A330 grounded in Manchester UK

Uuuuuuh NO! What's sad sir is the fact that we deal with busted up airplanes DAILY. I don't think we find the potential injury of passengers/employees funny like we DO the fact that US runs a fleet of busted up airplanes held together with spit and chewing gum. The damn things are MEL'd all over the place. Orange stickers are everywhere. Give me a break. That my friend is SAD.....TRULY SAD! ! ! ! :rolleyes:

Uuuuuuh NO! What's sad sir is the fact that we deal with busted up airplanes DAILY. I don't think we find the potential injury of passengers/employees funny like we DO the fact that US runs a fleet of busted up airplanes held together with spit and chewing gum. The damn things are MEL'd all over the place. Orange stickers are everywhere. Give me a break. That my friend is SAD.....TRULY SAD! ! ! ! :rolleyes:

Then why the levity????

Then why the levity????
ooooooh emm geeee, I am SO sorry. I had to go look up the word levity to realize how heartbreaking this is.

Let's all have a moment of silence for all those who were injured or lost their life during the horrible events of number 270 aka "the turd burd" to all that know and love it........(one second)

Oh, sorry Newman, I guess your sense of humor was the only loss suffered.

RIP :*(...

Somebody better teach the English how to spell in English, tyre is spelled tire. :wacko:

Do yourself a favour and leave the states every now and then. That is the English spelling of tyre, whether on an aeroplane or a car.

Does the spelling really matter? I spoke to some psgrs that were on that flight and arrived on CO the next day. The walked into my BSO inquiring as to their baggage and filled me in on the details of the aborted takeoff. They told me pilots really earned their salary and that it could've turned into a tradegy. Gotta say I agree with them.

Like the passengers would have a clue as to whether this was a near tragedy. Give me a break.

Rule number 1: The pax never know what the hell they are talking about.

Back in 1990 or 1991 I was flying PHL-BOS on an US MD-80. We landed during a snowstorm and we slip alittle, nothing to even flinch about. As we deplaned, some passengers were telling their loved ones/ person meeting them that we almost slid off the runway into the bay. I walked by and thought, what would they have done in a clear night and just a hard landing. The newspeople are just the same, they'll build a story up just to make the news. I won't go as far as saying passengers don't know what they are talking about, its just the ones the media picks out. The passengers that actually had any inkling shrugged it off and already past the media, and are trying to book the next flight back.

oh boo hoo no one was hurt, and who cares how the Brits spell things. They pronounce things all wonky too.

Let's talk about what's REALLY important....like who the hell is bringing me a Cinnamon Dolce Latte tomorrow night while I work London? Anyone? D11?