental was looking for warm bodies in Newark a while back. He could toil there and live in a crash pad for years while hoping to get to Houston, or some line station. Just remember, he is always one terrorist attack, virus, or any other thing an airline wants to make up, away from being laid off.

Sorry for the bleak outlook, but I think you will get that from most since it is the sad truth. It may be another 5-8 years before any majors start hiring in desirable locations like St. Louis. It will take that long for there to be a true shortage of A&P's (because most of us with experience have had it).

Delta will hire straight out of A&P school, but there is zero chance of STL. We closed that mtc station years ago. For DL most new hires are into LGA or another high cost of living station. The other way into DL is as a tech helper, but it is not a quick jump to an AMT slot. As for FedEx and UPS, both want many years of heavy jet exp.

Actually China Air may be a good lead.
My younger brother lives in Shanghai and he said with their expanding economy more Chinese are flying than ever, they are desperate for mechanics. Despite the fact he has no experience he could serve a dual role as mechanic and English teacher. They hire Americans to teach English even if they dont speak Chinese.

Tech2101 has the best advice, use what he already has, go back to school and study for Green Energ, HVAC or anything but the airlines. The last this we need is fresh blood that thinks that the sacrifices they make will ever pay off. 30 years and its only getting worse.

there is plenty of aviation going on in st louis. look at midcoast...they have a service center in east st louis. also heard that dassault is opening a shop out there. boeing has some sort of large facility. up in east alton is premeir, another service center. airlines are not the only bit of aviation going on, contrary to what others may say.

If he is choosing a location to live, and he is a fresh A&P, he just wasted his time getting that certificate. The industry chooses your location for many, many years...

Tell him to stay in school and get some training in power distribution, uninterruptable electrical power (Large UPS Systems), HVAC. The pay is better than any starting A&P job. There are many, many jobs available out there for people trained in those areas.

The best thing I ever did was give up on the A&P job. Of course NWA helped me make that decision.

Continental was looking for warm bodies in Newark a while back. He could toil there and live in a crash pad for years while hoping to get to Houston, or some line station. Just remember, he is always one terrorist attack, virus, or any other thing an airline wants to make up, away from being laid off.

Sorry for the bleak outlook, but I think you will get that from most since it is the sad truth. It may be another 5-8 years before any majors start hiring in desirable locations like St. Louis. It will take that long for there to be a true shortage of A&P's (because most of us with experience have had it).

So now the Airlines were behind 9/11 and commiting viral attacks! Good one Tech ! :down:

When was the last time you visited Area 51 ?

So now the Airlines were behind 9/11 and commiting viral attacks! Good one Tech ! :down:

When was the last time you visited Area 51 ?

You're not big on comprehension, are you?

That's not what Tech was saying at all. or are you just trying to be contrarian?

Here; I'll make it easier for you. Try reading it like this:

"Just remember, he is always one terrorist attack, virus (or any other thing an airline wants to make up) away from being laid off."

Back