AA adds second daily LAX-LHR

That's good news!   Been a few years since the second daily LAX-LHR flight was dropped.    Nice to see it return.   

Excellent to see. This isn't new but simply a reinstatement from a few years back.

AdAstraPerAspera said:
What a blunder. I'm not sure how we can compete against Delta's cute little 767-300ER on the route, I bet their route is just printing money.
WT sure enough will be here to say how this is a silly move and AA will never be able to compete with DL/VS in this market.

Josh

esp since AA will use the Ole Mighty 777-300ER and how it just wont make money vs DL tiny 763      I hope AA expands LAX and may be a return to LAX BWI like they used to have   

AA 38/39 from MIA should get upgauged soon from 772 to 77W hopefully as more 77Ws get delivered the second MIA flight will get one.

Josh

The DL 767 is a pathetic uncompetitive product seriously why even bother. Dumb on DLs part to remove a VS frequency who has a strong following in LA (and is well served by Virgin affiliate carriers) and bring the VS product to ATL & DTW where VS is not well known.

Josh

just in case anyone missed this - AA will be almost 2 times as big in the LAX-LHR market in seats - 2 A380's on JV partner and 2 777's on AA vs DL JV partner 2 VS 744/346 and one DL 767

AA is better in this market than DL and smokes UA - let's see how this will be spun

jcw said:
just in case anyone missed this - AA will be almost 2 times as big in the LAX-LHR market in seats - 2 A380's on JV partner and 2 777's on AA vs DL JV partner 2 VS 744/346 and one DL 767

It doesn't matter.
DL is still winning on the west coast.
:p

push over the edge?

doubtful.

it does show that AA is willing to flood the market with capacity in order to keep a competitors out of the market - all the time complaining about increased competitive capacity.

AA is clearly threatened by the fact that DL is narrowing the difference in average fares with AA every quarter.

This is precisely the competitive environment that I said AA was entering... LHR, Latin America, DFW... you name it.

AA will be the one that is hurt the most by their perceived need to keep competitors out of their markets instead of being able to compete and win.

WorldTraveler said:
push over the edge?

doubtful.

it does show that AA is willing to flood the market with capacity in order to keep a competitors out of the market - all the time complaining about increased competitive capacity.

AA is clearly threatened by the fact that DL is narrowing the difference in average fares with AA every quarter.

This is precisely the competitive environment that I said AA was entering... LHR, Latin America, DFW... you name it.

AA will be the one that is hurt the most by their perceived need to keep competitors out of their markets instead of being able to compete and win.

TRANSLATION:  DL is winning!
:p

WT the DL 763 is a pathetic product for this market. No wonder they aren't selling BE and the seats are going to non-revs like yourself!

Josh

Back