A plan to save the US economy

M.B. (Freedumb)

I won't even bother about ur copy/paste of someone else's quote. Come on! Get a life dude!. (profanity deleted.)

M.B. (Freedumb)

I won't even bother about ur copy/paste of someone else's quote. Come on! Get a life dude!.

Hey mike , your one of the gang that wanted to hold out for more leverage in 2010 ... don't talk to me .. you don't even understand the us economy and where it's heading ...

and no , i wrote that myself ..

p.s ... i'm not M,B

the money will have to come from forgien investors , the same place we got the 700 billion dollars ...

i know i know .. why would they want to fund this ?

if it works we will be able to restart the us economic engine , enabling our nation to pay back the debts it's taken on ....

if it doesn't work .... it's going to be death by a thousand cuts for our country ....

if our economy goes down , so too does the rest of the world .... it's in their own best interests ..

I think that money tree has been shaken already. Other countries are having to fund their own bail outs as it is.

Hello Doug

I propose the subsidization of OIL in the united states . I want to see the price of GAS at 1.00 before December 10th … (or sooner )

This plan may even lead to a housing boom as consumers are more willing to travel further out to purchase a home … car sales could rebound …

Freedom

$1 Gas? I bet you've never seen $.35 haircuts either? You'll never ever see $1 gas in ur life time and You'll never ever hear from Dougie either. He's made too much $$$$ to reply to the likes of us.........................You want change? Read ur contract and get ready for the next round of Neg. It's all about getting back and not getting Sucked In!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

i've seen one dollar gas before , i and my friends still talk about it from way back when ....

As to doug getting back to me , not a concern ... i feel that i've said my peice , i've done my duty ... this is what i feel would benfit the country , if parker brings it up at the conference it will take hold like wildfire because it's in too many peoples self interest not to pass ... i'm wildly grasping at straws here .. but in the big scheme of things it doesn't matter .. i'm only one person ...

As for the next round of negoatiations ... personally i don't think our company will be around by then if things continue the way they are ..

Freedom:
I didn't even waste my time reading this . Surely you don't expect Doug to.
Get a life man.

ten percent chance , good enough to me ...

it would be nice if you had tried to read it ... i mean , why even bother commenting on something if you haven't bothered to read it eh ?

i am factual about one thing ... this event is going to be important for our PR , and parker is going to be that public face , so no matter what he talks about , we can and all should hope he comes of well ....

as to my personal views of the economy and what i feel might be needed to correct it ... those views are a dime a dozen .. mine included .

This is my plan to save the US economy …

If anyone else has a better idea , please speak now …

May God bless America and the rest of the world .

Freedom

I think I have a better idea, and I have been advocating for its institution for nearly 2 months (see here, here and here). It is an alternative systematic debt for equity swap. A major problem in the financial sector is the valuation of certain assets. This is a major problem that is part of the root problem that encourages entities to hoard any available cash. A systematic debt for equity swap will eliminate much of the threat of default. This gives such entities an immediate equity cushion. Moreover, it doesn't require the government to valuate such assets and it requires little, if any, of the government's (our) money. It also doesn't force the government to act as a divine creature who determines which entities should survive and which should be allowed to fail. Some may suggest that this approach dilutes the shares of current equity holders. So, this systematic approach will allow current equity holders to buyout old debtholders for the face value of the debt. Of course, a rational equity holder would only do this if they believed the entity was solvent, otherwise, they would not want to purchase additional equity, as the equity is already worthless.

The major financial players hate this approach, however, because it forces them to bear their fair share of the pain, rather than receiving an appealing bailout from the taxpayers.

Finally, a similar systematic approach could also be used for Main Street and the housing crisis, whereas an index is used to determine locales with a significant housing price drop. In these locales, the lenders and homeowners will be given authority to exchange a portion of the mortgage for an equity interest in the home that may be redeemed at the sale of the house.

Why is this discussion even being held on the US message board? Because the US CEO happens to be attending an economic forum hosted by the Wall Street Journal. That's a stretch.

The debate being discussed in this thread is about how to solve the national economy, the ridiculous idea of $1 gas, deficit spending, stimulus checks, retail sales projections over the holidays and the like.

Mods, close this down, or better yet, participants, just let it die.

Well I'm not certain we will ever see $1.00/gal gas ever again. However it is currently selling for $2.15/Gal for regular.]

My Dad owned an automobile agency that also had a gas station on the property. I remember gas at 0.17 cents a gallon and my Dad pumped in a three cent discount. You could drive all over the place and then some on a dollar a week. He also gave me a brand new yellow convertible for my high school graduation that cost a mere bag of shells.....$1600.00.

However, that was then and this is now. If this country doesn't get to it to do it with drill drill drill, it is setting itself up for airlines folding left and right as well as the entire country folding. We are one terrorist attack away from being a third world country.

New Jersey has a huge oil supply of its coast but the two bozo senators---a cadaver and a crook----- won't give the state permission to drill off shore. The state is bankrupt but ill not do a thing to help itself and that's because it is run by criminals. Other states have the same problems and now expect the Federal government to bail them out. I thought we are a federation of states!!

The vox populi has seen fit to elect a government that will refuse to drill even if we all sink.

The airlines are not in line for a bailout and I have to wonder why. Far less deserving industries and businesses are right there for their handouts. Where are the airlines???

the plan will buy us time ... and we will run it from this december to january of next year to cover the shopping season of 09 ....

we will end up paying for it ... but right now our nation is deleveraging too quickly .. while increased demand may raise the world price of a barrel of oil , i'm betting that gloabl demand will fall , allowing our nation to keep the costs we pay to the middle east under control somewhat ..

As i see it , there''s no other choice , no other way to stimulae the greater economy .. think of this as a controlled bubble in that we will have advanced notice of when it's going to pop and can prepare .

Please take an intro economics course!

You can't legislate lower prices and expect the additional product to appear out of nowhere.

Your awful plan will result in gas lines and angry people.