A Question For You Good Folks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2002
I am a United Airlines employee who is a bit uncertain as to my future with the company. Can you please tell me who this Chip Munn fellow is, and why he constantly trashes my company with sadistic glee? It's hard enough not knowing if you'll have a job a few months down the road, and it's even tougher to have somebody constantly throw it in your face.

thank you in advance.

P.S. Wasn't he the fellow that wanted everybody to take concessions, but then threw a fit when U reduced the pilot pension?

ExThunderGuppy said:
I am a United Airlines employee who is a bit uncertain as to my future with the company. Can you please tell me who this Chip Munn fellow is, and why he constantly trashes my company with sadistic glee? It's hard enough not knowing if you'll have a job a few months down the road, and it's even tougher to have somebody constantly throw it in your face.

thank you in advance.

P.S. Wasn't he the fellow that wanted everybody to take concessions, but then threw a fit when U reduced the pilot pension?
;) Go back a few weeks or so on the UAL boards and find a thread introduced by UKridge who also asked that question. I believe the thread is under the title "Who is Chip" or something like that. You'll find the answer to your question there. And yes to your other question.

UAL People,

Chip is a USAirways A320 Captain , whom as once part of the UA ranks.
Chip is a self-discribed industry analyst of sorts.

I do not believe that Chip has a particular axe to grind with UA or it's esteemed employees...yet he does tend to try to paint a "What's Good for U picture" , even if it's speculation based information that bids poorly for UA.

Maybe this is just a case of misery enjoying company?...maybe this is a case of "If yours is painted bad...ours is not as bad as it's precieved?

Needless to say...and Chips assumptions cast asside, both of our companies and the industry as a whole is in the grasp of un-certain times...and being mangled internally by leaders trying to cut costs at the expense of the employees only..as opposed to really taking a hard look at what's wrong with our respective companies.

From my seat..I see a million different ways to save money...and most is a direct result of people, inclussive of our leaders thinking in narrow terms. Our industry is a victim of what mom calls "Penny wise and dollar foolish"...I use the term wise loosely regarding the pennies as well

I know for fact that U could save money by addressing problems in a projective manner...as opposed to only getting past immediate issues...and never thinking that this or that won't occure again. This is to say the very least fool hardy.

The live for the moment mentality is eating our lunch...and lunch is leaning down to a pack of crackers and a coke these days.

Do not take your detractors too much to heart...this is indeed a large nieghborhood of people living in glass houses "One and All"

To be honest...I do not see Chip's comments a actual Glee....but yes they are more than self serving at times. We here have listened to Chip tell us what we needed to sacrifice..only to find out that the deepest of sacrifices aren't enough to make muster for our leaders...and then turn around our companies. I refer back to the need to do projective thinking...and resolve issues...as opposed to solving issues without building in long term resolve into the final solution.

Yes..Chip did fall remarkably silent after he got his head handed to him in regard to the pension debacle...and yes he did cease being Dave's biggest cheerleader for a bit too , yet we endured his invisionment of what we needed to do to keep him happy and flying...You can endure or at least ignore as well.

Chip is entitled to have an opinion...and he's entitled to air them in kind...no matter how you or I feel about his opinions or conclussions? You have the same right in this world.

Regarding our futures. Nobody seems to have a lock on any form of a future in this business...least of all the major hub and spoke operators. So for your peace of mind...and for the likely good of your company...just ignore those that lash out against what you are about..or whom you work for. God knows I have too....and Peace and Sanity lives one...but has alternates in case of the worst to come?

Status
Not open for further replies.