A350 Yawn!

Dec 4, 2005
I have always been a fan of Airbus, but i think the A350
is a real let down, it is basically a revamped 330. The B787 looks the business and has great spec and range. Not sure if the A350 was a great choice!...

Rumor has it that a new design for the 350 will be revealed at the Farnborough Air Showin mid July. We will see what Airbus has up its sleeve. I'm hoping now that the 787 has been design frozen that they can one up Boeing. Till then I am not turning my back on the 350 but do admit that I am sweet on the 787.

DP was asked about the 350/787 and reiterated that for now they are committed to the 350, but that there are contractual obligations that Airbus must meet. Namely performance parity with the 787.

Maybe someone from Airbus told him that they they don't forget their promises or obligations. ;)

yea that would be great if AB could "one up Boeing" hopefully we can keep the French with assembly work for years while the folks in Seattle get their pink slips. Hopefully the euro governments will give AB plenty of money to redesign that pig a few more times if it comes up short again against the 787

yea that would be great if AB could "one up Boeing" hopefully we can keep the French with assembly work for years while the folks in Seattle get their pink slips. Hopefully the euro governments will give AB plenty of money to redesign that pig a few more times if it comes up short again against the 787

Wow. Sarcasm is indeed a dish best served bitter.

US paid airbus back on the loan, so we don't own them except for plane purchases.

While I also prefer Boeing over Airbus, A large percentage of the 787 work is also outsourced.

Sad to say, there is no American aircraft company anymore. Only multi-national corporations that could care less about American workers..

While I also prefer Boeing over Airbus, A large percentage of the 787 work is also outsourced.

Sad to say, there is no American aircraft company anymore. Only multi-national corporations that could care less about American workers..

AMEN!!!

I agree, and its a bad thing IMO, but there are still many more Americans working on a Boeing than the Airbus. These are the same Americans that buy tickets on our airline. NO job, no ticket. Now put that on the big picture scale and we are outsourcing ourselves into a 3rd world country.

I will by made in USA over any other product, if I cant than I will take assembled in USA. Its really very simple, if our neighbors dont have jobs neither will we eventually.

I agree, and its a bad thing IMO, but there are still many more Americans working on a Boeing than the Airbus. These are the same Americans that buy tickets on our airline. NO job, no ticket. Now put that on the big picture scale and we are outsourcing ourselves into a 3rd world country.

I will by made in USA over any other product, if I cant than I will take assembled in USA. Its really very simple, if our neighbors dont have jobs neither will we eventually.
Agree with you 100%...

YAWWWWWWNNNNNN. If our American companies could not manufacture new, innovative products then we wouldn't even see a new Boeing. Our labor costs have gotten too high. Plain and simple. I'm not saying it's right, but it's just simple reality and even more simple economics.

YAWWWWWWNNNNNN. If our American companies could not manufacture new, innovative products then we wouldn't even see a new Boeing. Our labor costs have gotten too high. Plain and simple. I'm not saying it's right, but it's just simple reality and even more simple economics.
"Labor cost gotten too high"... B.S.!!!

The "simple reality" is called GLOBALISM...

Multinational Corporations are able to take advantage of people around the globe [Slave Labor]

They are hiring people with PHD's for pennies on the dollar over in India..

Our own government has turned their backs on the American Middle Class..BOTH political parties are compromised...

The "simple economics" is, YOUR job could be next...

I don't think they will build the A350. The order will probably be converted to something else. The company can't exactly get out of it because of the merger money commitment from Airbus

I don't think they will build the A350. The order will probably be converted to something else. The company can't exactly get out it because of the erger money commitment from Airbus

See post #7; 700UW is correct - LCC paid off the Airbus loan already, so it isn't as beholden to Airbus as it was last fall.

Back